Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: HG9 in Eurasia

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Last Online
    Thursday, June 29th, 2006 @ 07:07 PM
    Subrace
    Irano-Afghan/Corded
    Gender
    Age
    36
    Politics
    Pan-Aryan
    Religion
    Zoroastrian
    Posts
    449
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post HG9 in Eurasia

    Caucasus:
    Ossetian: 65%
    Azeri: 58%
    Armenians: 42%

    Iran:
    Shiraz: 77%
    Tehran: 67%
    Esfahan: 67%
    Zagros Mountains: 59%
    Western Caspian: 53%
    Eastern Caspian: 56%
    Central Asia:
    Kurd: 53%
    Iranian/Samarkand: 49%
    Tajik/Dushanbe: 37%
    Yagnobi: 32%

    Anatolia/Europe:
    Kurd: 40%
    Turk: 33%
    Greek: 28%

    Pakistan:
    Parsi: 39%
    Last edited by Siegfried; Monday, July 19th, 2004 at 07:10 PM. Reason: moved to the 'Genetics & Human Microbiology' forum

  2. #2
    Kamangir42
    Guest

    Post Re: HG9 in Eurasia

    What are your sources Shapur? The studies I have seen indicate lower frequency in Iran.

  3. #3
    Kamangir42
    Guest

    Post Re: HG9 in Eurasia

    By the way Shapur, I see that you posted Y chromosome haplotype frequencies for Kurds on the other thread. Do you have a link to these results? Do you have similar frequencies for "Persians", Gilakis, Mazandaranis etc?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Last Online
    Thursday, June 29th, 2006 @ 07:07 PM
    Subrace
    Irano-Afghan/Corded
    Gender
    Age
    36
    Politics
    Pan-Aryan
    Religion
    Zoroastrian
    Posts
    449
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post Re: HG9 in Eurasia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir42
    By the way Shapur, I see that you posted Y chromosome haplotype frequencies for Kurds on the other thread. Do you have a link to these results? Do you have similar frequencies for "Persians", Gilakis, Mazandaranis etc?
    I have used 20 sources. Mostly all Iranians have 60-70% HG9.
    Kurds also but the study I found is a bad representation.
    Look on the Kurds of Turkmenistan they have 53% this is very high when we think that they are mongolised. The most Kurds, northern Iranians and southern Iranians should have rates of 60-70%. There are also some tribes who have 90% like the Lurs of Shahre Kord. Also the mtDNA is very equal. I read some studies which show unequal results but this depended on the fact that not so many people were tested. The Georgians are genetical simmilar in mtDNA and Y-chromosome to Iranians. Also it is interesting that they have the same history of Yima. Maybe the south Georgians are a pre-IE tribe.
    But how I said mostly all Iranians are from y-chromsome equal.


    Barje soalaje mokhtales jek PM barje man benewis dooste aziz!

  5. #5
    Senior Member White Preservationist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Friday, September 30th, 2005 @ 05:17 AM
    Subrace
    Deniker's Nordic
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Age
    36
    Politics
    White Preservationist
    Religion
    Atheist
    Posts
    105
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post Re: HG9 in Eurasia

    What is HG9 supposed to signify?
    the characters do not make the genus, but the genus gives the characters -- Linnaeus

  6. #6
    Senior Member Japetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    Monday, September 20th, 2010 @ 08:23 AM
    Subrace
    Eurasian ( Lappoid+? )
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Location
    W. Eurasia
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    None.
    Politics
    Bolshevism/Eurasianism
    Religion
    Don't care
    Posts
    320
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Question Re: HG9 in Eurasia

    Quote Originally Posted by White Preservationist
    What is HG9 supposed to signify?
    I have the same question.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Last Online
    Tuesday, February 15th, 2005 @ 06:21 PM
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Gender
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Posts
    49
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post Re: HG9 in Eurasia

    I'm not sure but I think allegedly "Middle Eastern" admixture.
    Arab Bedouins are the ones with the highest HG9, over 90%

  8. #8
    Kamangir42
    Guest

    Post Re: HG9 in Eurasia

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian
    I'm not sure but I think allegedly "Middle Eastern" admixture.
    Arab Bedouins are the ones with the highest HG9, over 90%
    I believe Shapur thinks HG9 is the Aryan marker because of its high frequency in Iranians, Ossetians and other Iranian groups.

    HG9's origin is thought to be in the Fertile Crescent ~8000BCE. Bedouins do not have the highest frequency of HG9 (they have ~55%). Svans (an indigenous population from Georgia) have the highest frequency (~90%) followed by Iranians and some others. As such, it can't be Arab or Semitic (never mind the fact that the mutation for HG9 took place before there was any such thing as an Arab). By the way, Greeks have a frequency of ~25% of HG9 plus another ~25% of E3b which are both "non-European".

    There are also several distinct clades of HG9 (e.g. M-89, M-172) which makes population comparisons based solely on this haplogroup of little utility.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Last Online
    Tuesday, February 15th, 2005 @ 06:21 PM
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Gender
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Posts
    49
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post Re: HG9 in Eurasia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir42
    I believe Shapur thinks HG9 is the Aryan marker because of its high frequency in Iranians, Ossetians and other Iranian groups.

    HG9's origin is thought to be in the Fertile Crescent ~8000BCE. Bedouins do not have the highest frequency of HG9 (they have ~55%). Svans (an indigenous population from Georgia) have the highest frequency (~90%) followed by Iranians and some others. As such, it can't be Arab or Semitic (never mind the fact that the mutation for HG9 took place before there was any such thing as an Arab). By the way, Greeks have a frequency of ~25% of HG9 plus another ~25% of E3b which are both "non-European".

    There are also several distinct clades of HG9 (e.g. M-89, M-172) which makes population comparisons based solely on this haplogroup of little utility.
    My sources show different numbers.

    Svans are extremely light pigmented and have the highest blondism rate in Eurasia because of their isolation in the mountains.

  10. #10
    Kamangir42
    Guest

    Post Re: HG9 in Eurasia

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian
    My sources show different numbers.
    What are your sources?

    My source for Svans is:

    Wells et al., The Eurasian Heartland: A continental perspective on Y-chromosome diversity, PNAS 98:18, p10244-9, 2001

    The frequency of M-89 for Svans is 92%. M-89, along with M-172 and M-201, is a sub-clade of haplogroup 9, which is now known as J.

    Svans are extremely light pigmented and have the highest blondism rate in Eurasia because of their isolation in the mountains.
    That is why haplogroup 9/J cannot be an Arab or Semitic marker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Eurosiberia vs Eurasia?
    By Lusitano in forum Strategic Intelligence
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: Friday, March 17th, 2006, 07:09 PM
  2. The Sacral Authority of Eurasia
    By ogenoct in forum Political Theory
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Thursday, June 23rd, 2005, 11:58 AM
  3. HG9 is Associated with Migrations of Neolithic Agriculturalists
    By Deniker's Nordic in forum Population Genetics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Tuesday, October 12th, 2004, 03:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •