In a 1996 presentation, Jewish astrophysicist Michael H. Hart makes the argument for preventing racial conflict by dividing the United States into three nations: A Black nation, a White nation, and a multicultural nation.

I. THE NEED FOR PARTITION

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. In the course of talking about partition of the United States, I will often be using the words "nation" and "state," so perhaps I should define those words right now.
The word nation refers to ethnicity. One dictionary defines a nation as: "a body of people marked off by common descent, language, culture, or historical tradition"

By contrast, the word state denotes a sovereign, independent country. I will use the words "country" and "state" interchangeably. Here are some examples:

The Norwegians are a nation, and they have their own state, Norway.
The Kurds are a nation, but they do not have their own independent state.
Rwanda, in Africa, is a state containing two national groups, the Hutu and the Tutsi.
India, Nigeria, the former Soviet Union, and the former Yugoslavia are or were multinational states.

Now what should be the relationship between nations and states? Most people accept (at least in theory) the principle of self-determination, the idea that each nation or people should be allowed to choose their government, and in particular should be allowed to have their own independent country or state if they want it.
Continues here http://www.lrainc.com/swtaboo/taboos/mhhart01.html