England England
    reality
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Circumcision Ban is the 'Worst Attack on Jews Since Holocaust"

Paterson Berlin Friday 13 July 2012

European Jewish leaders furiously condemned a German court's ruling outlawing circumcision as the "worst attack on Jews since the Holocaust" yesterday and demanded that Chancellor Angela Merkel's government intervene to protect the practice as a religious rite.

The damning remarks came amid growing European Jewish and Muslim outrage over a ruling by a Cologne court last month declaring that the circumcision of young boys could be considered a criminal offence because it caused bodily harm and infringed a child's right to integrity.

Yesterday, Moscow's Chief Rabbi Pinchas Goldschmidt, the president of the Conference of European Rabbis who made the Holocaust comments, added: "I see no future for Jews in Germany if the ruling is upheld".

Opinion polls conducted after the ruling found that a majority of Germans approved of the court's decision. Rabbi Goldschmidt said the poll's findings were "shocking". He said the court's ruling suggested that Muslims and Jews were no longer socially acceptable in Europe.

His remarks followed a strongly worded statement from European Jewish and Muslim community leaders, which underlined that circumcision was fundamental to both faiths, and demanded that the German government intervene to grant the practice legal protection.

They described the Cologne court decision as: "an affront to our basic religious and human rights."

The statement was signed, among others, by the heads of the European Jewish Parliament, the Rabbinical Centre of Europe, the European Jewish Association, Germany's Islamic Union for religious Affairs and the Islamic Centre in Brussels. Leaders from both faiths also met members of the German and European parliaments to voice their anger at the court's decision and demand that clear legal protection of the rite be established.

Chancellor Merkel's government has so far avoided taking sides in the deepening debate in Germany.

However, the latest European Jewish and Muslim initiative will have dramatically increased the pressure on her coalition to take some action.

Germany's Green Party was among the first to respond yesterday. Renate Künast, the party's parliamentary leader said the Greens wanted to give Muslims and Jews legal security with new laws guaranteeing the right to circumcision on religious grounds. "We want to find a way which does not punish circumcision," she said.

In the wake of the Cologne court ruling Germany's Medical Association advised doctors to stop performing the operation because they could face legal consequences. The court's decision also prompted two Berlin hospitals to call a temporary halt to the procedure.

However, another influential doctor's organisation, the Hartmannbund said it fully supported Jewish and Muslim objections to the court's ruling. "Turning a hitherto generally accepted religious practice into a criminal offence amounts to one of the biggest forms of discrimination imaginable", said Bernd Lücke, a spokesman.

The Cologne ruling centred on the case of a four-year-old Muslim boy who was circumcised in one of the city's clinics in November 2010 on the express wishes of his parents.

Two days after the operation, the child's mother took the boy to the accident and emergency unit at Cologne University hospital because he was suffering from severe bleeding. State prosecutors subsequently charged the doctor who performed the operation.

A lower court found that the doctor had carried out the operation properly and ruled that the child's circumcision was in his interests as it signified his membership of the Muslim community. However the prosecution appealed to a higher Cologne court which overruled the lower court's verdict.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-7939593.html

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 04:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    reality
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Opinion polls conducted after the ruling found that a majority of Germans approved of the court's decision. Rabbi Goldschmidt said the poll's findings were "shocking". He said the court's ruling suggested that Muslims and Jews were no longer socially acceptable in Europe.
    Have Jews not got their own country where they can mutilate their children's private parts?

Europeans find child mutilation offensive and an affront to a person's rights, cutting up kid's bodies without their free adult consent.

Should we let prehistoric Middle Eastern religious sects cut off kids fingers? I would imagine that most men would rather lose a finger than their foreskin.

Why cant they just splash the kid with a drop of water?

Last Online
    5 Minutes Ago @ 03:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,363 Posts
    "I see no future for Jews in Germany if the ruling is upheld".
    So, progress at last

But seriously, what a load of hysterical tripe and comparisons to the Holocaust™ (mention of which is almost obligatory these days) are just too daft for words!!!

Muslims and Jews were no longer socially acceptable in Europe.
    Yes, I'd go along with that but primitive and barbaric desert rituals are DEFINITELY unacceptable

Last Online
    Monday, August 26th, 2019 @ 08:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Germania Magna View Post
    Should we let prehistoric Middle Eastern religious sects cut off kids fingers? I would imagine that most men would rather lose a finger than their foreskin.
    Yes. If it makes them different and prevents them from assimilating. However, if this ban were to actually drive them out I would instantly be in favour of a all-European ban.

Pining for a Mythical Past
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, May 16th, 2016 @ 02:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Welsh, Scottish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Nationalism, Pro Brexit
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    They've had it easy since the Holocaust then.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,363 Posts
    Actually, I had mine 'done' about 10 years ago (for medical reasons) and it was damned painful for weeks!!!

I can't imagine what it would be like for a baby, but this is a perfect case of religion overriding human rights with these fanatical nut-jobs realising how few consenting adults (in their right mind!) would actually have the op.

It's interesting though exactly how much the Jews and Muslims have in common There's the Halal/Kosher issue and now there's circumcision, both of which are totally against European principles, but it seems like whether it's animals or humans we're dealing with, these b*st*ds have absolutely no sensitivity to suffering!!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, August 15th, 2019 @ 02:11 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Subrace
    Faelid + Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-M405
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Property management
    Politics
    Germanic Preservation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Merkel to allow circumcision in Germany despite ban

The German Chancellor’s spokesman says the Jewish and Muslim communities will be free to carry out the rite of circumcision despite an earlier court ban, which sparked outrage and concern for religious freedom in the country.

"For everyone in the government it is absolutely clear that we want to have Jewish and Muslim religious life in Germany," Merkel's spokesman Steffen Seibert told journalists. "Circumcision carried out in a responsible manner must be possible in this country without punishment."

"It is well known that in the Jewish religion early circumcision carries great meaning, so it is a matter of urgency that this right be restored," Seibert said, adding that Merkel's own office would be involved in efforts to resolve the problem.

"We know a quick decision is needed and that this cannot be put off. Freedom of religious practice is a very important legal right for us," he added.

Earlier, rabbinical bodies in Europe and the United States expressed their outrage at the ban on circumcision, which many believe is one of the foundations of their faith.

"We urge the Jewish community in Germany and circumcisers to continue to perform circumcisions and not to wait for a change in the law," said Rabbi Pinchas Goldschmidt, president of the Conference of European Rabbis.

In an unusual show of unity, the protests were held with the backing of Muslim and Christian leaders, as well as the support of many German politicians.

The controversial Cologne court ruling came after police were alerted by a doctor who treated a Muslim boy for bleeding after he underwent circumcision. The court said circumcision "for the purpose of religious upbringing constitutes a violation of physical integrity."
    -1 (8 votes)

http://www.rt.com/news/merkel-allows...spite-ban-147/

Global Similarity: Northern Europeans

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 @ 01:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Since when can she overrule it? What powers does she have?

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 05:45 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland, Norway, England, Germany
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Historian
    Politics
    Agrarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I think this is kind of funny because in the US circumcision is a sign of social status with more blacks and lower class whites tending to not get it where as more in the middle and upper classes do in addition to the Jews and Muslims. I think to do it to a child is cruel...but to a baby it is really no big deal (mine were fine in no time). Would I do it as an adult...heck no...Am I glad my parents did it for me as a newborn...heck yeah. One thing I herd from some of the ladies I have known when traveling in Europe is that I last longer (but that could be just because I am just that awsome)...Honestly though I don't think it is a big deal either way...lets find some other way to get the non germanics out of Europe...
    Last edited by Ægir; Saturday, July 14th, 2012 at 12:11 AM. Reason: spelling
    For the Ancestors who came before us, the Generations that flow form us, for the Blood that is in our veins.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,363 Posts
    Since when can she overrule it? What powers does she have?
    Those granted to her by her Jewish paymasters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast