Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Breivik Wins Humans Rights Case

  1. #1
    Senior Member Englisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    Friday, October 14th, 2016 @ 12:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celt
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Location
    West Riding
    Gender
    Family
    Youth
    Occupation
    Law student
    Politics
    Conservative, Nationalist
    Religion
    Lapsed Catholic
    Posts
    446
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Breivik Wins Humans Rights Case

    Anders Breivik's prison conditions are a violation of Article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights, which prohibits "inhuman or degrading" punishment, an Oslo court ruled on Wednesday.

    Norway court to rule on Breivik 'torture' lawsuit (20 Apr 16)
    Murderer Breivik: Norway guilty of 'inhumane' treatment (18 Mar 16)
    The court sided with the convicted terrorist's claims that being held in solitary confinement in the Skien prison violates his human rights under Article 3.

    "The court... has concluded that the prison conditions constitute inhuman treatment," the Oslo District Court said in a written statement, noting that the rightwing extremist had been held in isolation for almost five years.

    As part of the ruling, the state will have to pay Breivik's case costs of some 330,000 kroner ($41,000, €36,000).

    The 37-year-old far-right extremist claimed at the March hearing into his lawsuit that his almost five-year isolation confinement violated the European Convention on Human Rights.

    The court agreed, saying that the conditions -- which include games consoles, workout machines and three cells at his disposal for his various activities -- violated his rights under Article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
    http://www.thelocal.no/20160420/brei...prison-lawsuit

    He has better living conditions than many Europeans, but he's somehow in a "degrading" situation.

  2. #2
    Like nobody else
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 11:46 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Ancestry
    Swedish and Danish
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    NS
    Religion
    NS
    Posts
    689
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I'm not going to spend a second discussing Breivik himself, but I have to say it's nice to see that the Norwegian justice system actually looks at things from a neutral and unbiased point of view. That wouldn't happen in Sweden, a person who's a "nazi" according the system wouldn't have the rights of a "normal" Swede, they wouldn't have given Breivik this "victory". I bet they wouldn't even have brought up his case in court in the first place.
    A democracy is nothing more than mob rule,
    where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%.

Similar Threads

  1. Rapist Wins Case to Be Allowed to Stay in NZ
    By Nachtengel in forum Australia & New Zealand
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Monday, October 16th, 2017, 03:12 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Wednesday, September 30th, 2009, 03:50 AM
  3. Firefighters' Civil Rights Case Could Reshape Hiring Policies
    By Nachtengel in forum The United States
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sunday, April 12th, 2009, 11:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •