Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Feel You're Supporting Your Country/Nation Via Your Job?

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Frisian, Saxon
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Politics
    Frisian nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Do You Feel You're Supporting Your Country/Nation Via Your Job?

Basically, do you feel you add something of true worth to society by means of your work?

I often think about this. My current job involves making custom metal parts for many different companies and sometimes also individuals. Most of the time i make products which are truly useful, like stainless steel parts for the food industry for example. Then i feel content and also don't mind it too much if the work can be a bit tedious.

Sometimes however, i'm working weeks on end producing high cost custom parts for a 130 million euro 100 meter long yacht that is produced a couple of miles from here. No doubt the buyer is an extremely loaded sheik or something, who is only satisfied when his shower drains are being goldplated (i'm not kidding). Last named is the kind of work of which i think 'Why am i getting up early in the morning everyday, to make all this stuff for one guy only? One insanely spoiled guy...'

Colleagues of mine often say 'I don't care for who or what it is, as long as it's work' I don't really agree with that, since i feel i could use my time better.

I'm curious how you guys think about your job and if it has a societal value for you.
    Būter, brea en griene tsiis
    Wa't dat net sizze kin is gjin oprjochte Fries!

Grand Member
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 31st, 2019 @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,394 Posts
    Well, Sybren, at least you work as a producer and there is something tangible to show for your hard work - regardless of the beneficiary!

I used to find my work gratifying when I started out in the Leicester hosiery industry, supplying knitted garments for many parts of the world. Seeing a pile of pullovers, tee-shirts or socks I'd made on my machine and knowing that somebody, somewhere, would soon be wearing them gave me a degree of job satisfaction that was far greater than anything I derived teaching foreign languages to kids who were there under sufferance, totally uncooperative and who (I'm sure) have since forgotten what little bit they learnt.

The latter job was also in the public sector and thus financed by the taxpayer. Even though I paid some taxes back I was a net taker, whereas when working in the private sector my taxes actually added to the wealth of the nation. If this rich Arab bloke is paying you for your labour then he is paying your government about 1/3rd of this amount, which represents a net gain for your country. Also, he must value the quality of your workmanship or he'd go elsewhere and another place would get his money, so you should take great pride from this

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 01:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybren View Post
    Basically, do you feel you add something of true worth to society by means of your work?
    Sometimes. Working in construction, mainly on roofs, my work mostly entails keeping people's heads dry, which is a good thought to keep in mind when I'm struggling on top of some building in pouring rain, howling wind or bone-aching cold for a lousy pay-check. I couldn't really care less about the money, as long as I know I'm doing my community a service and have enough resources to support myself and those around me.

Still, there are certain times when I feel I'm being counter-productive in regards to what I feel is best for my community. Working on building sites that are replacing old farmland in my childhood area, contributing to the urbanization of the countryside. Laying roofs that are designed to look like absolute sh**, contributing to aesthetical degeneration of society. And so on...

I am also told to nevermind the work and its outcome, as long as I get the money, but that has never been much motivation for me. I am also a bit concerned about the implications of my assumed role as an obedient, tax-paying 'worker-ant' has for the wider perspective of things. As of now, I'm only doing the status quo a great service, contributing to the continuance of the present state of society, for which I have little in favor.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 05:13 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Canadian
    Ancestry
    Friesland, Norway, Denmark
    Subrace
    Trųnder
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Carpenter/ Craftsman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I do carpentry and traditional timber-framing & log-home building. Getting experience in a skilled trade and craft is very useful.

(a pic of the latest project completed back in June)

Most of the custom summer homes our company builds are obscenely large and excessive....it truly is crazy to witness how many millions of $$$ some wealthy materialistic men and women will pour into a home they only use several days a year....

I don't know if this sort of work advances the nation...but I work hard and enjoy the challenge.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 12:14 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Grandparrents Faroese, now live in germany
    Ancestry
    My grandparrents on mother side where faroese, my father was born in munich,
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Baden-Wuerttemberg Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Heilerziehuingspfleger
    Politics
    no party affiliation
    Religion
    germanic heathen norse
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well, i work with the mentally disabled, so i definitely support our society, and i am really proud about my work !
    There won't be humans in 500 years. Enough people choke themselves when they jerk off we gave it a name. We ain't a species made to last.

Judging by it“s name common sense must once have been a pretty common thing. When and why did that change, so it became the rare treasure it is today???

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Frisian, Saxon
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Politics
    Frisian nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwinson View Post
    Well, Sybren, at least you work as a producer and there is something tangible to show for your hard work - regardless of the beneficiary!
    That is true. Producing something is important to me.

I can relate to your story about getting satisfaction from what in this society is considered as a 'low' job. I've had such jobs as well, and they sometimes gave me a better feeling of spending my time on, than jobs that require more skill and are looked upon with more respect, but in which you produce nothing of true value.

Present society (at least here in NL) in my opinion also has too many educations and jobs which are built up around the idea of 'what can this job offer me' and 'how can this education help me get...' They speak for todays individualism. As a result, many people i know who have had these kind of educations now don't have a job, or are employed in a totally different area (like myself). Reality learns you that for a secure job future, you need to get into a business where you supply something which people want/demand. This is NOT what they teach you at school, where they tell you to do something at which you can develop yourself in. The next moment you're highly educated in something that isn't needed and so you're without a job. I see it happening everywhere, and they still wonder why so many people cannot find a job. Still, every year a truckload of unneeded students gets added to the unemployed.

As a society, we have forgotten that it feels good to work for the nation/folk/group/etc. instead of just for yourself. In my opinion, this is fundamental in becoming strong again, as nations. To get back the sense of social cohesion. People need to feel useful, otherwise they go search for satisfaction in other (often materialistic) areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    I am also a bit concerned about the implications of my assumed role as an obedient, tax-paying 'worker-ant' has for the wider perspective of things. As of now, I'm only doing the status quo a great service, contributing to the continuance of the present state of society, for which I have little in favor.
    I am concerned about this as well, but in a way the analogy of the 'worker-ant' doesn't have to be all negative. 'Worker-ants' are a great example of anti-individualism, in where the greater goal is more important than them individually having a hard working life. Of course, the continuance of the present state of society is not really my goal
    Būter, brea en griene tsiis
    Wa't dat net sizze kin is gjin oprjochte Fries!

Pining for a Mythical Past
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, May 16th, 2016 @ 03:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Welsh, Scottish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Nationalism, Pro Brexit
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If I imagine all my tax whilst I have a job is going towards the welfare state and NHS maybe a bit.

I guess some of my work may have helped businesses a little to...but to be honest I haven't clocked up much time in work yet.

But on the negative side working makes you another cog keeping the system running that is damaging the nation to.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 21st, 2012 @ 06:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Ostpreußen & Hamburg
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    East Prussia East Prussia
    Occupation
    Sozialpädagogin B.A.
    Politics
    Das Herz am rechten Fleck
    Religion
    Hoffnung
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I decided to work in the social sector because it is flooded with left-wingers, marxists and immigrant-loving scoundrels. Hence I try to make a difference on a small level. The social sector has a key position when it comes to the future of our people and children. We can't allow or accept that they are impregnated, shaped and reared by people with malicious ideologies and by people who hate what we love. They are reeducating the childrehn of our nations as we speak.

The social sector is undervalued. Not the economy, not the politics and not the industry alone create the future of our nations. Future depends on what's growing up in the cradle and how they think and act later.

I'd wish that more patriot and proud Germanic people work in the social sector and do their part in teaching our children what life, culture and nation is all about.
    Die Wahrheit ist vorhanden für den Weisen, die Schönheit nur für ein fühlendes Herz.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 @ 02:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    No because quite simply my tax money is going on programs aimed at killing off my people, instigated by the bureaucratic traitors from within. It perpetuates itself. It also punishes industriousness, more and harder you work and earn more they tax you. I've been better off on the dole or working minimum hours with tax credits than working some jobs. (and yes I understand arguments for roads and hospitals etc but it's all interlinked)

The common arguments from the left and from neo-cons on the right is 'oh but they pay taxes therefore it's desirable.' of which I believe this is an extension of. Reduction to material worth.

So no you cannot fully support your country via your job in the current state of things. If anything try and pay as little in as possible.

Last Online
    Saturday, December 14th, 2019 @ 02:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Aus Süddeutschland und Österreich
    Subrace
    Nordoalpine
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Politics
    Patriotisch; Anti-Islam
    Religion
    Heidentum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybren View Post
    Let's see...I think the opposite: With my part-time work I support a government that acts against the people's needs and fills the country with malevolent, vile hordes. With my TV licence fees I fund a media complex that fights against any consernative-, patriotic- and nationalist values and openly denounces patriotic parties and voices. With my taxes I add money to a socio-economic framework that blows money into the butts of immigrants & Muslims who want to defeat and conquer us, and to do-gooders who hate their own nation and ethnicity with a passion.

Some patriots in FB groups and political blogs share the view that patriots should stop working and shall live at governmental social expense as a form of civil resistance. By doing so they wouldn't support a treacherous government with their work and direct taxes.

I'm not sure if that's a good idea as the social system is funded by the taxpayers, and that are the common people and compatriots who are often as much pissed off as us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast