Available
    Ethnicity
    Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Exclamation Sarah Sjöström, Jeanette Ottesen, & Dana Vollmer TONIGHT!

Sarah Sjöström (SE.), Jeanette Ottesen (DK.), & Dana Vollmer (U.S.) TONIGHT! (in ~30 Mins.!)

...these 3 Germanic chix (top, middle, bottom below, respectively) are competing for GOLD!, SILVER, and BRONZE in the Final for the 100 m. Butterfly tonight in ca. 30 minutes!! :o ...

Quote Originally Posted by +Suomut+ View Post

...along with 5 other competitors (2 other White girls and 3 Asians), I SHANT!! be missing it...so exciting!! :o It would be JUST FINE BY ME!!!, if all three of the above win all three of the medals. There has been a lot of talk about Dana V. herein America, and she already has four Olympic Gold medals, including one last time around in THIS event at the London Games 2012, so, I suppose she's a favorite in this. Jeanette O. is medal-less in the Olympics so far, thus, I presume she's an underdog. Sarah S. is also medal-less thus far in the Olympics, although, the way she kicked ass!! last night, I won't be surprised if she wins the Gold tonight. :o

. "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thumbs Up Sarah Sjöström WINS IT! (GOLD!!!) , Dana Vollmer (BRONZE!) :)

Sarah Sjöström (SE.) & Dana Vollmer (U.S.) TONIGHT!

...Sarah S. is also medal-less thus far in the Olympics, although, the way she kicked ass!! last night, I won't be surprised if she wins the Gold tonight. :o
    SARAH DID IT!!! ...HER FIRST OLYMPIC GOLD!!! Dana came in third for Bronze!, and N.B.C. just interviewed her about it, and she said she was happy with it, because her goal was to at least win a medal (and prior to this event tonight, she had already one Silver! in some other event in these Games, so she's running 2 medals so far in this)...SUPER GIRLS!!

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, August 16th, 2019 @ 06:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
    The Olympic Games in South America is a bad event for us Europeans - almost all important decisions take place in deep night, like 2 or 3am.
    I complained about the same when on the phone to my gran the other day. In previous Olympics I really enjoyed watching the swimming, for instance - that's near impossible.

It's not only the fact the decisions are decided in the evening, local time. Back in London and Athens I recall most swimming finals took place around 7PM or 8PM local time - and now in Rio they take place around 10PM or 11PM local time.

So whilst it'd be absolutely OK staying up until midnight or even 1AM to watch a competition - the events being held between 3AM and 5AM is the worst it could hit Europe: It's too late to stay up and too early to get up. Whoever decided that should be shot by firing squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Englisc View Post
    Congratulations to Virginian Ginny Thrasher, gold medalist in air hockey! edit: slip of the tongue, meant air shooting
    Olivia Hofmann, a girl with whom I more or less grew up with (I was youth friends with her sister) competed in the same event, but she ended up missing the Finals by a very close 0.2 points --- her first two series weren't up to her usual standard, she hit over 3 points less than on her qualification score.

[Means I now more or less grew up with two Olympians (the other being Luge ace Wolfgang Kindl who was in my class for some time) - beat that! ]
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

. "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Arrow Summer Olympics SHOULD Be In Greece, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    ...3AM and 5AM is the worst it could hit Europe: It's too late to stay up and too early to get up. Whoever decided that should be shot by firing squad.
    I heard a commentator here maintain that both sets of the Olympics should be located each time around in a permanent! location; and I agree with him per this. I. m. o., the Summer ones should be permanently done in Greece (and this would be great for their economy, since they always need all the help they can get per this respect); because in truth if it had not been for Greece and the Greeks none of the business would prolly be transpiring these more recent decades. Greece is more or less in a central location, globally, etc., and then ye Europeans, e. g., wouldn't have anything to bitch and complain about regarding the competition times. Additionally, I detest the politicization of the Olympics, esp. when Communist regimes host them, like the way the Chinese did, which was in my view creepy; and I'm not a fan of the "aren't we a great country and people"--spirit nearly all the Olympics host countries do, which to me smacks of 'braggadocio' (give me a break). Moreover, the commercialization of the Olympics also sucks, esp. the way America and Americans always 'operate' and do--in North America, e. g., all one has to do is watch N. B. C. to behold it; again, give me a break and to hell with it, i. e. "BIG! business central."

The Winter Olympics ought to also be somewhere useable and do-able near Greece, like in the Balkans or (better) the Alps...perchance Schweiz would be ideal for several reasons...one being, they're already multi-lingual, and nearly everyone on Earth considers the place neutral.

Olivia Hofmann, a girl with whom I more or less grew up with...[Means I now more or less grew up with two Olympians (the other being Luge ace Wolfgang Kindl who was in my class for some time) - beat that! ]
    Wow!!...ja man...WAY AWESOME!! and worthy of noting. Few persons can say something like this, really.

. "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Grin Duran Duran's "Rio" ;)

This ought to be the theme song for this Rio Olympics ; although, since Duran Duran is English/British the Brazilians wouldn't, couldn't tolerate it, haha. Still, I'm sure they are playing the hell out of this ditty down there these days, but I can't say as I've noticed it playing, yet, watching the events here on TV. This song dates from 1982, o' course, and I am a Duran Duran fan...me being a mere teenager when this one hit the pop-charts and have always liked it (certainly not my fav. song by these lads, though).

Last Online
    Friday, October 14th, 2016 @ 12:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celt
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Youth
    Occupation
    Law student
    Politics
    Conservative, Nationalist
    Religion
    Lapsed Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The gold rush begins: Britain's Rio Olympics medal tally rises quicker than at London 2012

Team GB’s Rio 2016 gold rush is well and truly underway after historic victories for kayaker Joe Clarke and synchro divers Chris Mears and Jack Laugher.

Clarke, 23, kick-started GB’s quest for Olympic gold with a superb victory in the K1 slalom event, the country’s first in the sport since 2004.

Barely an hour later, Mears and Laugher had stunned the crowds at the diving centre with a barnstorming display in the 3m springboard final to win Britain’s first ever diving gold medals.

GB’s superb night continued when gymnast Max Whitlock took bronze in the men’s individual all-around contest, Britain’s first medal in the six-discipline event since 1908.

Earlier there were also bronze medals for cyclist Chris Froome, shooter Steve Scott and judoka Sally Conway, following overnight silver medals in the pool for Siobhan-Marie O’Connor and the men’s 4x200m relay team, bringing GB’s medals tally to 12.

It means that with 11 days to go, GB are already one-quarter of the way towards their overall target of 48 medals, which would make Rio the team’s best ever Games on foreign soil. GB now stand 9th in the medal table, with one more gold than at the same stage in 2012.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...lly-rises-qui/

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Our German Hockey team had to sing our anthem akapella because the organisators had technical problems. So there was no melody and sound.

It´s nice to see a fully ethnic German team singing our anthem. They are not singing talents, though...however, it is the thought that counts!

View here:
    http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitr...ch-weggesungen

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2018 @ 02:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
    Our German Hockey team had to sing our anthem akapella because the organisators had technical problems. So there was no melody and sound.

It´s nice to see a fully ethnic German team singing our anthem. They are not singing talents, though...however, it is the thought that counts!

View here:
    http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitr...ch-weggesungen
    Imagine how awkward it would be if that happened to Die Mannschaft - Müller, Neuer, and a couple of others awkwardly belting out the anthem while the likes of Boateng, Özil, and Khedira stand there in silence, resenting every second of it.

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    287 Posts

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    An all German White team with no immigrant players has just won the Football Olympic Champions title!

All! sung the German national amthem at the beginning, by the way!

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast