State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Post A Special Sub-Forum for Polak?

Honestly, we have a vast resource of genetics information in Polak. He knows the material cold and he can explain it to the rest of us. Before he gets away, why not give him a place where he can post the research he mentions all in one place and, just perhaps, he would concent to questions and answers about it. What do you think?

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Friday, January 8th, 2010 @ 08:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Post Re: A Special Sub-Forum for Polak?

Nothing against Polak personally, but I think it is unnecessary. I kind of like those sort of things myself, it adds personality. I remember (back in the old days) for a brief time Von Braun had his own self-obsessive subforum and we each took turns psychoanalysing him. I thought it was funny, but a bit confusing for new members and maybe projected the wrong 'image.' But I'm not high up enough in the Skadi foodchain to decide.

Polak would be a good moderator of the genetics forum, but that is an Administrative issue so it is not up to me. I'd stand behind his nomination, though. Failing that, there is already a genetics forum. Polak can post his info there and let a moderator know if he wants a thread to be a 'sticky.'

If a thread needs to be altered, an attachment removed, etc - I'm an insomniac & online a lot so you can send me a PM and I'll likely see it soon. I took a solemn vow to be helpful to fellow Skadi'ites.

Freethinker "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 25th, 2019 @ 04:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Reason, Freedom, Justice
    Religion
    Truth, Greatness, Beauty
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lg
    Nothing against Polak personally, but I think it is unnecessary. I kind of like those sort of things myself, it adds personality. I remember (back in the old days) for a brief time Von Braun had his own self-obsessive subforum and we each took turns psychoanalysing him. I thought it was funny, but a bit confusing for new members and maybe projected the wrong 'image.' But I'm not high up enough in the Skadi foodchain to decide.

Polak would be a good moderator of the genetics forum, but that is an Administrative issue so it is not up to me. I'd stand behind his nomination, though. Failing that, there is already a genetics forum. Polak can post his info there and let a moderator know if he wants a thread to be a 'sticky.'

If a thread needs to be altered, an attachment removed, etc - I'm an insomniac & online a lot so you can send me a PM and I'll likely see it soon. I took a solemn vow to be helpful to fellow Skadi'ites.
    We could create a hidden, private Polak fan forum on a group membership basis.

I actually thought once about creating an Ethnogenesis sub-forum in the Genesis section, which would probably seperate certain issues of interest much clearer from Palaeoanthropology. One could also create sub-forums in the Genetics section. But I'm not really sure what -- if anything -- would be needed. Thoughts?

Apart from this, Polak belongs definitely to our most mature, educated and valuable contributors, together with others, such as atlanto-med, Telperion, Euclides, Scoob, Dr. Solar Wolff, just to name a few that have been previously suggested as Skadi Forum moderators.

He has, however, never shown any interest in issues of Forum moderation -- nor have the other ones. I don't think that every valuable member needs (and wants to be) a forum moderator. Amongst the most recent additions have been Johannes de León and Zyklop both of whom have been very active in answering questions in the Help Forum and in general in assisting members with technical issues (for a long time before they have been made moderators), as well as SKADI who had repeatedly expressed an explicit interest.

Needless to say that if they would have the time and interest to moderate the Forum (and not only be on the Moderator list or to flirt in the Staff Forum), they would be welcome additions, once we consider to add new members to the Staff.
    Last edited by Thorburn; Thursday, July 15th, 2004 at 11:59 AM.
    This is a placeholder for a signature.

You are not wrong, who deem / That my days have been a dream Johannes de León's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 15th, 2012 @ 11:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Baskid
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Thorburn
    I actually thought once about creating an Ethnogenesis sub-forum in the Genesis section, which would probably seperate certain issues of interest much clearer from Palaeoanthropology. One could also create sub-forums in the Genetics section. But I'm not really sure what -- if anything -- would be needed. Thoughts?
    I am particularly interested in the Ethnogenesis sub-forum's content. About the Genetics Forum... Well, better ask Euclides

Freethinker "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 25th, 2019 @ 04:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Reason, Freedom, Justice
    Religion
    Truth, Greatness, Beauty
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes de León
    I am particularly interested in the Ethnogenesis sub-forum's content.
    Done. It takes really just a few minutes to add a sub-forum, as all permissions are inherited ... but you move the old threads that fit into it.
    This is a placeholder for a signature.

You are not wrong, who deem / That my days have been a dream Johannes de León's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 15th, 2012 @ 11:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Baskid
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Thorburn
    Done. It takes really just a few minutes to add a sub-forum, as all permissions are inherited ... but you move the old threads that fit into it.
    Erm.. ok... i shall start then.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 28th, 2007 @ 02:56 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/UP
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Apolitical
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What the???

I don't think we need a sub-forum for my rants....hehe. It's the quality that matters, not the quantity. If I had my own forum, I'd start talking too much **** just to fill the place. That would be a shame, I think.

Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I've heard that Polak is a Raelian!!!

( just trying to stir up some fan-based rumors )

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 06:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Polak
    What the???

I don't think we need a sub-forum for my rants....hehe. It's the quality that matters, not the quantity. If I had my own forum, I'd start talking too much **** just to fill the place. That would be a shame, I think.

Yes, Euclides, Awar and others have knowledge in this area but Polak is so good at explaining things. I don't know about "moderator", I am thinking more of letting Polak go, posting articles and comments he deems important (ranting) and letting the rest of as comment and ask questions. Maybe he has a method, because what I am really talking about is teaching, maybe this would all be random. Let Polak decide how to organize this if it is approved. This would be sort of Human Genetics 101 for me and maybe others.

Look, I love to talk bones and paleontology but the big breakthroughs in the field of human evolution will be made in this century using the code already in our bodies. This is the future.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 28th, 2007 @ 02:56 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/UP
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Apolitical
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I'm flattered, really I am.

The problem is that my participation on this forum will vary quite a bit over the next months.

I've had some time off lately, so it's been easy to come here and rant. But that won't be the case always.

I'll keep posting in the genetic, as well as other sections, as much as I can. And by all means, if anyone has any questions, or special requests, then let me know.

In regards to a moderator position, well, let's be honest, I'm too hot headed for that sort of stuff.

Moderators need to be impartial, fair, and calm at all times. I am not.

If this was a bar, I'd be breaking chairs over Shapur's head long ago, for example. No one needs that type of moderating, do they? Hehehe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast