Libertarian
    Religion
    Dark Energy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maria Sharapova

Did anyone see the women's finals of the French open tennis tournament last Saturday? It was Maria Sharapova(Russia) vs Elanni of Italy. Elanni is 5'4"(162cm). Sharapova is 6'3"(191cm), but looks even taller. At the start, they showed them both standing at the net facing each other. The cameraman shot at a low angle behind Eranni. The size difference was stunning. Sharapova looked like a giant standing across the net. I think she may be a descendant of the Rus. If she wore shoes that added a couple of inches(5cm), she would be approaching the 2 meter size of the Rus women. After seeing that I just raised my size estimate of the Rus men to 7'(213cm). They showed close ups of her face during the tournament. She is 25 now and has a more mature look. You can look at her face and see what these people looked like a 1000 years ago. It is like looking back in time.
    She isn't the only Russian womens tennis player over 6'(183cm) tall. There are several.
    A few months ago, I read that the Rus threatened Constantinople in the 11th century. They were not successful. This is the 1st time I have seen that the Rus tried to enter any conflict. The Goths tried to breach the walls 800 years earlier, during their famous sea raids. But they were also not successful.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Frisian, Saxon
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Politics
    Frisian nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I don't know much about the Rus, but were Scandinavians (which the Rus were essentially) taller in that time?

Because when i was in Norway the last couple of weeks, me and my mate were practically taller than every man (and woman ) there. Here in Frisia (and NL in general) every now and then i see a 'giant' of over 2 meters (6 feet 5 inches i believe) tall, in Norway practically never. That might be a coincidence though, but i expected taller people in general. Not that i feel superior of it, Norwegians have nice distinctive facial features. It was easy differentiating Norwegians from Danes (both are awesome peoples!)

Sharapova is too tall for my taste. I don't like it if a woman is bigger than me
    Bûter, brea en griene tsiis
    Wa't dat net sizze kin is gjin oprjochte Fries!

Last Online
    Sunday, July 29th, 2012 @ 04:18 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Subrace
    Homo sapians-sapians
    Country
    United States United States
    Single adult
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Dark Energy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Rus can be traced to the Uppland area of Sweden. I believe this is where the Goths came from too. There is a considerable amount of debate about this. There is a Swede on the History forum that says that it is quite common to see men and women over 6'(!83cm) there. With the Goths we are going back 2000 years. There is one defining description of the Goths by the Romans. That they were a head and a half taller than a Roman. That would put the men around 6'10"(208cm). I have been reading about the Goths and the Germanic tribes for 25 years and I see descriptions of them as being very tall or gigantic over and over and over again. You can even see the quote by Julius Ceasar on You-Tube right now where he says the Swabians are an extremely tall and heavily built people. Type in Barbarians against Rome. The Goths and the Rus were supermen. There were supermen walking on earth during their time.

With a simple change of direction the Goths could have displaced the Franks and drastically changed the course of world history.

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2012 @ 07:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybren View Post
    Sharapova is too tall for my taste. I don't like it if a woman is bigger than me
    Are you kidding me? That woman would bear me a MINIMUM of eight kids.

Aka TheDashingRogue GewaltigeAufgabe's Avatar
    Last Online
    Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 @ 05:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Germany/Norway/?
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybren View Post
    I don't know much about the Rus, but were Scandinavians (which the Rus were essentially) taller in that time?

Because when i was in Norway the last couple of weeks, me and my mate were practically taller than every man (and woman ) there. Here in Frisia (and NL in general) every now and then i see a 'giant' of over 2 meters (6 feet 5 inches i believe) tall, in Norway practically never. That might be a coincidence though, but i expected taller people in general. Not that i feel superior of it, Norwegians have nice distinctive facial features. It was easy differentiating Norwegians from Danes (both are awesome peoples!)

The Rus were Swedish. Norwegian vikings were the ones that are well-known in the Atlantic and British isles whilst Swedes went the other way, to the east, took control of slavic Russia, and got as far as Uzbekistan, perhaps even southern China on their trade/plunder routes.

The Swedes were mostly merchants though, and that is why they got so far. The farther they went the more profit they generated. And I don't know whether Swedes are tall or not, but they should be tall if the Rus in Russia were tall.
    Ich liebe das Vaterland!

Last Online
    Friday, September 2nd, 2016 @ 01:48 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Western Europe, Britain, Ireland
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Traditionalist, anti-capitalist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I didn't know she was 6 ft 2 I'm exactly 6 ft. She is still very beautiful though and her tallness wouldn't put me off. I wouldn't say no to having lots of tall children with her

Tennis is one of my favourite sports and I'll probably be watching Wimbledon, I don't have sports channels though so I can't watch the French Open.

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2012 @ 07:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Pretty sure its been proven that Vikings weren't really that tall. Being taller then Romans doesnt really make you that tall. The Romans were pretty short.

I doubt that nutrition was that great for most of the population of the world to grow so big.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, June 16th, 2012 @ 04:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Germany, England
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    She's ethnically Belorusian and she seem's to be heavily baltic. This could have come from Swede's but it could also be the same component we see in lithuanian's and other baltic's proper. The height I can't comment on, but in term's of facial characteristic's she's not that rare for where her ancestry is from. I've heard that Belorusian's have a higher baltic genetic component and a smaller siberian component than russian's do, so this is why they are more likely to look like Sharapova.

Last Online
    Thursday, October 4th, 2018 @ 06:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Alemannisch
    Subrace
    Schwäbisch
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Baden-Wuerttemberg Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Single adult
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    It takes more than genetics to be tall. The average height has increased drastically in America and Europe over the last 100 years due to environmental factors. In the 19th century the average German military recruit was 1.64m tall. Today the average man in his twenties is 1.81m in Germany, despite the immigrants. That is a big increase.
    Apfelstrudel mit Vanillesoße, yeah I said it, what are you gonna do?

Last Online
    Sunday, July 29th, 2012 @ 04:18 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Subrace
    Homo sapians-sapians
    Country
    Single adult
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Dark Energy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Valentina

Quote Originally Posted by Altrogothic View Post
    She's ethnically Belorusian and she seem's to be heavily baltic. This could have come from Swede's but it could also be the same component we see in lithuanian's and other baltic's proper. The height I can't comment on, but in term's of facial characteristic's she's not that rare for where her ancestry is from. I've heard that Belorusian's have a higher baltic genetic component and a smaller siberian component than russian's do, so this is why they are more likely to look like Sharapova.
    Have to disagree 100% with this. If Sharapova was from Belarus, they would have listed her from there instead of Russia. The pic I uploaded is of Valentina. She is from Belarus. She is 32 and never married and can't find a husband in Belarus. She saw me on a dating site and sent me a message. She would turn heads walking down a street in Stockholm. She is obviously of Swedish descent. It is puzzling how she still has such Nordic characteristics. Since almost all of the Swedish migration for the past 4 or 5 hundred years has been west. This area is where the Vistula and Bug rivers are. This is where some of the Goths lived prior to the Huns attack around 376. Some of the Goths stayed in these villages and never followed the majority of Ostrogoths down into Italy.
    I was looking at books on the Goths at Amazon.com. There was a review by a man on one of the books. He said you can still see some Goth in the faces of the men in northern Spain. He also said you can see the blond beauty of Gothic women in the Renaissance paintings. That is amazing because the Renaissance period runs from the 14th century to the 17th century.
    There are thousands of Renaissance paintings for sale on the internet. I looked at about 100 and found 3 blond women. Amazingly one woman looked very similar to Valentina. Could Valentina be a descendent of the Goths?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast