View Poll Results: What do you think about forming Germanic völkisch communities?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • I already live in such a community.

2 6.90%
  • I really like this concept and would like to be part of such a community.

15 51.72%
  • This is good in general but it's not for me, I prefer a different lifestyle.

6 20.69%
  • I don't like it and I don't think this will get us anywhere.

2 6.90%
  • Other opinion (please specify).

4 13.79%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Völkisch Settlers / Autonomous Germanic Communities?

Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 09:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid + Dalofaelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Germanic Nationalism
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

What's Your Opinion on Völkisch Settlers / Autonomous Germanic Communities?

Hello all,

for the last few months, the anti-German media has increasingly been concentrating on a group of German people who want to preserve their cultural and ethnic heritage and therefore settle in rural areas and form autonomous German communities there. They usually have many children and work as farmers and craftsmen in order to be as independent as possible. Since this development is increasing and could be a genuine and successful way to survive as an ethnic group of people in a multicultural country, the anti-German media and anti-German organizations focus on them more and more and spread hate propaganda against them and portray them as "hateful", "evil" racists.

Folkish families settle in villages, German media calls them Nazis, antisemitic, racist

I am very interested in this movement and I like this concept very much. In my opinion they do everything right what you can do right today as a Germanic person. Having many children, settling in beautiful rural areas, living autonomously and independently, helping and supporting each other in the community and raising the children with our own culture and traditions and protecting them from bad influences. This is what Germanic people should do if they want to preserve not only their race and heritage but also their culture, traditions and way of life and are really serious about it.

What do you think? Is this a good way to survive as a Germanic people with its own tradition and culture? Would you like to join such a community with likeminded Germanic folks and live the way our ancestors lived? Or is this not for you?

Last Online
    Friday, October 7th, 2016 @ 03:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Cape Province Cape Province
    Youth
    Religion
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Are the Amish attacked for doing the same thing in the USA? No. What about those Swiss religious communities such as the Menerthenia Society (obviously spelled wrong) are they attacked? No. So why are these guys getting such a bad time? They are politically incorrect.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, June 30th, 2017 @ 09:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I'm not Germanic so I wouldn't be moving to one of these communities anyway. But I'll express my opinion for what it's worth nonetheless.

Whist they are probably quite pleasant to live in for those who share the ideology.I would strongly council anyone I knew against joining one of these communities.

The problems will start when the children reach their teenage years and realise that as far as the wider society outside of their little "commune" is concerned they are total outcasts.

Many of these kids will rebel and leave the community and become estranged from their parents and the people they grew up with.

So ultimately this is I'm afraid a recipe for broken families and a fragmented community not a strong community and it's better avoided.
    Close observation may result in feelings of horror, wonder and awe at world you find yourself inhabiting.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid + Dalofaelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Germanic Nationalism
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horned God View Post
    I would strongly council anyone I knew against joining one of these communities.

The problems will start when the children reach their teenage years and realise that as far as the wider society outside of their little "commune" is concerned they are total outcasts.

Many of these kids will rebel and leave the community and become estranged from their parents and the people they grew up with.

So ultimately this is I'm afraid a recipe for broken families and a fragmented community not a strong community and it's better avoided.
    I don't agree with this at all. Reasonable and sensitive parents certainly know how to properly raise children with the truth and how to make them immune against anti-German lies and hate propaganda. No sensible parent would let their child grow up with a super-strict and sect-like mentality.

In my opinion, it is necessary to form such communities in order to LIVE the old German way of life and thus to make the children see for themselves that this kind of life is better than the soulless and meaningless life in a multicultural hellhole. And of course it's always important to stay in good contact with your children and talk to them and really show interest in what they think and what matters to them.

Children are intelligent and feel what you are really serious about and what really matters to you. If you let them see that you really honestly and deeply love your people, heritage and culture and it's one of your deepest wishes to preserve this, they will believe you. However, if you don't practise what you preach, do everything just half-heartedly and just issue orders to your children but don't care about what they really think, it's clear that you will fail. But this is self-evident to sensible and good parents.

So, I don't consider this a real argument because whether you form such communities or not - how you raise your children and how you treat them is a quite separate issue that has nothing to do with the question directly.

But anyway, what are the alternatives you would suggest? Which way of life would you choose to raise your children properly?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, June 30th, 2017 @ 09:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Angel View Post
    I don't agree with this at all. Reasonable and sensitive parents certainly know how to properly raise children with the truth and how to make them immune against anti-German lies and hate propaganda. No sensible parent would let their child grow up with a super-strict and sect-like mentality.
    By the sounds of the youtube video the commune seems quite regimented. "The women all home-school the kids, the men all build houses". What if a man wants to home school the kids and the woman wants to go out and work, is that allowed in the community or is it frowned upon? What about political views? Are people allowed to express views that other members of the community might find disagreeable? If not then, as I suspect is the case, its basically a cult. It's the Amish minus the funny hats...

In my opinion, it is necessary to form such communities in order to LIVE the old German way of life and thus to make the children see for themselves that this kind of life is better than the soulless and meaningless life in a multicultural hellhole.
    There are many ways of life. That is just one of them. Just because you don't like multiculturalism doesn't mean you have to go and live in a commune. Commune's almost never survive long btw and when they break up they usually leave the ex-members mentally ill-equipped to survive in the real world.

Which begs the next question, what level of an education will the children receive in one of these communes? Ok, the small children are home schooled. Lets assume that the quality of the homeschooling is competitive with the state school. What happens when they have to go to high-school? It'll most likely be a nightmare for them when the other kids find out they are from the "Nazi camp". They might well grow up hating their parents because of their school experience alone.

What if they become ardent leftists. It is a fact that a high percentage of adolescents adopt extremist views at some point anyway, then as they mature their views become more complex and moderate. That is not much of a problem in a regular home.

But what would happen if a teenager in one of these communes turned up at the "Althing" one evening brandishing the "Communist Manifesto" or Mao's "Little Red Book" and proclaiming that they had found the truth! Would that cause problems for them and their parents in the community? Would they or their child be packing their bags that very night? I don't know, I'm just asking.

If yes, then that's a very restrictive sort of community to belong to. Young people need to feel free to explore the world of ideas for themselves without fear of becoming outcasts. I assume you yourself were free to explore any ideas you wanted growing up? Intellectual freedom is a big part what it means to live in a free society. To take that away from a child or to make it so that they are terrified to open their mouths about certain topics in case they or the whole family gets ostracised would be unethical and cruel.

And of course it's always important to stay in good contact with your children and talk to them and really show interest in what they think and what matters to them.
    What may I ask would happen if by chance one of the kids turned out to be gay? There will always be one or two of those. Would you send them to live with your parents or would the whole family just have to move out of the commune?

Children are intelligent and feel what you are really serious about and what really matters to you. If you let them see that you really honestly and deeply love your people, heritage and culture and it's one of your deepest wishes to preserve this, they will believe you.
    That sounds all well and good, but be prepared that they may ultimately take the opposite view to you on many subjects. And if your views are extreme enough that may well lead to an estrangement once they reach adulthood. That would be a very sad state of affairs for all concerned.

Children are influenced by their parents sure, but they are more influenced by those around them. For instance if two Scottish people move to Australia and have kids, the kids won't inherit Scottish accents. They'll grow up sounding more like Crocodile Dundee... Children are heavily influenced by the society they grow up in. Accept the fact that you won't be able to control their opinions after they reach adolescence. If at that point your opinions are strongly divergent form theirs its seems to me inevitable that there will be a falling out.

Have you got any idea of what the rate of defection among young people is from these communes? Have any of them been around more than a generation at this point?

However, if you don't practise what you preach, do everything just half-heartedly and just issue orders to your children but don't care about what they really think, it's clear that you will fail. But this is self-evident to sensible and good parents.
    If you as you say, practice what you preach, they'll believe you're serious alright, but they won't necessarily agree with you, not once they reach adulthood. They might, but they probably won't.

I assume that you, like most people, grew up in a fairly politically moderate home? Yet you hold your own views.

My concern would be that if you were part of a hardcore community and your children grew to adopt moderate or even leftist political views then you might so alienate your children with your rightwing positions that after a certain point there will be a major row either with you or with the community leaders and you will end up becoming estranged from your own children.

That is how it ends up in nearly every cult and commune. These organisations cannot deal with differing opinions or with people, particularly young people, who are in the process of evolving their thoughts and opinions. That is why communes generally don't last very long and when they collapse its a big mess.

I suppose what it all boils down to is this: Which is your better option, raise you children as normal citizens and risk that they end up marrying a Hottentot (not very likely) or raise them in a commune and risk them ultimately rejecting you and the commune in favour of what the wider society can offer them, freedom of thought freedom of career, wider horizons etc.

I would suggest that the latter danger is far more likely, probably 50% at least, and that is assuming that the commune itself survives. So don't join a commune it's not a good risk. That's my advise.

But anyway, what are the alternatives you would suggest? Which way of life would you choose to raise your children properly?
    First of all I'd raise my children to know that they are free to think for themselves. That's the most important thing. Without that they are nothing but mental slaves. Many people are that way and don't even know it.

Secondly, I would let them know that they don't have to subscribe to any particular philosophy or ideology in order to secure my parental love. And that they can be sure in the knowledge that whatever conclusions they come to about life, I am not going to throw them out of the house, shun them or withhold my loyalty.

Lastly I'd try to get them the best possible education I could so that they would have good options when it came to choosing a path in life.

Then I'd turn them loose on the world.
    Close observation may result in feelings of horror, wonder and awe at world you find yourself inhabiting.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    It's a nice and romantic little concept but the only thing worse than having no concept is to have a half-baked, half-thought and half-finished concept at the time you release it to the public.

Take what you can from this concept and improve it: Don't make Amish-type self-contained communities that are completely secluded from all society --- win a village, and if enough people do this, win the nation. Don't do a hermit, build a stronghold!

The general idea is: Of course there is something very good about these communities. They are self-sufficient in that they help each other out with everyone having a given set of skills to contribute and thus re-enact traditional village society.

But they have the drawback of being secluded and being unable to reach the entire people. This has always been a demographical problem if it's 5% of the nation doing this --- and this has been worsened by the orchestrated swamping of our homelands by thousand of asylum seekers with local governments always able to arbitrarily pick small villages to be infested with a 'refugee camp' - these communities will be top of their list. And let's be honest: Five families stood against one thousand warriors of Allah's going to be a massacre.

The essential idea instead is: In many regions - especially here in the mountains - there still is something like an intact village society ... and all you have to do is to become part of that village + enter its clubs, communities et. al. + gain people's trust. Your kids will go to kindergarten and school together, they will play together - but they will also be able to bring other people's children into that circle, furthering through play the same activism that parents do whilst participating in the local fire brigade et. al.

Thus, you pick a village or small town that is both rural enough to not be damaged enough in its fabric - and at the same time easily enough reachable by traffic + with decent infrastructures (you want to get other families to join your endeavour, you want the kids to stick in town once they grow up). The ideal size of village or town for this is probably a community of 2,000 to 10,000 with as little racial and/or ethnic others as possible (if you got to pick between the town with 20% Turks and the town with 20% Croats, pick the Croats). You now gather all sworn comrades together, all move into this village, and enter village life. It'll become a self-runner and no government will be able to do anything against your settlerdom.

You reckon this won't work? It does! That's what the Turks have been doing since Day One! It's what the Jews have been doing for thousands of years! They all always moved into the same street of the same village and then slowly but surely took over the reins.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid + Dalofaelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Germanic Nationalism
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts
    By the sounds of the youtube video the commune seems quite regimented. "The women all home-school the kids, the men all build houses". What if a man wants to home school the kids and the woman wants to go out and work, is that allowed in the community or is it frowned upon?
    I don't think this is frowned upon. I guess everyone there can contribute to the community in the way he/she wants to. It is just not very likely that a man would want to do women's work and vice versa.

What about political views? Are people allowed to express views that other members of the community might find disagreeable? If not then, as I suspect is the case, its basically a cult.
    No, in the video it says clearly they have a Thinghaus where they take counsel and everyone can express their opinion on what is best for the community.

Which begs the next question, what level of an education will the children receive in one of these communes? Ok, the small children are home schooled. Lets assume that the quality of the homeschooling is competitive with the state school. What happens when they have to go to high-school? It'll most likely be a nightmare for them when the other kids find out they are from the "Nazi camp". They might well grow up hating their parents because of their school experience alone.
    Homeschooling is illegal in Germany, so this is no issue to discuss here. But it doesn't play a role what the typical brainwashed 08/15 kids think. Germanic children should be self-confident enough to not care about that.

What if they become ardent leftists.
    LOL, seriously, I don't have so few confidence and trust in my children's intelligence that I seriously worry about them becoming total leftist idiots. There is nothing useful about being so pessimistic, seriously. In your whole post, you constantly imagine the worst. I think it's far better to be trustful and not think so badly of your own children.

But what would happen if a teenager in one of these communes turned up at the "Althing" one evening brandishing the "Communist Manifesto" or Mao's "Little Red Book" and proclaiming that they had found the truth! Would that cause problems for them and their parents in the community? Would they or their child be packing their bags that very night? I don't know, I'm just asking.
    I think it's very unlikely for such a thing to happen with a child who has had a safe, healthy and happy childhood there. But I don't think the child would be excluded if he/she doesn't act negatively towards the community itself.

If yes, then that's a very restrictive sort of community to belong to. Young people need to feel free to explore the world of ideas for themselves without fear of becoming outcasts. I assume you yourself were free to explore any ideas you wanted growing up? Intellectual freedom is a big part what it means to live in a free society. To take that away from a child or to make it so that they are terrified to open their mouths about certain topics in case they or the whole family gets ostracised would be unethical and cruel.
    My children should be free thinkers and express their opinion freely. Never said they shouldn't.

What may I ask would happen if by chance one of the kids turned out to be gay?
    Children being born to parents who hold a healthy lifestyle and growing up healthily in a stable family don't turn out gay.

That sounds all well and good, but be prepared that they may ultimately take the opposite view to you on many subjects. And if your views are extreme enough that may well lead to an estrangement once they reach adulthood. That would be a very sad state of affairs for all concerned.
    Why are you so pessimistic and imagine the worst? My views are not extreme. I hold the view that you have to do what is necessary to ensure the survival of your people and culture, but not be unnecessarily cruel in order to reach this aim. This is not extreme at all.

Children are heavily influenced by the society they grow up in. Accept the fact that you won't be able to control their opinions after they reach adolescence. If at that point your opinions are strongly divergent form theirs its seems to me inevitable that there will be a falling out.
    I don't want to control their opinions, just influence them positively by talking to them about political issues and explaining difficult things to them. This is right and normal for a parent to do.

Have you got any idea of what the rate of defection among young people is from these communes? Have any of them been around more than a generation at this point?
    Of course. The utter most of them stay true to what they learned there in their childhood. There are a few certrain renegades but that's usually because their parents were very strict and didn't really care about the children and beat and abused them, etc. No sane parent would do that, but I have told you that already!

If you as you say, practice what you preach, they'll believe you're serious alright, but they won't necessarily agree with you, not once they reach adulthood. They might, but they probably won't.
    Probably won't? I think they propably will, definitely, especially because they see the proof that I am right everyday here on the streets and on the news.

I assume that you, like most people, grew up in a fairly politically moderate home? Yet you hold your own views.
    No, my parents basically agree with me on the most important political issues.

My concern would be that if you were part of a hardcore community and your children grew to adopt moderate or even leftist political views then you might so alienate your children with your rightwing positions that after a certain point there will be a major row either with you or with the community leaders and you will end up becoming estranged from your own children.
    This is utter paranoia. I have already said that my views are not extreme at all. I am absolutely pro-Germanic, yes, but I don't hold any extreme views. And I would not support a sect-like mentality in such a community.

First of all I'd raise my children to know that they are free to think for themselves.
    This is no contradiction to forming a Germanic community where the people support themselves and help each other.

Secondly, I would let them know that they don't have to subscribe to any particular philosophy or ideology in order to secure my parental love.
    Neither would I. The only thing they shouldn't do is to become a political enemy of the Germanic people, for example becoming an antifa member or a race traitor. But that is self-evident that no sane Germanic parent would ever tolerate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    The general idea is: Of course there is something very good about these communities. They are self-sufficient in that they help each other out with everyone having a given set of skills to contribute and thus re-enact traditional village society.

But they have the drawback of being secluded and being unable to reach the entire people. This has always been a demographical problem if it's 5% of the nation doing this --- and this has been worsened by the orchestrated swamping of our homelands by thousand of asylum seekers with local governments always able to arbitrarily pick small villages to be infested with a 'refugee camp' - these communities will be top of their list. And let's be honest: Five families stood against one thousand warriors of Allah's going to be a massacre.

The essential idea instead is: In many regions - especially here in the mountains - there still is something like an intact village society ... and all you have to do is to become part of that village + enter its clubs, communities et. al. + gain people's trust. Your kids will go to kindergarten and school together, they will play together - but they will also be able to bring other people's children into that circle, furthering through play the same activism that parents do whilst participating in the local fire brigade et. al.

Thus, you pick a village or small town that is both rural enough to not be damaged enough in its fabric - and at the same time easily enough reachable by traffic + with decent infrastructures (you want to get other families to join your endeavour, you want the kids to stick in town once they grow up). The ideal size of village or town for this is probably a community of 2,000 to 10,000 with as little racial and/or ethnic others as possible (if you got to pick between the town with 20% Turks and the town with 20% Croats, pick the Croats). You now gather all sworn comrades together, all move into this village, and enter village life. It'll become a self-runner and no government will be able to do anything against your settlerdom.

You reckon this won't work? It does! That's what the Turks have been doing since Day One! It's what the Jews have been doing for thousands of years! They all always moved into the same street of the same village and then slowly but surely took over the reins.
    Um, that is exactly what they do. They don't live totally secluded, they want to reach the normal local people there and have contact with them. They invite them to their festivals like the solstice celebrations, etc. and talk to other parents in kindergarten, and so on.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Um, that is exactly what they do. They don't live totally secluded, they want to reach the normal local people there and have contact with them.
    I understand this is the case, but from what I have observed, they pick communities which are village of 200 people or under. This makes for quick short-term success, but in the long run isn't going to win an entire nation. I also disagree with the concept of more or less shunning modern life - that's not in touch with the progressive spirit of our nation. I have heard of an extreme case of a family that were ousted from such a community because they wanted to have TV, that's beyond ridiculous.

As is over-traditional garment. The problem is: these times are shallow - and the package is at least as important as the content. Thus, we want to look traditional and decent, but not like the Amish. Sure, perhaps this is something that's going to be much easier in Alpine regions where wearing the local traditional garb of Lederhosen/Dirndl (the latter allows the young women to dress classy and provocative at the same time, too ) at events both formal and casual is considered good practice anyway, and where some traditional festivals like the Fasnacht, the Perchtenlauf, or both solstices are considered village happenings with large groups of completely apolitical folk taking part in such things anyway.

The better route, like I mentioned would be to pick a village or small town with about 2,000 to 10,000 inhabitants. These will typically already have some cultural program available that can be 'unterwandert'. These will typically have a local butcher, a local baker, several café owners, and most importantly have some manufacture and/or industry where the children, after finishing school, can take apprenticeship, or where they might - should they wish to pursue higher education (we're going to need doctors & lawyers as well + not everyone's fit to be a farmer or craftsman: a nation prospers from a variety of talents) - be able to visit grammar school without having to leave the village/small-town. You're going to much more likely have kids, once they reach youth and perhaps adulthood, continue to participate in social activities in the village instead of moving into the city because 'nothing is ever happening there'. Young people do want exciting stuff to happen + you're going to want them to do that exciting stuff in your village or a village along, but not in a migrant-swamped city.

We're going to want to take up the "folk building" and the "stronghold" idea that was invented by the 'settler concept' but we're going to want to take it that step further, where we appear to really be normal village folks for all intents and purposes, except that we're political. We want to be the vanguard of a folk awakening, not a curiosity where people make holidays.

Addendum: Note that it's important that the 10,000 is probably the upper boundary to make it work, for the simple reason that towns and cities larger than that are awfully 'verstädtert' and do have a tendency to make people sick, mentally and physically.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Spirit of the Reich
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Volksdeutscher
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Y-DNA
    I-M170
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Gemini
    Family
    Polyamory
    Occupation
    Herbalist
    Politics
    Ecological Geniocracy
    Religion
    Vedic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    I totally support that type of project (I'm partially involved in one myself, although quite different then what is shown here). However, I reject the concept of adopting some kind of psycho-rigid lifestyle in order to live "like my ancestors".

My ancestors were mostly uneducated country folk without an internet access. I'm confident that I can do much better than them, using modern permaculture techniques and off-grid technologies.

Many people these days - especially in America and Australia - are getting invested full-on into resilience and off-grid living, without focusing too much on the völkisch, folkoric side. What matters is the results.

How some ridiculous folk costumes are helping you in any way except making you look like a fool and a backward person? You could very well wear Adidas jogging pants, Nike shoes and get the same results... What is the point to engrave runes everywhere (the vast majority of people don't know anything about runes anyway or what is their appropriate place). It's like they are doing their best to attract attention on themselves - and then complain about it.

Very often, the völkisch people are running away from the "modern world" instead of towards something. So their project is limited from the start.

If your intent is really to be 100% autonomous, then use the latest Permaculture practices, the latest solar technologies and resilience techniques, the latest Air-to-Water generators... etc. The folklore shall come later, and in a modernized form.

I don't care about "living like my ancestors". My ancestors were mostly losers anyway. I'm a modern Nazi with attitude, and so are my friends.

The only things we need concretely are:

- be 100% autonomous, using the appropriate technologies (both modern and ancestral)
    - regroup within the same villages
    (or group of villages - being only 25% within a village or less is enough to get quasi-control and get a mayor elected)
    - have ultimate loyalty to each other
    - if possible, switch our income to online-based income
    - live our modern lifestyle as we please

Everything else is superfluous.

Also, people always create some duality of "good family dudes" vs "bad skinheads/nazis". A complete clanic community needs its cheesy child-worshipers, but also its Männerbund (men's gang), its engineers and technicians and its spiritual leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Are the Amish attacked for doing the same thing in the USA? No. What about those Swiss religious communities such as the Menerthenia Society (obviously spelled wrong) are they attacked? No. So why are these guys getting such a bad time? They are politically incorrect.
    All those Protestant religious sects were actually persecuted in Germany and Switzerland, that's why most of them moved to America. Europe doesn't easily allow people to follow a different lifestyle. And the more the creative people expatriates, the worse it gets. Nowadays Europeans are a very apathetic, conformist bunch because all the courageous ones, dreamers, idealists and creatives left for other shores over the centuries.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid + Dalofaelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Germanic Nationalism
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts
    I understand this is the case, but from what I have observed, they pick communities which are village of 200 people or under. This makes for quick short-term success, but in the long run isn't going to win an entire nation.
    I think starting with very small villages is good for the start. It takes more people in order to be able to "take over" and infiltrate a whole small city of 10.000 inhabitants. So this could be the next step, yes. But now I think creating small völkisch villages is the better start. Then, it would be good to win an entire area with several villages near each other. And then, we could focus on the smaller cities.

I also disagree with the concept of more or less shunning modern life - that's not in touch with the progressive spirit of our nation. I have heard of an extreme case of a family that were ousted from such a community because they wanted to have TV, that's beyond ridiculous.
    Huh? I have never heard of such a case. I'm definitely NOT an enemy of modern technology. I don't have a TV, yes, but only because it's a waste of time to watch the 99% crap that is broadcasted here. But I have a computer, of course. I would NOT want to create another Amish village, that would be absurd.

As is over-traditional garment.
    Women and girls should wear dresses or skirts, yes, but modern dresses are fine and there's no need to wear folk costumes all the time. People can wear them if they want to in such a village but it should not be mandatory of course.

We want to be the vanguard of a folk awakening, not a curiosity where people make holidays.
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnenerbe View Post
    I totally support that type of project (I'm partially involved in one myself, although quite different then what is shown here). However, I reject the concept of adopting some kind of psycho-rigid lifestyle in order to live "like my ancestors".

My ancestors were mostly uneducated country folk without an internet access. I'm confident that I can do much better than them, using modern permaculture techniques and off-grid technologies.
    I think I'm misunderstood here. When I said we should show our children a life like our ancestors lived, I didn't mean getting rid of all modern technology - that would be absurd. I also have a washing machine and a dishwasher and don't go to the stream in the woods and wash my clothes manually there like the women in the 1800s did.

I was referring to the social ties people had with each other back then, the people in the village knew each other and helped each other and the children were always looked after by someone. So they formed a little Volksgemeinschaft in their village, celebrated their traditional festivals together and so on. It was nothing like today where everyone is anonymous and on one's own.

How some ridiculous folk costumes are helping you in any way except making you look like a fool and a backward person? You could very well wear Adidas jogging pants, Nike shoes and get the same results...
    There is a good middle way between both extremes. No-one should be expected to wear ultra-traditional folk costumes all the time but also not have an anti-social sloppy look. You can wear classy and modern clothes at the same time.

I don't care about "living like my ancestors". My ancestors were mostly losers anyway.
    There is no reason to belittle one's ancestors. They didn't have modern technology and they had to work hard to survive and nevertheless they raised more children than the typical modern losers who should actually have much more time and energy than the people back then.

The only things we need concretely are:

- be 100% autonomous, using the appropriate technologies (both modern and ancestral)
    - regroup within the same villages
    (or group of villages - being only 25% within a village or less is enough to get quasi-control and get a mayor elected)
    - have ultimate loyalty to each other
    - if possible, switch our income to online-based income
    I agree with that.

Also, people always create some duality of "good family dudes" vs "bad skinheads/nazis". A complete clanic community needs its cheesy child-worshipers, but also its Männerbund (men's gang), its engineers and technicians and its spiritual leaders.
    Of course we need people of various occupations but "good family dudes" is something they all should be - no matter what kind of profession they have. "Spiritual leaders" sounds strange, like wanting to establish a sect-like mentality and I don't agree with that. We need stable, healthy and down-to-earth families and no strange, spiritual "gurus". These types of guys are usually complete losers anyway.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast