Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: What Australians are in here?

Quote Originally Posted by prussian25_au
    It seems we have the oppossite path of relocation, I moved to Sydney from Central Queensland a few years back. But yes brisbane is a nice place I hope your liking it there.

I hated the place when I first moved here. Missed my mates, devasted by the Qld heat, and generally felt that I didn't belong....Now I am used to the place & probably would never go back to Sydney. Sydney is far too polluted & populated...though Qld will catch up..
    I still have visits from my old buddies, but I am enjoying the peace. I am actually doing more creative things now..instead of just getting side-tracked...drunk in the city with other drunks..he he

Last Online
    Thursday, July 14th, 2005 @ 01:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid+East Baltic
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Politics
    Progressive Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: What Australians are in here?

Quote Originally Posted by Skadi Ju87
    I hated the place when I first moved here. Missed my mates, devasted by the Qld heat, and generally felt that I didn't belong....Now I am used to the place & probably would never go back to Sydney. Sydney is far too polluted & populated...though Qld will catch up..
    I still have visits from my old buddies, but I am enjoying the peace. I am actually doing more creative things now..instead of just getting side-tracked...drunk in the city with other drunks..he he
    Yeah I had the same problem when I moved down here, everything was unusual for me but I soon adjusted though I don't think I will stay here forever. I remember the first night I slept here I froze like hell and it was late spring I was used to high 30's temperatures and I honestly do miss the tropical lifestyle, all year round summers are good.

Glad to hear things are going well for you in Brisbane
    "Let your love towards life, be love towards your highest hope:
    and let your highest hope be the highest idea of life."
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche~

Last Online
    Sunday, March 31st, 2019 @ 12:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    Lover of all
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am also originally from Sydney though i moved to rural South Australia at a reasonably young age, and as mentioned previously i now reside in Adelaide. I still have mates and some family in New South Wales and in particular the Sydney basin area, though i do find it depressing to see the way the eastern seaboard is heading (it really is spot the aussie over there). It's great to see some Aussie remnants are left out east and great to see u on skadi.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 14th, 2005 @ 01:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid+East Baltic
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Politics
    Progressive Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by nordic_au
    I am also originally from Sydney though i moved to rural South Australia at a reasonably young age, and as mentioned previously i now reside in Adelaide. I still have mates and some family in New South Wales and in particular the Sydney basin area, though i do find it depressing to see the way the eastern seaboard is heading (it really is spot the aussie over there). It's great to see some Aussie remnants are left out east and great to see u on skadi.
    Though originally from Queensland myself I have heard many accounts from people who lived in Sydney their whole lives that back 20-30 years ago it was still a great place to live but of course as in most big cities the prior existence faded long ago, I don't think the eastern sea board overall is spot the australian (of european heritage) really it is a case of reflective of big urbanised areas in particular, Sydney and Melbourne being a prime example of this though Perth's demographics are changing quickly as well, the big cities for example are hit hard simply due to the fact that the majority of third world immigrants come from backgrounds of living in highly populated urbanised centres so naturally upon arrival they flock to the big cities.

But yes it is becoming spot the aussie in the larger cities but in the more small regional communites with populations of under 100,000 or so it still is very much australian at heart. Really the changing demographics of this country is due to the increase of immigrants into the major cities on occassions you may see a family or two in smaller communities but the core concerntration of the third world base is in the cities and of course ruining them in the long term.
    "Let your love towards life, be love towards your highest hope:
    and let your highest hope be the highest idea of life."
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche~

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 12:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

I wonder what Australians feel like as opposed to being Canadian or American. That must be even tougher for me to figure out in understanding Kiwis' feelings and self esteem.

Last Online
    Wednesday, November 9th, 2005 @ 08:16 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Student
    Politics
    Liberal-Democratic
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im Australian!

Western Aussie all the way.

Last Online
    Friday, April 21st, 2006 @ 01:41 AM
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm in sydney nothern beaches

Last Online
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 @ 08:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Guerilla Philosopher
    Politics
    Aristotelian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ullr
    I wonder what Australians feel like as opposed to being Canadian or American. That must be even tougher for me to figure out in understanding Kiwis' feelings and self esteem.
    Ok. A few core elements of Australian (i.e. Anglo-Celt) identity are: us being colonials, many descendents of convicts (such as myself ), but still having an affinity for the British Empire, the Eureka stockade (tax riots turned into a massacre against colonial authorities), the first world war (particularly the ANZAC's in Gallipoli, something we take great pride in - the ANZAC spirit is something spoken of rather frequently, some reduce it to 'mateship', but in WW1, particularly the Gallipoli campaign, it was born of the desire never to back down in front of your comrades for fear of being less than a man), the yellow peril idea (still rather well known, strongly reinforced because of the Pacific campaign against Japan - the yellow peril attitude is something the politically correct try and water down via multiculturalism), our general kinship with other Anglo-Saxon nations, such as America, Canada and New Zealand (world war one and two, particularly - our strong relationship with America began with the arrival of the Great White Fleet shortly after Federation, especially in relation to our suspicion of the Japanese after they beat the Russians up in the Russo-Japanese war), our constant 'giving shit' to New Zealanders for their supposed affinity to sheep (on a side note, NZ does not have a constitution because it was going to be incorporated into Australia at Federation in 1901 - just about everyone I know thinks NZ should be annexed), our sense of social justice (a 'fair go', something politicans like to exploit, and frequently get away with), strong work ethic, our strong affinity for alcohol, particularly beer

I'm not sure what else to say. If you can try and put yourself in a position where all of those factors impact your outlook on life, you're pretty close to understanding what it's like to be an Australian.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.

Last Online
    Thursday, December 22nd, 2005 @ 08:23 AM
    Country
    Other Other
    Belief in God - independent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Australian - originally from rural NSW, lived in Sydney over 20 years, lived in Adelaide at one time as well, currently living in Japan past 3 years.

Cúchulainn

I'm an Australian, from Brisbane.

I agree with one of the above comments, that New Zealand was supposed to be part of Federation and should be annexed. There's just no need to have two states representing one Nation in such a close vicinity. And if we are to be true to our constitution, we should make an issue of New Zealand's supposed independence.

Anyway, I'm born and raised in Brisbane. Most of my ancestors were Irish or Scottish, though I probably do have some Anglo-Saxon blood somewhere, way back. I don't know of any of my ancestors who were convicts, if indeed any of them were.

I used to be a member of the ALP, until I decided social democracy was stupid, that the modern ALP is a traitor to its original cause (Eureka, Immigration Restriction Act 1901, etc.) and that I would be better off founding my own party along nationalist principles, some day...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast