View Poll Results: Do You consider Iranians to be Europids?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • No I do not consider Iranians as Europids.(No Exceptions)

61 38.13%
  • Yes I do consider Iranians as Europids.(No Exceptions)

27 16.88%
  • I consider most Iranians not to be Europeans but a few are(Exception made for the few)

72 45.00%
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Consider Iranians to be Europid?

Last Online
    Thursday, June 29th, 2006 @ 07:07 PM
    Subrace
    Irano-Afghan/Corded
    Politics
    Pan-Aryan
    Religion
    Zoroastrian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Re: Do You Consider Iranians to be Europid?

Quote Originally Posted by Axelrod
    there is a common misconception, semits didnt come from mars neither did they come together as a whole, its a language family not a race, and its northern non orientalid speakers like jews, assyrians, lebanese,some syrian/iraqi arabs etc are of caucasoid stock. southern arabs have sub saharan blood which ranges their caucasoid ancestry with a negroid paternal side. as any north semite,turk,jew etc arent european so arent the persians. end of the story
    My fool the discussion was never about Europeans, it was about the race Europid! LOL

Kamangir42

Pardon the long post. This post is not directed at all the posters on this thread, only those who have propagated lies about Iranians.

Firstly, I have to say I fail to see the point of this thread. The question posed requires a factual response; not a solicitation for opinions. If enough people were of the opinion that Michael Jordan was Armenoid would that make it so?

The fact is that Europid is a synonym for Caucasoid (thanks to VioletOxygen for correcting me on that – I had been misguided by people with a vested interest). As I understand it, Iranians are Caucasoid and so therefore they are Europids too. Indeed, Arabs, Jews and Dravidian Indians are Europid too. Of course, Iranians are non-European Europids. No sane Iranian to the best of my knowledge has ever claimed otherwise.

Further, I do believe Iranians are predominantly of the Irano-Afghan subrace of the Caucasoid/Europid race (see below). This is a fact whether you like it or not. The typical Iranian is not Norindid, Orientalid or Turanid in the same sense that the typical Brit is not Veddoid or Congoid.

Outline of Human Racial Classification:

I. Capoid or Khoisanid Subspecies of southern Africa

A. Khoid (Hottentot) race

B. Sanid (Bushmen) race

II. Congoid Subspecies of sub-Saharan Africa

A. Central African race

1. Palaecongoid subrace (the Congo river basin: Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Congo, Angola)

2. Sudanid subrace (western Africa: Niger, Mali, Senegal, Guinea)

3. Nilotid subrace (southern Sudan; the ancient Nubians were of this subrace)

4. Kafrid or Bantid subrace (east and south Africa: Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique, Natal)

B. Bambutid race (African Pygmies)

C. Aethiopid race (Ethiopia, Somalia; hybridized with Caucasoids)

III. Caucasoid or Europid Subspecies

A. Mediterranid race

1. West Mediterranean or Iberid subrace (Spain, Portugal, Corsica, Sardinia, and coastal areas of Morocco and Tunisia; the Atlanto-Mediterranean peoples who expanded over much of the Atlantic coastal regions of Europe during the Mesolithic period were a branch of this subrace)

2. East Mediterranean or Pontid subrace (Black Sea coast of Ukraine, Romania and Bulgaria; Aegean coasts of Greece and Turkey)

3. Dinaricized Mediterraneans (Residual mixed types resulting from the blending of Mediterranids with Dinarics, Alpines or Armenids; not a unified type, has much regional variation; predominant element [over 60%] in Sicily and southern Italy, principal element in Turkey [35%], important element in western Syria, Lebanon and central Italy, common in northern Italy. The ancient Cappadocian Mediterranean subrace of Anatolia was dinaricized during the Bronze Age [second millennium B.C.] and is a major contributor to this type in modern Turkey.)

4. South Mediterranean or Saharid subrace (predominant in Algeria and Libya, important in Morocco, Tunisia and Egypt)

5. Orientalid or Arabid subrace (predominant in Arabia, major element from Egypt to Syria, primary in northern Sudan, important in Iraq, predominant element among the Oriental Jews)

B. Dinaric race (predominant in western Balkans [Dinaric Mountains] and northern Italy, important in the Czech Republic, eastern and southern Switzerland, western Austria and eastern Ukraine)

C. Alpine race (predominant element in Luxembourg, primary in Bavaria and Bohemia, important in France, Hungary, eastern and southern Switzerland)

D. Ladogan race (named after Lake Ladoga; indigenous to Russia; includes Lappish subrace of arctic Europe)

E. Nordish or Northern European race(various subraces in the British Isles, Scandinavia, the Netherlands and Belgium; predominant element in Germany, Switzerland, Poland, Finland and the Baltic States; majority in Austria and Russia; minority in France, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary; outlined in detail in The Nordish Race)

F. Armenid race (predominant element in Armenia, common in Syria, Lebanon and northern Iraq, primary element among the Ashkenazic Jews)

G. Turanid race (partially hybridized with Mongoloids; predominant element in Kazakhstan.; common in Hungary and Turkey)

H. Irano-Afghan race (predominant in Iran and Afghanistan, primary element in Iraq, common [25%] in Turkey)

I. Indic or Nordindid race (Pakistan and northern India)

J. Dravidic race (India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka [Ceylon]; ancient stabilized Indic-Veddoid [Australoid] blend)

IV. Australoid Subspecies

A. Veddoid race (remnant Australoid population in central and southern India)

B. Negritos (remnants in Malaysia and the Philippines)

C. Melanesian race (New Guinea, Papua, Solomon Islands)

D. Australian-Tasmanian race (Australian Aborigines)

V. Mongoloid Subspecies

A. Northeast Asian race (various subraces in China, Manchuria, Korea and Japan)

B. Southeast Asian race (various subraces in Indochina, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, some partly hybridized with Australoids)

C. Micronesian-Polynesian race (hybridized with Australoids)

D. Ainuid race (remnants of aboriginal population in northern Japan)

E. Tungid race (Mongolia and Siberia, Eskimos)

F. Amerindian race (American Indians; various subraces)

Dominant or predominant = over 60% majority

Majority or major = 50-60% majority

Principal or primary = 25-49% plurality; less than a majority, but most numerous racial type

Important = 25-49% minority; not most numerous racial type

Common = 5-25% minority

Minor = less than 5% minority

Source: http://www.racialcompact.com/racesofhumanity.html

Coon confirms that Irano-Afghans form the principal element in Iran (http://www.angeltowns.com/members/ra.../subraces.html).

Some people seem to think that the scientific research of respected anthropologists is of less value than a few pictures found on the internet.

Moreover, Iran is a multi-ethnic state (actually, it’s more an empire). There are minority groups on the periphery of the country: Arab Iranians (mix of Iranians and Arab); Turkmen Iranians (mix of Iranians and Turks); Baluchi Iranians (these guys are mostly Iranian but “Persians” would say that they have mixed somewhat – with what I don’t know); Kurdish Iranians (most “Persians” would regard these guys as brothers); and others. Azari Iranians are somewhat more complicated and difficult to pigeonhole. Yet the core of the state has been and continues to be the “Persian” Iranian. I am a “Persian” but admire all my fellow countrymen who fought to keep Iran free.

Personally, I have no interest in being acknowledged as European or “white”. For me, “white” is a meaningless term. I am not a WN like Shapur is. If you have ever met an Iranian, you would know we are a proud people. And if there are Iranians living in Europe or America today, this is not out of choice. This is a temporary home ready to be abandoned when the political situation changes. Ask yourself this: when did the migration of Iranians to the West begin? Were Iranians guest workers in Europe like the Turks?

Where is the proof that “Persian” Iranians (and their close brethren) are mixed to a “considerable” extent? Below I provide genetic evidence which strongly contradicts this. If you think Iranians are close to Turks or Mongolians or Lebanese or Syrians, or think that Europeans are not close to Iranians, think again. Is blood not a more reliable indicator than the eyes? If you can refute this genetic evidence I will be very interested to see you do so.

Graphic representation of the genetic differences between 42 population groups from "The History and Geography of Human Genes" by Cavalli-Sforza, Menozzi and Piazza
    Key:
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><STRONG>

Last Online
    Sunday, July 10th, 2005 @ 10:09 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Occupation
    college student
    Politics
    Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i wasnt propagandating or anything, i never knew a persian in my life and i wont have an advantage by talking them down or something. i dont give a crap either, if you guys want to be white this much, there you go. good night, convo over
    Last edited by Axelrod; Friday, July 16th, 2004 at 12:08 AM.

Kamangir42

Sorry my post got cut short.

Key:

Mongul: Nomadic people of Mongolia.
    Tibetan: People of Tibet.
    Eskimo: Peoples inhabiting the Arctic coastal regions of North America, Geenland and northeast Siberia.
    Na-Dene: North American Indian language.
    Uralic: Language family that comprises the Finno-Uric and Samoyedic subfamilies [named after the Ural mountains].
    North Turkic: Turkey.
    Ainu: A separate indigenous people that live in Japan.
    South Dravidian: A language spoken by peoples in southern India and northern Sri Lanka.
    Chukchi: Northeast Siberia
    Lapp: Nomadic herding people in northern Scandinavian countries.
    Basque: A people inhabiting north central Spain (said to be the most homogeneous racial group found by Cavalli-Sforza).
    Sardinian: Sardinia, an island of Italy.
    Thai: A people of Thailand.
    Polynesian: A division of Oceania including scattered islands of the central and southern Pacific Ocean roughly between New Zealand, Hawaii, and Easter Island.
    Melanesian: Islands northeast of Australia and south of the equator.
    Khmer: A people of Cambodia.
    Micronesian: A division of Oceania in the western Pacific Ocean comprising islands east of the Philippines and north of the equator.
    Malaysian: Southern Malay Peninsula and the northern part of the island of Borneo.
    Berber: North Africa.
    San: Nomadic hunting people of southwest Africa.
    Mbuti: African pygmies.
    Bantu: linguistically related central and southern Africans.
    Nilo-Saharan: linguistically related sub-Saharan Africans from Nigeria to Kenya.

Source: http://home.comcast.net/~neoeugenics/GeneMap.htm
    Let’s address some arguments often put forward to label Iranians as mixed. First, Iranians are mixed because some have quite a bit of body and facial hair. Yes, some Iranians are hairy but so what? Lack of facial and body hair is a characteristic of Mongoloids and Negroids. So does it make sense to you that being hairy must indicate that you are somehow mixed? Second, Iranians are darker than Europeans on average (though many Iranians could fit into Europe without being noticed). True, but is this surprising when you live in a country where the temperature seldom falls below 40-50˚C in summer and the sun is truly ferocious? In a country like Iran, being pale or having light coloured hair puts you at a distinct disadvantage in surviving the harsh climatic and environmental conditions. It’s a matter of natural selection. From the friezes and mosaics I have seen Iranians have been like this since the days of Cyrus and Darius (and who knows how long for before them). Can anybody prove that Iranians have not always been like this? After thousands of years it stands to reason we have adapted to the environment if we were pale in the first place that is (just as Southern Europeans have done to a lesser extent).

Now let us turn to the Aryan question. What bearing does being Muslim or not have on whether you are Aryan? The accusing Paladin is a Christian. How Aryan do you think Jesus or his message was? I think the first step must be to define Aryan. A lot of people seem to think that being Aryan means having blond hair or blue eyes. This is just conjecture. I can show you friezes of “Persian” Immortals from the Achaemenid Empire which appear to have quite dark skin. All we can say for sure is that Iranians have called themselves Aryan for thousands of years and they continue to do so to this day. My understanding is that no other people called themselves Aryan or named their land as that of the Aryans (correct me if I’m wrong but I do believe the word Aryan occurs in the ancient Indian texts but it is not used in the manner that Darius I employed it in the Behistun Inscription). Further, there are many Aryan aspects to Iranian culture. Do you know what Norouz is? What countries in Europe have anything similar to this celebration? Have you heard of the Iranian national epic the Shahnameh? It’s quite pathetic how some try to steal our history and our culture yet condemn us unfit to claim it as ours!

Paladin, you are a troll and most probably a liar. You know nothing about anthropology yet act as if you are the world’s pre-eminent authority on the matter. You say you have been to Iran but I highly doubt this. If you had, you wouldn’t place so much emphasis on one Swede-Iranian guy you have met.

Thank you AWAR for your kind words.

Progressive Collectivist
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axelrod
    there is a common misconception, semits didnt come from mars neither did they come together as a whole, its a language family not a race
    Yes, but like other language groups there is a type which represents this group best, which dominated the "original" (oldest) groups.

, and its northern non orientalid speakers like jews, assyrians, lebanese,some syrian/iraqi arabs etc are of caucasoid stock.
    Most of these people are secondary or assimilated Semits, therefore you must not wonder that they are more mixed than typical-original Semits. (Bedus, Southern Arab upper class)

southern arabs have sub saharan blood which ranges their caucasoid ancestry with a negroid paternal side.
    Sure they have, but its quite unlikely that those Negroid part brought the language.

as any north semite,turk,jew etc arent european so arent the persians. end of the story
    Right.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I don't know how you all discern what is "Europid" and what is not.
    But I do it on the basis of Appearance and not what is called "Genetic Charts"(which can be fabricated/manipulated).
    Greeks supposedly cluster around Danes in that chart but I would never confuse a Dane for an Greek or vice versa. The difference is even greater with Iranians. I've seen a lot of Iranians, only a few are close to looking European, even than they have something disctintly uneuropean about them that is clear to a trained eye.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 28th, 2007 @ 02:56 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/UP
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Apolitical
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir42
    Pardon the long post. This post is not directed at all the posters on this thread, only those who have propagated lies about Iranians.

Firstly, I have to say I fail to see the point of this thread. The question posed requires a factual response; not a solicitation for opinions. If enough people were of the opinion that Michael Jordan was Armenoid would that make it so?

The fact is that Europid is a synonym for Caucasoid (thanks to VioletOxygen for correcting me on that – I had been misguided by people with a vested interest). As I understand it, Iranians are Caucasoid and so therefore they are Europids too. Indeed, Arabs, Jews and Dravidian Indians are Europid too. Of course, Iranians are non-European Europids. No sane Iranian to the best of my knowledge has ever claimed otherwise.

Further, I do believe Iranians are predominantly of the Irano-Afghan subrace of the Caucasoid/Europid race (see below). This is a fact whether you like it or not. The typical Iranian is not Norindid, Orientalid or Turanid in the same sense that the typical Brit is not Veddoid or Congoid.

[/b][/size]
    Source: http://www.racialcompact.com/racesofhumanity.html

Coon confirms that Irano-Afghans form the principal element in Iran (http://www.angeltowns.com/members/ra.../subraces.html).

Some people seem to think that the scientific research of respected anthropologists is of less value than a few pictures found on the internet.

Moreover, Iran is a multi-ethnic state (actually, it’s more an empire). There are minority groups on the periphery of the country: Arab Iranians (mix of Iranians and Arab); Turkmen Iranians (mix of Iranians and Turks); Baluchi Iranians (these guys are mostly Iranian but “Persians” would say that they have mixed somewhat – with what I don’t know); Kurdish Iranians (most “Persians” would regard these guys as brothers); and others. Azari Iranians are somewhat more complicated and difficult to pigeonhole. Yet the core of the state has been and continues to be the “Persian” Iranian. I am a “Persian” but admire all my fellow countrymen who fought to keep Iran free.

Personally, I have no interest in being acknowledged as European or “white”. For me, “white” is a meaningless term. I am not a WN like Shapur is. If you have ever met an Iranian, you would know we are a proud people. And if there are Iranians living in Europe or America today, this is not out of choice. This is a temporary home ready to be abandoned when the political situation changes. Ask yourself this: when did the migration of Iranians to the West begin? Were Iranians guest workers in Europe like the Turks?

Where is the proof that “Persian” Iranians (and their close brethren) are mixed to a “considerable” extent? Below I provide genetic evidence which strongly contradicts this. If you think Iranians are close to Turks or Mongolians or Lebanese or Syrians, or think that Europeans are not close to Iranians, think again. Is blood not a more reliable indicator than the eyes? If you can refute this genetic evidence I will be very interested to see you do so.

Graphic representation of the genetic differences between 42 population groups from "The History and Geography of Human Genes" by Cavalli-Sforza, Menozzi and Piazza
    Key:
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><STRONG>

Like I said, someone show me details on Iranian Autosomal Microsatellite Loci.

Leave all of thi **** out, and show me what counts.

I'm not intersted in someone's interpretation of old theories and outdated data.

Kamangir42

Quote Originally Posted by Polak
    Like I said, someone show me details on Iranian Autosomal Microsatellite Loci.

Leave all of thi **** out, and show me what counts.

I'm not intersted in someone's interpretation of old theories and outdated data.
    So you are calling the seminal treatment of human genetic variation written by three of the most distinguished experts in their field "shit"? What are your credentials? Talk about being blinded by political considerations...

Book Description
    L. Luca Cavalli-Sforza and his collaborators Paolo Menozzi and Alberto Piazza have devoted fourteen years to one of the most compelling scientific projects of our time: the reconstruction of where human populations originated and the paths by which they spread throughout the world. In this volume, the culmination of their research, the authors explain their pathbreaking use of genetic data, which they integrate with insights from geography, ecology, archaeology, physical anthropology, and linguistics to create the first full-scale account of human evolution as it occurred across all continents. This interdisciplinary approach enables them to address a wide range of issues that continue to incite debate: the timing of the first appearance of our species, the problem of African origins and the significance of work recently done on mitochondrial DNA and the popular notion of an "African Eve," the controversy pertaining to the peopling of the Americas, and the reason for the presence of non-Indo-European languages--Basque, Finnish, and Hungarian--in Europe.

The authors reconstruct the history of our evolution by focusing on genetic divergence among human groups. Using genetic information accumulated over the last fifty years, they examined over 110 different inherited traits, such as blood types, HLA factors, proteins, and DNA markers, in over eighteen hundred, primarily aboriginal, populations. By mapping the worldwide geographic distribution of the genes, the scientists are now able to chart migrations and, in exploring genetic distance, devise a clock by which to date evolutionary history: the longer two populations are separated, the greater their genetic difference should be. This volume highlights the authors' contributions to genetic geography, particularly their technique for making geographic maps of gene frequencies and their synthetic method of detecting ancient migrations, as for example the migration of Neolithic farmers from the Middle East toward Europe, West Asia, and North Africa. Beginning with an explanation of their major sources of data and concepts, the authors give an interdisciplinary account of human evolution at the world level. Chapters are then devoted to evolution on single continents and include analyses of genetic data and how these data relate to geographic, ecological, archaeological, anthropological, and linguistic information. Comprising a wide range of viewpoints, a vast store of new and recent information on genetics, and a generous supply of visual elements, including 522 geographic maps, this book is a unique source of facts and a catalyst for further debate and research.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...51965?v=glance

Reviews:

"This is the most comprehensive treatment of human genetic variations available.... It will likely play an important role in future research in anthropological genetics.... An impressive display of synthesis and analysis."--Science

"This is the most comprehensive treatment of human genetic variations available. . . . An impressive display of synthesis and analysis."--Science

"This long-awaited magnum opus is a major contribution to our knowledge of human genetic variation and its distribution on a global scale."--American Scientist

"A landmark in biology. There is nothing of its kind. . . . It represents an essential historical source for all human biologists, guaranteeing its importance in evolutionary biology."--American Journal of Human Genetics

"A magisterial survey of what is known about the distribution of human genes. . . . This book is a milestone in the pursuit of human evolutionary history."--New Scientist

"A landmark in the study of human evolution."--Trends in Genetics

"A crowning achievement, a compendium of a career's work, and a sourcebook for years to come. . . . a landmark publication, a standard by which work in this field must be judged in the future."--American Journal of Human Biology
    Source: http://pup.princeton.edu/titles/4593.html

Do you really think Cavalli-Sforza et al. did not use autosomal DNA data?

And if YOU can disprove their findings, go ahead. The onus is on YOU to demonstrate that their findings re Iranians are false, not the other way around.

Seriously, do you have any response? Or will you, as I expect, shift the goalposts?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 28th, 2007 @ 02:56 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/UP
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Apolitical
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir42
    So you are calling the seminal treatment of human genetic variation written by three of the most distinguished experts in their field "shit"? What are your credentials? Talk about being blinded by political considerations...

Source: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...51965?v=glance

Source: http://pup.princeton.edu/titles/4593.html

Do you really think Cavalli-Sforza et al. did not use autosomal DNA data?

And if YOU can disprove their findings, go ahead. The onus is on YOU to demonstrate that their findings re Iranians are false, not the other way around.

Seriously, do you have any response? Or will you, as I expect, shift the goalposts?

Ok, first of all, the information you got from racial compact, or whatever that site is called, isn't exactly real science. And I'm being kind here. If you don't realise that then you're naive and quite stupid.

Secondly, I have indeed read the works of Cavalli-Sforza. The book you quote was pretty good for its time, but sadly, back then, Cavalli didn't really have much info to work with, so he did the best he could.

Nevertheless, that map you're showing is an extremely rough representation of the data in his book.

If you're going to quote something like that, then show us more details at least. I can assure you, I have looked at all the tables and graphs there, and Iranians don't come out looking like central Europeans, which is what that illustration alone indicates.

Anyway, my challenge stands, show me some nice, new, detailed data on Iranian autosomal loci, then I'll tip my hat to both you and your friend Shapur.

Or at the very least show us all of Cavalii-Sforza's data and conclusions on Iranians.

But just wondering whether you realise that it was Cavalli-Sforza who first came up with the idea that the Slavic R1a marker was proto-Indo-European? Yup, so this of course means that Iranians are not Aryan. And this is what he showed with his PC genetic variation maps.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 17th, 2005 @ 03:26 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    Moderate
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When the US has a good proportion of Nordic men in it's population, it isn't such a good thing to alienate the darker Caucasian races. I rather see a Nordic chick dating an Iranian over a Nig.

I can garauntee you, a Nordic bitch-bleach-blood will be dating one of the two.

Unfortunately, that is what it all comes down too??

LOL.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast