Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Question About Sami People

  1. #11
    Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Hersir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Hålųyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Location
    Norway
    Gender
    Age
    32
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Posts
    5,934
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    664
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    513
    Thanked in
    235 Posts
    The Samis are considered as indigenous because they were a minority when the state was formed. Today most samis live in the Norwegian capitol, Oslo.

    The ancestors of the Norwegian people can be traced 11 000 years back in our lands.
    Some of our ancestors. We've always had immigration.

  2. #12
    Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Wulfaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    4 Hours Ago @ 03:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Gender
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    40
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    50
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    I red that the Saamis (the Lapps) got own contemporary finno-ugric language in the first millenium in nowadays Finnland and Russia. Probably they hunted the yaks in Siberia when the first Germanic individuals arrived in Scandinavia. Well, some Saami one quite look like a Native American, moreover anothers look like a siberian. However some of them surely mixed in the local indigenous Finnic people what described the Romans as Fenni. Probably that is the reason why some Saami has light hair and eyes or Europid traits.

  3. #13
    Aka Bazlekar Dvergr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 03:51 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    New England
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Nature
    Posts
    215
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liemannen View Post

    The oldest archaeological finds of Sami culture are about 2000 years old.

    In other words, the whole of Scandinavia was inhabited long before the Laps entered the scene.
    No, the oldest archaeological finds of the Sami are from appx. 8100BC.

    http://www.hs.fi/english/article/Unc.../1135218761063

    "The peoples from the southern shores of Lake Ääninen and around Lake Ladoga reached the River Utsjoki [in Northern Finnish Lapland and forming part of the modern border with Norway] already around 8100 BC.
    Excavations at a Mesolithic settlement at Vetsjärvi revealed flint objects that represent the style and shape of similar findings in the upper reaches of the Volga River."

    They aren't even sure exactly who the Sami are genealogically. Yes, Segebro might have been inhabited around 9,000BC but by who ? I didn't see any decent references about who inhabited the area. The Sami are possibly a mix of Europeans and Asians. To be honest the most likely scenario is that Asians migrated from modern day Russia into Scandinavia at the same time the Hamburg culture was moving north. As to who ended up there first, most likely they both followed Glacial Recession from different directions and ended up there at the same time. If you really care about who was a hundred years prior then that is kind of ridiculous. Even if the Sami are derived from a culture that ultimately beat the modern day Scandinavians there when there was Glacial Recession, who cares ? You don't hear us Americans talking about how we first inhabited North America, because we didn't and we don't care about that because we are happy with the early New England culture we created and how we spread from there. The Norse didn't first inhabit Greenland either, just that specific territory. Stop thinking about things from the Glacial Recession in terms of modern day country borders and terms to relate the countries based on general cultural heritage and language. 9,000 years ago a bunch of nomadic hunter-gatherers walked around, didn't care where they were as long as they had food, and were born and dead without a trace. It's really hard to find evidence of anything prior to any permanent settlements and farming cultures.

    Just to be clear I'm not arguing that the Scandinavian culture was not the first main wide spread culture in Scandinavia, and I don't see why the Sami should get any special treatment. My point is that it's completely irrelevant in terms of who settled there first 9,000 years ago.
    Til įrs ok frišar

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    Thursday, February 14th, 2019 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Gender
    Posts
    57
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvergr View Post
    No, the oldest archaeological finds of the Sami are from appx. 8100BC.

    http://www.hs.fi/english/article/Unc.../1135218761063

    "The peoples from the southern shores of Lake Ääninen and around Lake Ladoga reached the River Utsjoki [in Northern Finnish Lapland and forming part of the modern border with Norway] already around 8100 BC.
    Excavations at a Mesolithic settlement at Vetsjärvi revealed flint objects that represent the style and shape of similar findings in the upper reaches of the Volga River."

    They aren't even sure exactly who the Sami are genealogically. Yes, Segebro might have been inhabited around 9,000BC but by who ? I didn't see any decent references about who inhabited the area. The Sami are possibly a mix of Europeans and Asians. To be honest the most likely scenario is that Asians migrated from modern day Russia into Scandinavia at the same time the Hamburg culture was moving north. As to who ended up there first, most likely they both followed Glacial Recession from different directions and ended up there at the same time. If you really care about who was a hundred years prior then that is kind of ridiculous. Even if the Sami are derived from a culture that ultimately beat the modern day Scandinavians there when there was Glacial Recession, who cares ? You don't hear us Americans talking about how we first inhabited North America, because we didn't and we don't care about that because we are happy with the early New England culture we created and how we spread from there. The Norse didn't first inhabit Greenland either, just that specific territory. Stop thinking about things from the Glacial Recession in terms of modern day country borders and terms to relate the countries based on general cultural heritage and language. 9,000 years ago a bunch of nomadic hunter-gatherers walked around, didn't care where they were as long as they had food, and were born and dead without a trace. It's really hard to find evidence of anything prior to any permanent settlements and farming cultures.

    Just to be clear I'm not arguing that the Scandinavian culture was not the first main wide spread culture in Scandinavia, and I don't see why the Sami should get any special treatment. My point is that it's completely irrelevant in terms of who settled there first 9,000 years ago.
    The Sami weren't first to set foot in Sweden or Norway at least, and it does matter. You have no idea how our media treats us today. They are comparing us to immigrants. It's not like the US, we can't tolerate this "melting pot" bullshit because there's no basis for that in a country where we are the indigenous. In other words, there's an indigenous people to preserve.

  5. #15
    Aka Bazlekar Dvergr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 03:51 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    New England
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Nature
    Posts
    215
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Järnsida View Post
    The Sami weren't first to set foot in Sweden or Norway at least, and it does matter. You have no idea how our media treats us today. They are comparing us to immigrants. It's not like the US, we can't tolerate this "melting pot" bullshit because there's no basis for that in a country where we are the indigenous. In other words, there's an indigenous people to preserve.
    I don't see sufficient evidence for either case, if you can provide it please do. It seems to me that different areas were settled by different tribes, one of them being a modern day Sami precursor and another being early Germanic tribes. I'm not arguing you shouldn't keep your land and traditions you now have for yourself and be proud of what you have built, however I find it unlikely the Sami people are an actual threat to you and your culture. If special privileges of other races are a threat to your culture then your Government is your biggest threat for allowing it. Start blaming your Government because minorities aren't getting spoon fed their breakfast, lunch and citizenship by the average day citizens.
    Til įrs ok frišar

  6. #16
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Žoreišar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    2 Minutes Ago @ 08:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Posts
    1,988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    981
    Thanked in
    464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvergr View Post
    Your biggest threat cannot be the Sami, it's the rest of the non-Germanic world and your own government, am I correct ? When have the Sami people actually been a threat to Scandinavian culture ?
    Indeed. The Saamis and their presence here is not any threat to our existance. It is the cultural marxists and multiculturalists who continue to propegate the notion of Scandinavians being 'just another immigrant group' to our lands, and therefore have no right to object to other immigrant groups (mainly being third worlders) arriving in our lands. A notion that is based (at least superficially) on the presumption of the forefathers of Scandinavians not being the first to inhabit our lands.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

  7. #17
    Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Wulfaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    4 Hours Ago @ 03:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Gender
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    40
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    50
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    The main problem with all of these archeological, linguistic matters that these are just theories. The bones and stones cannot speak and the languages have changed under the centuries without any written sources. The genetic studies are an other moorland of the prehistory as f.e. some tropical African negro or many Native American have "european" Y HG, moreover the humanbiologist invent newer and newr methods, thus the problem just will become more complex. However the most of people are incapable to spot an individual with Mongolid face, a 70 years old retired railwayman too. The globalist sicentist just play with own theories to cover the facts that the Saamis don't look like Europeans but they would quite fit in some place of Siberia. The globalists' goal is so similar in any country: breed the local most foreign minority to undermine the ethnic found of the states and regions. In some countries they must import minority, in other places they can to breed the local ones. I am just expecting the first Lapp Obama of Sweden.

    In other hand I am quite sure that the Saamis carry ancient european cultural heritage as they have european admixture. Probably the ancestors of the Germanics sat in front of a leader tent in leader clothes too and they ate mammoth or reindeer meat. In these way the persians or the hindu ones have european heritage as the orogin own language, some myths and the light eyes of someone. However both they mixed with foreign people.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    Thursday, February 14th, 2019 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Gender
    Posts
    57
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvergr View Post
    I don't see sufficient evidence for either case, if you can provide it please do. It seems to me that different areas were settled by different tribes, one of them being a modern day Sami precursor and another being early Germanic tribes. I'm not arguing you shouldn't keep your land and traditions you now have for yourself and be proud of what you have built, however I find it unlikely the Sami people are an actual threat to you and your culture. If special privileges of other races are a threat to your culture then your Government is your biggest threat for allowing it.
    There is evidence all right. Ken Nordtvedt, Montana State University, claims that the Y-DNA haplogroup I-M253 evolved in southern Scandinavia 7000 years ago! This haplogroup is most common among today's Scandinavians. Yes, the northern parts "belong" to the Sami, but the middle and southern parts are no ones but the Scandinavians. No, the Samis have never been a threat to any Scandinavians, the only threat is the government and the media using the Sami as a tool to justify mass immigration (100,000 a year from Somalia alone!!!) from primarily Somalia and Syria as of now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfaz View Post
    I am just expecting the first Lapp Obama of Sweden.

    In other hand I am quite sure that the Saamis carry ancient european cultural heritage as they have european admixture. Probably the ancestors of the Germanics sat in front of a leader tent in leader clothes too and they ate mammoth or reindeer meat. In these way the persians or the hindu ones have european heritage as the orogin own language, some myths and the light eyes of someone. However both they mixed with foreign people.
    No, that won't happen. We've never had any Sami politicians outside of their own council as far as I know. On the other hand there's a chance of a Somali Obama, but it likely won't happen because of the Somalis' predispositions...

    I don't think it's likely there was any contact in prehistoric times, but there are accounts claiming a few Swedish Viking kings claimed Sami wives.

  9. #19
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Gender
    Posts
    135
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Aren't the Lapps just ancient Europeans, sort of Northern Europe's equivalent of the Basque? Their ancestral land is Northern Scandinavia but hardly the entire peninsula. I'm fairly sure the claims of East Eurasian affiliations are based on the bad anthropology of late 19th century race scientists. I think it was Coon who said that their features were more an evolutionary requirement in the face of extreme climates. But they're just a small group anyhow, like the Basque, and they really just want to keep to themselves.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Todesritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Last Online
    Friday, August 3rd, 2012 @ 11:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    celto-germanic
    Gender
    Posts
    803
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustaaf View Post
    Aren't the Lapps just ancient Europeans, sort of Northern Europe's equivalent of the Basque? Their ancestral land is Northern Scandinavia but hardly the entire peninsula. I'm fairly sure the claims of East Eurasian affiliations are based on the bad anthropology of late 19th century race scientists. I think it was Coon who said that their features were more an evolutionary requirement in the face of extreme climates. But they're just a small group anyhow, like the Basque, and they really just want to keep to themselves.
    There has been some debate more recently about the classic notion that the Finno-Ugric people's origins are the Urals or eastward. There are now theories with some debatable evidence that while in early historic times the Finno-Ugric people's recorded migrations were indeed east to west, that this may constitue a "backwash", where the Finno-Ugric's ancestors in prehistoric times existed around the norther Baltic periphery and perhaps further south in prehistoric times, and that their original purer ancestors were the aboriginal Pre-Indo-European inhabitants, indeed analogus to the Basques or Etruscans in Southern Europe.

    The mongoloid elements then in the modern western Finno-Ugric populations would be the the result of ancient mixing in the Urals during after their population had spread eastward, then the mixed decendents in historic times returning to the western Urheimat mongrelizing it, similar dark ages era results to say in modern times if Europe were to otherwise have a eugenic no-immigration policy, but allow anyone with *any* Europid ancestry to "return" to Europe and intermarry.
    Imagine if the Spanish conquest had happened in pre-literate times, and 10 generations in, half the Mexican mongrelized population "returned" to Spain. In the absence of records, in such a situation an ethnographer might well reasonably conclude from the current population that the Spanish had always been part Amerinid/Mongoloid, though he'd be wrong.

    Some have taken this theory further into linguistics, the idea that the Finno-Ugrics or Proto-Finno-Ugrics rather, were the Pre-Indo-European population of the north, and further, with the evidence that the Germanic languages show that Proto-Germanic was the result of a fusion with a non Indo-European language, the speculation is that it may well have been a Finnic people who fused with a norther branch of the Indo-European invaders resulting in the genisis of Proto-Germanic.




    Anyway, I don't know how serious to take these new developments & debates, but I suppose I'd advise against taking the classic racial ideas about the history of the Saami and related ethnic groups as gospel either. ...and I'd certainly avoid loading frustration more properly directed at our own politicians onto the Saami.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Sami People
    By ulfrik in forum Germanic Diaspora, Enclaves, & Influences
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Friday, April 8th, 2016, 04:18 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Wednesday, January 6th, 2010, 03:21 AM
  3. What Ethnic Group Do the Sami People Belong To?
    By Athalwulf in forum Anthropogeny & Ethnogenesis
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Tuesday, October 14th, 2008, 01:19 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Wednesday, November 1st, 2006, 03:03 PM
  5. Racial Analysis of the Sįmi People
    By cosmocreator in forum Physical Anthropology
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: Tuesday, July 15th, 2003, 01:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •