Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Folkish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahnenerbe View Post
    Googling it up, I found that it was indeed a political decision designed to appease Islamic whiners.
    That might indeed have been part of the story, but technically "Muslim" is, from a linguistic standpoint, the correct English transliteration of the Arabic word in question. Modern Standard Arabic does not have a short "o" sound; it has a short "u" sound. The many spoken Arabic dialects around the world are, of course, a different matter.

From the relevant Wikipedia article, to name just one of hundreds of sources:

The ḍammah ⟨ضَمَّة⟩ is a small curl-like diacritic placed above a letter to represent a short /u/ (and sounds like the 'oo' sound in the English word "took"). For example: ⟨دُ⟩ /du/.

Returning to archaic usages like "Moslem" or "Mahomet" may seem like a worthy political statement, but in my opinion it's more likely to be counterproductive, creating as it does an impression of anachronism or ignorance.

The point could be better made, I think, by contradicting those who say, in an attempt to placate the Islamics among them, "the Prophet Muhammad". I usually reply, wait a minute, don't you mean, from a Christian standpoint, "the arch-heretic Muhammad" or, from a clinical standpoint, "the lunatic Muhammad"? That usually gets a useful conversation going, forcing people to examine their own unconscious submission to Islamic hegemony.

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 06:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germans, Hungarians, Slavs
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Democratic National-Conservativ
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    My fovourite version for the Muslim is the Musulman. This has comen from the Persian plural version of the Muslim. Well, I feel the Muslim is absolutely spread in the Western World, however the Mohamed is always commonly as the Muhammad. The Mohamed has comen from the Turkish version of Muhammad and through the Ottomans has spread across Europe.

"Remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus,"or that virtue "was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice."
    /King Baldwin IV in the Kingdom of Heaven/

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 26th, 2018 @ 03:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic French
    Ancestry
    Lothringen
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    France France
    State
    Lorraine Lorraine
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    None
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes, Mahomet is quite close to Turkish Mehmet.
    And I agree that Mahomet (or whatever his name might be) must have been a cunning bastard, ordering that people be killed in order to appropriate their wives and belongings.

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    I have red a lot of by the Islam and I have an Al-Quran too. Basically the Islam is a peacfully religion, more peacfully than the Christianity with full power of the last centuries with Crusades or witch burning. Till the World Wor I Arabia slept under the realm of the Ottoman Turkish Empire.

The Muslims have started to be agressive when they have been conquered by the Western Colonial Powers and after the WWII, the Middle-East have becomen the playing ground of the Superpowers till nowadays when the USA and the Russia fight for Syria. Another thing the oilsupply from the Middle-East, however it is just one reason why the Superpowers want controll that area.

One hundred years ago noboy posed with guns and Al-Quran as nobody want conquer their land. Moreover we know on our experience where the Americans put own foot, they change the society, the cultur, the religion, the racial base of the population and the langauge with anglicizatuion. This is the reason why some Arab hate the West, because the western democracies are totalitarian and social engeneering own citizen. Under the Ottoman's rule the Sultan was the head of the Arab region as Khalifa, however the turks did not impact the daily lifes of their Arab subject.

"Remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus,"or that virtue "was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice."

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 26th, 2018 @ 03:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic French
    Ancestry
    Lothringen
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    France France
    State
    Lorraine Lorraine
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    None
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tell me, Wulfaz, how did Islam spread through North Africa ? Was it by dint of gentle and peaceful persuasion ?

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothringer View Post
    Tell me, Wulfaz, how did Islam spread through North Africa ? Was it by dint of gentle and peaceful persuasion ?
    Is interesting as many Middle-Eastern City had seen the Arabs as Liberators against the bureaocratic, totalitarian and inhuman system of the Roman Empire. F.e. the Muslims have gotten Jerusalem without a drop of blood. The people simply hated Constantinople and the Arabs were more tolerant with the Christians and the Jews like as the Romans whos burned everyone who did not believe the acctual Dogmas. This is the reason that the Arabs whos were equipted with fast horses, excelent swords, but poor or nothing armour that they could conquer the half of strongest Empire of the world what was equiped with battle- and siegemachines, the strongest naval by galleys, armoured infatry, the heviest armored cavalry of that World, the Clibanarii. A superior power of a Superpower has becomen nothing, because the people hated this power. Furthermore the Eastern-Roman Empire and the Sassanid Persia had fought each other under decades and this totally exhausted the both Empire, hence the half of Byzant was conquered by the Arabs, the whole Persia has gotten to the hand of the Arabs.

I think this was similar to the dawnfall of the Communist Empire and this will similar when the American Empire will collapse. If the whole World hate you, you ICBM-s and Aircraft Carriar change to nothing.

The backbone of the Byzantine army, the full armoured heavy cavalry. Later this type of cavalry will be the base of the Frankish and the other Germanic knights.

And these were the early Arabs whos have conquered tha half of the Eastern Empire and Persia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12