Blues Bound For Germany

RANGERS have confirmed they will once again tour in Germany this summer with a three-game programme against local sides in Lower Saxony.

It will be the fifth time in six seasons the Light Blues will have warmed up for a campaign with friendly matches against sides there.

And for the third time since 2007, they will be based in the small village of Marienfeld, around 20 minutes away from Bielefeld.

Ally McCoist's men will kick off their trip with a match against 2. Bundesliga side Eintracht Braunschweig on Friday, 20 July.

The Lions play at the 25,540-capacity Eintracht Stadion and finished eighth in their league last term.

A second game against an as-yet unannounced opponent will take place on either July 22 or 23.

And the final fixture will be on Wednesday, 25 July against local team Armenia Bielefeld, formerly of the top flight but now in the third tier.

Rangers will fly home immediately after that game and further preparatory fixtures will be announced in due course.

The club also announced it will play in the Markus Liebherr Memorial Cup on July 14 against Southampton and Arsenal last week.

Yes, I'm "outing" myself as a Rangers fan here

I'd be tempted to go if I wasn't so far away, and more to the point, had enough money.