Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Aryans & Germanics

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Aryan is not a language in and of itself, Aryan is Nobleman, these people spoke a form of proto-indo-european, in their case Vedic Sanskrit. The people themselves looked more akin to that of fair Pashtun people

How close biologically, etc do you think these aryans were to early germanics? Do we stem from the same stock, or did they shoot off from us or vice versa?

I understand this topic has been beaten to death, but as germanic people how do we relate to aryans? Are they as closely related as slavs, balts or celts or something more exotic and removed from our stock?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 06:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    556 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    How close biologically, etc do you think these aryans were to early germanics?
    The vast majority of ancestry of the Proto-Germanics stemmed from Paleo-Nordics, by all likelyhood, considering the currently available evidence. So not particularily close related, I would think.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    18 Hours Ago @ 02:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Western
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    How close biologically, etc do you think these aryans were to early germanics? Do we stem from the same stock, or did they shoot off from us or vice versa?
    It's not so simple as saying these people became these people, as populations have always been changing, intermingling of pre-aryan ethnic groups were integrated along with ruling aryans to create what we now know of as "germanic", "celtic", "slavic", "hellenic", some speculate the myth of the Aesir overtaking the Vanir as exemplifying this in folk memory. This is archaeologically evidenced in the "Celtization" of the British Isles, taken from wikipedia
    Although "Celts" and "Celtic blood" are commonly talked about, the Celtic wave was a movement of culture, not of population. In general, the base-population of the British Isles has not changed much since 6000BC.[13] However, recent genetic studies regarding Y-DNA Haplogroup I2b2-L38 have concluded that there was some Late Iron Age migration of Celtic La Tčne people, through Belgium, to the British Isles[14] including north-east Ireland.[15] In the late Iron Age Pryor estimates that the population of Britain and Ireland was between 1 and 1.5 million, upon which a smaller number of Celtic-speaking immigrant populations would have installed themselves as a superstrate.

Although the Celtic peoples do not share a single genetic-inheritance, they can be defined by their languages, which are identical to or descended from Proto-Celtic which is a branch of the Indo-European languages. In the case of Britain, linguists have been arguing for many years whether a Celtic language came to Britain and Ireland and then split, or whether there were two separate "invasions". The older view of prehistorians was that the Celtic influence in the British Isles was the result of successive invasions from the European continent by diverse Celtic-speaking peoples over the course of several centuries, accounting for the P-Celtic vs. Q-Celtic isogloss. This view is now challenged by adherents of the Insular Celtic dialect group hypothesis which instead states that one single language, Insular Celtic, split off from Proto-Celtic and then split into British and Primitive Irish.

The Celtic arrival in Britain is usually taken to correspond to Hallstatt influence and the appearance of chariot burials in what is now England from about the 6th century BC. However, several archaeologists, including John Waddell, suppose there must have been Celtic presence in Britain already in the late Bronze Age, i.e. in mid 2nd millennium BC.[16]

By ca. the 6th century (Sub-Roman Britain), most of the inhabitants of the Isles were speaking Celtic languages of either the Goidelic or the Brythonic branch.

After Caesar's conquest of Gaul in the 50s BC, some Belgic people seem to have come to central southern Britain from the continent (they are usually considered to have been Celtic-speaking,[17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24] although Caesar reports that some of them claimed historically Germanic origin). Possibly because of this migration, the names of the tribes Parisi (in Eastern Yorkshire), Brigantes and Atrebates can be found both in Britain and on the continent.[25] It has also been claimed that there were a tribe of Iverni in Ireland who spoke a Brythonic language.

In Ireland as in Great Britain, beginning Celtic influence is taken to correspond to the beginning Iron Age. The adoption of Celtic culture and language was likely a gradual transformation, brought on by cultural exchange with Celtic groups in Britain or southwest mainland Europe.
    I understand this topic has been beaten to death, but as germanic people how do we relate to aryans? Are they as closely related as slavs, balts or celts or something more exotic and removed from our stock?
    Aryan can be viewed more as an umbrella term, though some argue that it's outdated and overused in terms of describing that tribe of people who settled from Ireland to India. Indo-European is more inclusive despite it's politically correct connotations, due to Aryan primarily historically being the nomads who invaded India in the 1st millennium bc.
    I would give a better reply, were I not preoccupied with academic obligations, but it should give you an idea as to the direction of the discussion.

Eala Freia Fresena
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, July 29th, 2019 @ 11:24 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The origin of all 'white' nations is the north pole. From there we originate. Through the moving of the magnetic polar axle, winter came into play and suddenly put glaciers over our homelands. Our ancestors moved south, into sharks now Siberia and then further down and from there into different directions, some went west, Skandinavia (Skandas Navi'i (( Navi is a sort of Aryan heaven) into Russia, further south into the Hellenic area, Persia, Turkey Hattite empire) also into India and so forth. The Aryans are offshoots from the Tartars/Moghuls/Mongols (all white).

In the early revival in Germany (also Madame Blavatsky) the root race was called Aryan, based on the Vedas.

As no real name has survived that name got somehow established and is in used since then. Through the demonization of NS by Jews, that term was blackened by the Jew propaganda.

Technically the name only applies to the group which went into India. Today we also have names like Iran, Land of the Aryans, which indicate a wider spread of that name, but how far the name was common is not clear.

As we do not have a better name for the root race and I refuse Jewish brainwash terms like 'white' so for me Aryan means all people from that original root race which then encompasses Germanics.

linguists cringe by the use of that term because they see it only linguistically, but I do not care about their terms.
    weel nich will dieken dej mot wieken

Mein Glaube ist die Liebe zu meinem Volk. Juthunge's Avatar
    Last Online
    6 Minutes Ago @ 08:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocko View Post
    The origin of all 'white' nations is the north pole. From there we originate. Through the moving of the magnetic polar axle, winter came into play and suddenly put glaciers over our homelands. Our ancestors moved south, into sharks now Siberia and then further down and from there into different directions, some went west, Skandinavia (Skandas Navi'i (( Navi is a sort of Aryan heaven) into Russia, further south into the Hellenic area, Persia, Turkey Hattite empire) also into India and so forth. The Aryans are offshoots from the Tartars/Moghuls/Mongols (all white).
    Sorry, you lost me there. Would you like to tell me how you came to these conclusions?

As we do not have a better name for the root race and I refuse Jewish brainwash terms like 'white' so for me Aryan means all people from that original root race which then encompasses Germanics.

linguists cringe by the use of that term because they see it only linguistically, but I do not care about their terms.
    We could simply call them Indo-Europeans, as scientists did and do, of whom the Aryans were the south-eastern branch. "Aryan" as a name for the Indo-Europeans as a whole was used in the 19th century, since the exact relations between the different languages/peoples weren't yet well known.
    And the day they sold us out, Our hearts grew cold
    'Cause we were never asked, No brother, we were told!
    What do they know of Europe, Who only Europe know?

Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)

Eala Freia Fresena
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, July 29th, 2019 @ 11:24 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Mongole have been described by contemporaries like Marco Polo and others as white people. It is acknowledged everywhere that Dhingis Khan had a red beard. Do you know of any other race where men have red beards?

The Mongols later went into India where thay are known as Moghuls, as well as Muslim.

The origin from the Northpole is documented in many myth, from Hyperborea to Thule to the slavianic Veda.

Where would you put our origins? Into in the unknown?
    weel nich will dieken dej mot wieken

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 05:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The Aryans are offshoots from the Tartars/Moghuls/Mongols (all white).
    LOL. I don't even know what to think about this.

You do know that Tatars and Mongols appeared several millennia after the Aryans?

Technically the name only applies to the group which went into India. Today we also have names like Iran, Land of the Aryans, which indicate a wider spread of that name, but how far the name was common is not clear.
    Well, the word Eire is also supposed to come from the same source as Iran, both meaning roughly "Land of the Aryans". Another good indication that this is what the Indo-Europeans called themselves is that the Finn-Ugric word for "slave" is orja, which supposedly comes from "Aryan".

As we do not have a better name for the root race and I refuse Jewish brainwash terms like 'white'
    "White" was always what Europeans called themselves when coming in contact with larger populations of obvious non-whites. It's a meaninglessly wide term, I agree, but a "Jewish brainwash term" it is not.

Mein Glaube ist die Liebe zu meinem Volk. Juthunge's Avatar
    Last Online
    6 Minutes Ago @ 08:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    Mongole have been described by contemporaries like Marco Polo and others as white people. It is acknowledged everywhere that Dhingis Khan had a red beard. Do you know of any other race where men have red beards?
    Rutilism and forms of Blondism can occur in peoples all around the world, regardless of any European ancestry.
    Merely because Genghis Khan had a red beard, the whole of the Mongol peoples were European, in your opinion? Could you point me to the passages where Marco Polo, the authenticity of his alledged travels is still disputed anyway, or "others" describe the Mongol peoples as Europid?
    The origin from the Northpole is documented in many myth, from Hyperborea to Thule to the slavianic Veda.

Where would you put our origins? Into in the unknown?
    It's already impossible due to the natural conditions and circumstances at the Northpole or anywhere near it, I don’t think our ancestors lived like Inuit.

Personally I go with the hypothesis that the Indo-European “invasion” from the Russian steppes was mostly a cultural superiority by an Indo-European superstratum over an Old European substratum and that most of our ancestry, especially in the maternal line, actually stems from the latter.
    In any case though, there's enough evidence that the original homeland of the early Indo-Europeans or Proto-Indo-Europeans lay somewhere in southern to southwestern Russia.
    And the day they sold us out, Our hearts grew cold
    'Cause we were never asked, No brother, we were told!
    What do they know of Europe, Who only Europe know?

Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)

Last Online
    Monday, May 29th, 2017 @ 05:26 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    State
    Florida Florida
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Manifest Destiny
    Religion
    God
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    Personally I go with the hypothesis that the Indo-European “invasion” from the Russian steppes was mostly a cultural superiority by an Indo-European superstratum over an Old European substratum and that most of our ancestry, especially in the maternal line, actually stems from the latter.
    In any case though, there's enough evidence that the original homeland of the early Indo-Europeans or Proto-Indo-Europeans lay somewhere in southern to southwestern Russia.
    The 'spread of Chariots' is basically the spread of Indo-European civilisation

Last Online
    Monday, March 13th, 2017 @ 09:26 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Bringing science to politics
    Religion
    Philosophical Syncretism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It is acknowledged everywhere that Dhingis Khan had a red beard. Do you know of any other race where men have red beards?

Actually red hair do exist in certain siberian asiatic tribes so he could have gotten it through admixture of other siberian tribes(I am not well read on hair colour of eastern mongols), just as blonde hair is common among finno-ugric tribes.

The term white If i remember correct was what the indians refered to the spainards. It has also been used as a discrimination term mainly by the english/british to desribe people of ethnic origin or other european people as not one of them. With that being said it has been used by jews aswell just as they coined the term "people of colour".

About the origins being the north pole, according to zoroastrians the place they fled from was a land were there was a night for six month and a day for another six. In other words near the north pole, this is why there were theories about it being in Northern Scandinavia/Russia. The climate in Northern Scandinavia or Northern Russia according to the theory was ofcourse warmer back then.

You can read more about these theories from the book The Arctic Home in the Vedas by the Indian Bal Tilak. Which I think is what Ocko is refering to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast