Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Adoption

I have two bio children and would like to have a 3rd child. I don't know if I have the energy to start from the beginning (pregnancy) at an older age. It is very hard to adopt a Germanic baby in the US, mostly minorities, unless they have some health issues or much older children are available like 12 plus. It is expensive too. I really respect people who adopt because of all the red tape and literal hassles they encounter such as disclosing private health info, marriage conflicts, finances and so on. It is a total privacy invasion when you go through agencies or the State. It's a tough decision like having a 3rd child....lots of resources involved such as time energy and even money. I checked into it yrs back. I don't think Germany, Norway or Switzerland even allows Americans to adopt? I'm sure out of 50 States we've got nice, Germanic children here too to build a family. Being a parent just changes your views on life.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Deutschland
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    LdyPrussica, don't even have a second thought in this matter. Go right ahead if both you and your husband are healthy. My husband was 45 and I was 38 when our last child was born. I worked my regular schedule the whole time; the day she was born, I worked an eight hour shift. I called my husband around 15:30 pm so he and the boys could meet me at the other hospital. I drove 1 1/2 hours to the hospital where my OB GYN practiced and a little while later our daughter was born. Our oldest son was 13 and our youngest son was 11. So we thought, just a bit, we had to start all over...but we enjoyed every minute of it. If it would have been possible, we would have tried very hard to have another child after our daughter was born. It wasn't possible, but that is another story for another time.
    Last edited by Georgia; Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Correction
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided; and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging the future but by the past.
    Patrick Henry

Last Online
    Sunday, November 3rd, 2019 @ 07:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Dutch, Low German & French
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Free & Libertarian
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    I see adoption as a last resort for people who are infertile or cannot conceive for some reason. And of course people should ideally adopt someone from their own or a very similar ethnicity and culture to prevent an identity crisis. Suggesting adoption as the default method to become a parent seems very unnatural to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123