Norse Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

The History Channel, Where the Truth Is History

The History Channel, where the Truth Is History

by Jeff Davis

One of the longest-running and most poorly kept secrets on American television is that the History Channel is almost all US-government approved propaganda. They have little interest in and even an aversion to finding out the truth.
    The Washington Examiner reports: “Something has been eating at Chuck Grassley. It started back in February, when the Iowa senator and history lover turned on the History Channel and didn’t like what he saw. More precisely, he didn’t see what he liked: history. ‘No history,’ Grassley tweeted on Feb. 19. ‘I used to get history. Why do we have such a channel when it doesn’t do history?’”

I’ve been asking that for years. I remember when it first came out. The History Channel seemed to contain almost nothing except regurgitated World War Two propaganda.

The Examiner goes on: “A week later, the senator turned to the History Channel and found, not black and white footage of Nazis, but Mud Cats. Again Grassley took to Twitter to express his displeasure. ‘When will they put history back on the channel?’ he tweeted.”

Oh, so this Senator wants more ancient war propaganda? Why am I not surprised. At least the mud cat documentary was probably factual.

The Examiner continues “And again on March 10: ‘Just tuned to History Channel. Once again no history.’ Later that day, with increasingly erratic punctuation: “Turned to [H]istory [C]hannel. No. H[i]story again.’”

Maybe he was just drunk. I would not be surprised if most members of Congress were drunk most of the time. They don’t even bother to read the multi-thousand page bills that they vote on, nor do they demand that those bills be reduced to a page or two so that everyone knows what’s in each bill. I would not be surprised if most Congressmen take bribes in the morning, drink or do drugs all day and then head for a brothel in the evening. That seems to be the kind of quality that we get from the disgraceful two-party system. Of course, this particular Senator may be getting senile, as many members of Congress are.

The History Channel has long been nothing but an arm of the liberal wing of the Democratic party. When they’re not re-fighting a war that ended 67 years ago, they’re moaning about slavery and evil Confederates or other bad, evil White men, conveniently forgetting all the technology that White men created that makes modern life so comfortable. And of course there’s no mention at all of evil non-European mass murderers like Genghis Khan or Lazar Kaganovich.

It’s interesting that in an election year, a major news website can’t find anything better to write about than some Senator’s tweets. I don’t know which is worse, this Senator’s senile ramblings or a political culture that treats every bit of drool that drops from his lips like it was some kind of immortal pearl of wisdom.
    http://www.whitecivilrights.com/?p=6947

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 10:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    New Zealand European
    Ancestry
    English, Scottish, Icelandic, Scandinavian, Irish
    Subrace
    Hallstatt Keltic Nordid
    Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Elvish monarch
    Religion
    Norse Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Grin

Last Online
    Sunday, July 29th, 2012 @ 04:18 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Subrace
    Homo sapians-sapians
    Country
    United States United States
    Single adult
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Dark Energy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

History channel

I disagree with you 100%. The History channel is one of the best channels on cable TV. You have a distorted view of how these channels work. They are on the air most of the day and have to have "filler" programs to fill up the time spots. They can't have quality history programs on all the time.

The following that you listed are fillers or just junk entertainment.
    Mythological creatures, speculation about the future, doomsday prophesies, ghosts, UFO's.

Your history list: Nazis- accurate, Aliens- just entertainment, amusing, ghosts-junk, Truckers, lumberjacks-just entertainment, American pickers-interesting, doomsday prophesies-just entertainment, modern marvels -very informative. History shows-excellent.

2 years ago The History channel had a series about the ancient Germanic tribes. It was very interesting and for the most part accurate. These shows are being run on You-Tube now. (Barbarians-The Goths.)

I am sure there is no propaganda by the US govt. on there. There are plenty of other channels which are loaded with propaganda, which are watched by the majority of the population who are unaware they are even being controlled by the media. It is not the govt. who is using propaganda, but the western media, who have expanded and improved on the Nazi Joseph Goebbels propaganda methods. They want to mold the entire world into a world that they would like to see. The History channel is the 2nd best cable channel after Nat Geo, which has some outstanding shows.