Science
    Religion
    Unity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Question The Last Nordic Invasion?

▬{ Those who live between the Rhine and the Vistula, between the Baltic and the Alps, are only the heart of an immense territory inhabited by other heirs of ancient Thule. To this Halgadom belong not only the Germans, but also many other Europeans: the Scandinavians, faithful to their Nordic origins; the Netherlanders, more German than the Germans; the British, divided between Celts and Saxons; the French, heirs of the Franks and regenerated by the Normans or the Burgundians; the Italians in whose veins runs the blood of the Lombards; the Spaniards, who still carry many an imprint of the Visigoths. And also the Russians, whose country was founded by Swedish Varegs, those Vikings of the rivers and steppes… }

— Jean Mabire, un écrivain, journaliste et critique littéraire français.

He of course leaves out, that the Greeks, the Romans, the Aryans of India, and so on and so on, came from the North.

The Oriental & Levantine psyche invaded Europe in various guises, with its communism (a blended soul, i.e. no ‘I’— thus non-anthropos, ‘demonic’), and anarcho-tyrranny; but it was always pushed back, or the system re-invigorated by the Nordics in fresh invasions from the North. (This is all of ancient and medieval history. From the Greeks, to the last invasion, I guess in the 12 century as the Normans. This is all Encylopedia-tier info.)

We have 3.000+ years of Nordics re-infusing civilization with Nordic blood & spirit.

But what I want to know was the last Nordic invasion in the 12th century (the Normans)? The Teutonic Knights were in the 12th century also.
    "I have reached these lands but newly
    From an ultimate dim Thule
    From a wild weird clime, that lieth, sublime,
    Out of SPACE — out of TIME
    ."
    Edgar Allan Poe

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Interesting question. It seems that the trend of southward migration of Nordics is mostly restricted to ancient times. This also begs the question to what extent these migrations have been historical or mythical. The Spartans for example had a myth of origin which traced their ancestors back to Doric migration from the north, but the extent to which this is historically accurate has been debated as far as I know.

Perhaps we should distinguish between historical migrations which lead to the spread of nordics to the south, such as mainly the Germanic migrations, on the one hand and myths of origin on the other hand. Although the latter doesn't have to exclude an historical basis, it is much harder to establish this with certainty, since a myth of foundation can extend way back. For example the Kurgan hypothesis of the origin of the Indo-Europeans would exclude a northern origin of Germanics, Balts, Tocharians etc., but a pre-Indo-European polar origin has been proposed as an alternative inspiration for these myths that claim descendence from the north (Jean Haudry, The Indo-Europeans, p. 110). The migration from the Kurgan area to the rest of Europe and Asia would then be a second migration and the myths reminding us of a polar origin would be of pre-Kurgan origin.

Back to the question of the last Nordic invasion. At least Rosenberg associated the Huguenots with Nordics, but they migrated back north mostly, from France to Germany and the Netherlands. Another wave of migration I can think of which might have had a(n) (south-)eastern migration of Nordics as a side effect could be the expansion of German farmers from the middle ages onward. Their migration to Slavic and Magyar lands continued up untill the nineteenth century.

Uniter
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Ancestry
    Iceland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    State
    Reykjavik Reykjavik
    Thule
    Occupation
    Merit
    Politics
    Science
    Religion
    Unity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    We had many invasions of Germanics into the South & East in the Middle-Ages.

A good project would be to chart all of these as Nordic Invasion Studies.

And of course — anything North to the core Roman areas is the North.

."
    Edgar Allan Poe

. "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Arrow Huguenots, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernhard View Post
    At least Rosenberg associated the Huguenots with Nordics, but they migrated back north mostly, from France to Germany and the Netherlands.
    Wherein does Rosenberg express this, in Der Mythus...? Huguenots very much also departed for the British Isles and Ireland, said region being northward from France as well. A big question I have about Huguenots was/is...esp. per this thread(al)-regard: what region(s) of France did most Huguenots orginate? Were most of them from northern France, for example? My adopted mother was/is (deceased) of partial-Huguenot ancestry (maternally so) (and ultimately proven to be true/valid by DNA assessment) along with being straight-line paternally-Swabian and part-Deutsch via other southwest-German (Alpine) lines (including Austrian), as well as being part-'British' (including English) by 'blood'--so she was very, very western-Europid and mostly Germanic by genetics and was very blonde (ashen variety) throughout her childhood and stayed blonde up until her late-teens, green-eyed, but not light-skinned (was 'medium' skinned); but the thing is, most sticklers in the field of physical anthropology especially those holding 'Nordicist' views would reject the suggestion that my ad.-mom was 'Nordic.' Methinks it probably true also that most ethnic Huguenots (past and present) would fail to 'pass' the stringent 'Nordic tests' that a certain % of phy.-anthropologists 'out there' go by/hold/use; but the Huguenots are certainly not alone per this regard. It's not my intention, though, to ricochet this thread off into the direction of phy.-anthro.

Dare I suggest, y'all, that the German 3. Reich via the Second World War was the latest 'Nordic Invasion' of: western, southern, and eastern Europe, 1939-1944 (since there was no German invading of anything going on post-Jan. 1945); since there were a heck of a lot of Nordic-Germanics (whether Deutsch or not...but overwhelmingly Deutsch) involved in (and perished in) that. The thing is, though, this/it all was so very brief and had very little lasting 'effect;' and in respect to eastern Europe especially it/this created a 'vacuum' eradicating Germanic-Nordics, at least...this of course being one of the grand horrors and tragedies of the mid-Twentieth Century.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by +Suomut+ View Post
    Wherein does Rosenberg express this, in Der Mythus...?
    After discussing the historical role the Huguenots played in France for several pages in the fourth section of chapter 1 of book 1, he writes: "Rassengeschichtlich gesprochen: durch den Untergang der Hugenotten war im Reich der Franken die nordische Rassenkraft wenn nicht ganz gebrochen, so doch stark zurückgedrängt worden. (...) Seitdem tritt der Mittelmeerländisch gemischte alpine Mensch in den Vordergrund (nicht der 'keltische')" (Der Mythus, 1941 Hoheneichen-Verlag, p. 102). And later in section 5 when talking about those Huguenots that left France and fled to Germany: "Die 300 000 Hugenotten, die nach Mitteleuropa kamen, waren entweder rein nordischer Art oder doch Träger eines Blutes, welches vom germanischen Wesen bedingt war und mit dem deutschen eine brüderliche Harmonie eingehen konnte" (p. 111). In short, the last bit of nordic blood an culture in France died out when the Huguenots fled; after this the alpine(-mediterranean) element started to dominate. I don't know whether this is supported by anthropological studies though.

A big question I have about Huguenots was/is...esp. per this thread(al)-regard: what region(s) of France did most Huguenots orginate? Were most of them from northern France, for example?
    Conflict between Catholics and Huguenots existed in Northern France as well (such as Rouen), but they were the most numerous in the south and perhaps the centre of France. The earlier Cathars show that especially the south has a longer tradition of opposition to the Church.

Uniter
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Ancestry
    Iceland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    State
    Reykjavik Reykjavik
    Thule
    Occupation
    Merit
    Politics
    Science
    Religion
    Unity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Grin

At least I am a Nordic invasion to Skadi.

Rest of you are from the South!
    ."
    Edgar Allan Poe

Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 01:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    All population migrations or conquests by northern Europeans qualify, surely.

Uniter
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Ancestry
    Iceland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    State
    Reykjavik Reykjavik
    Thule
    Occupation
    Merit
    Politics
    Science
    Religion
    Unity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    A Skadi member repped me "I'm from northern Norway, Reykjavik is south of that." (Don´t know if I can give his username. He can step forward.)

Damn! This is an interesting subthread tho,

lining up Skadiites "who´s north of who."
    ."
    Edgar Allan Poe

Last Online
    Friday, October 14th, 2016 @ 01:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celt
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Youth
    Occupation
    Law student
    Politics
    Conservative, Nationalist
    Religion
    Lapsed Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I guess I think of myself as pretty "northerly", living in the North of England, but looking at a map I'm south of anywhere in the Nordics, about the same as the northernmost point of the Netherlands, and further south than Schleswig-Holstein or Gydnia in northern Poland.

We Brits complain about the weather a lot. Even here, our summers are short and often rainy, and the winters are long and bracing... my sympathies go out to those Skadiites living even further north.