Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 143

Thread: The 'Alt-Right' & Neoreactionaries

  1. #11
    Senior Member Catterick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 01:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Location
    Aqua
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coillearnach View Post
    How is that sophistry?
    Think what you said. NRxers said that kind of thing constantly.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Coillearnach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    12 Hours Ago @ 05:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Vagrant
    Politics
    Nativism/Nationalism
    Religion
    Summum bonum
    Posts
    303
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    229
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    203
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Catterick View Post
    Think what you said. NRxers said that kind of thing constantly.
    Could you explain?

  3. #13
    Senior Member Catterick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 01:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Location
    Aqua
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coillearnach View Post
    Could you explain?
    I never meant a personal attack, its just the sentence was very NRx and wouldn't make much sense outside of their circle.

    Anyway after MPC made fun of NRx the big names ceased outreach to normies and retreated into obscurity. That whole movement feels old hat now.

    The alt-right on the other hand descended into rudeness and purity spirals. I wonder what Evola would make of edgelord culture especially when they meme him, its the opposite of what he valued. Personally I don't care about the aims of the alt-right cause they don't seem to have any, the problem with the net is anyone with a connection can express themself, start a sock puppet and hide behind politics to vent their frustrations. Wasn't there a parable about wheat and chaff?

  4. #14
    Senior Member SaxonCeorl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    Sunday, June 17th, 2018 @ 07:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Gender
    Posts
    418
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    So what are white ethnic preservationists if not "alt right"?

  5. #15
    Senior Member Catterick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 01:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Location
    Aqua
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonCeorl View Post
    So what are white ethnic preservationists if not "alt right"?
    The alt-right is without a definition, its a zeitgeist taking a bad direction.

    Saying white ethnic preservationism is not sensible is ahistorical, because racialism preceded the alt-right. Someone like George Lincoln Rockwell would nowadays be considered "cucked" because of the purity spiral.

    This is brought on by garbage about no enemies to the right, which comes from watching the way moderate leftists use commies as attack dogs. The problem is with online dishinibition, the left's failure to rein in its SJWs is finally discrediting regular liberalism, now clickbait journos and the like are pushing things no moderate would ever agree with, like acceptance of paedophilia. (The alt-right like NRx don't realise the slippery slope is a logical fallacy, so they can't see this.) And Hitler had no problem tone policing when Nazi sympathisers like cartoonist Julius Streicher became an embarassment to the movement - even the purge of the SA was because they were uncouth and often openly homosexual. But then again things Hitler said would make him a "cuck".

    Nowadays between this polarising between left-liberals and right-liberals, any kind of Third Position is being left out. Concepts like fascism and symbols like the swastika are being watered down, which is half good because they can't be used as smears anymore, but along the way the genuine "fashy" movement gets blurred into US right wing bullshit.

  6. #16
    Sound methods Chlodovech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 12:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Gender
    Politics
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Posts
    3,147
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,468
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,519
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts
    Most of the people who complain about the alt. right here aren't millennials, they (we, me) are from an era predating that of the alt. right.

    I don't understand: finally we have plenty of young people identifying with ideals most people here cherish and yet there's so much negativity. That mentality is more obstructive than the (cyber) activism of the alt. right. The future is to the alt. right and those who support the alt right, it's the way forward. Alt. rightists will gain even more of a foothold in classic nationalist/identitiarian circles in the near future. I suggest embracing this new development as soon as possible instead of opposing this unstoppable new wave of nationalism on the basis of it being a novelty and a method of expression of a younger generation you can't identify with.

    Me, I'm 100% behind these young brave energetic people. They may not associate themselves with a particular ideology like many do here and they may be too edgy for their own good at times but for every stupid meme/cartoon/song there are ten or more amazing ones. And I think their less succesful creations/ideas still have the hallmark of intelligence. The alt right being able to have a humerous and critical look at itself may be too much to stomach to some, but I can live with it. And they got wonderful thinkers such as Greg Johnson. As for the youngsters who identify as alt rightists, they're great. Above all: they're active. I know dozens of these girls and boys and I wish they were all here on Skadi.

    Sure, because they're a bit young they may also be a bit stupid but who isn't at that age?
    “Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no-one is too poor to buy.” - C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle

  7. #17
    Senior Member Catterick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 01:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Location
    Aqua
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    Most of the people who complain about the alt. right here aren't millennials, they (we, me) are from an era predating that of the alt. right.

    I don't understand: finally we have plenty of young people identifying with ideals most people here cherish and yet there's so much negativity. That mentality is more obstructive than the (cyber) activism of the alt. right. The future is to the alt. right and those who support the alt right, it's the way forward. Alt. rightists will gain even more of a foothold in classic nationalist/identitiarian circles in the near future. I suggest embracing this new development as soon as possible instead of opposing this unstoppable new wave of nationalism on the basis of it being a novelty and a method of expression of a younger generation you can't identify with.

    Me, I'm 100% behind these young brave energetic people. They may not associate themselves with a particular ideology like many do here and they may be too edgy for their own good at times but for every stupid meme/cartoon/song there are ten or more amazing ones. And I think their less succesful creations/ideas still have the hallmark of intelligence. The alt right being able to have a humerous and critical look at itself may be too much to stomach to some, but I can live with it. And they got wonderful thinkers such as Greg Johnson. As for the youngsters who identify as alt rightists, they're great. Above all: they're active. I know dozens of these girls and boys and I wish they were all here on Skadi.

    Sure, because they're a bit young they may also be a bit stupid but who isn't at that age?
    I don't know - what's a Millennial? People born after 1982 (Wikipedia) can be as old as 34, that's old enough to know better than some of the worst behaviour I've seen. Same as with immature SJWs that age, this situation could be solved with the draft, a functioning society has no need for its nerds.

    Now of course lots of great people are in the alt-right, I'm not going to hate on the thinkers or the average TRSwaggot. The problem is the alt-right took the wrong turn because doesn't have much focus making it prone to pointless infighting, it was homos versus Christians the other week and I don't like either but nor do I want to shut quality out.

  8. #18
    Senior Member SaxonCeorl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    Sunday, June 17th, 2018 @ 07:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Gender
    Posts
    418
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Catterick View Post
    The problem is the alt-right took the wrong turn because doesn't have much focus making it prone to pointless infighting, for example homos versus Christians.
    That same problem affects the American libertarian movement. Perhaps a lack of focus is to be expected from nascent movements?

  9. #19
    Senior Member Catterick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 01:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Location
    Aqua
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonCeorl View Post
    That same problem affects the American libertarian movement. Perhaps a lack of focus is to be expected from nascent movements?
    Libertarianism is hardly nascent in the US, having been round for decades and exerted an influence on the Reagan years. Some people just don't get their acts together.

    Even then libertarians have a core of beliefs from a few thinkers like Murray Rothbard and Barry Goldwater, the alt-right has no definitive founding figures and it should have remained a think tank of a few right-Nietzscheans.

  10. #20
    Uniter
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Thulean Imperial Inquisitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Ancestry
    Iceland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    State
    Reykjavik Reykjavik
    Location
    Ísland
    Gender
    Family
    Thule
    Occupation
    Merit
    Politics
    Science
    Religion
    Unity
    Posts
    428
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by renownedwolf View Post
    I think it started off ok with some decent philosophical insights but has degenerated quite a bit in the last few years and really has become a cesspool of edgy dickheads.
    renownedwolf, why does your profile state that you are English and in the United Kingdom? aren´t you American living in America?
    "I have reached these lands but newly
    From an ultimate dim Thule
    From a wild weird clime, that lieth, sublime,
    Out of SPACE — out of TIME
    ."
    Edgar Allan Poe


Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Tuesday, October 10th, 2017, 01:47 PM
  2. Why Iceland Doesn't Have an Alt-Right Problem
    By Nachtengel in forum Iceland
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Wednesday, April 5th, 2017, 01:54 PM
  3. The Alt Right and Eurasianism
    By Nattevind in forum Politics & Geopolitics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Thursday, December 8th, 2016, 07:02 PM
  4. Rise of the Alt-Right in Australia
    By Sasa in forum Australia & New Zealand
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sunday, December 4th, 2016, 11:29 PM
  5. Erkenbrand: The Alt-Right in the Netherlands
    By Nachtengel in forum Netherlands & Flanders
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Wednesday, September 28th, 2016, 07:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •