Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Post Re: origins of browridges

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Solar Wolff

Once I saw a man in a theater with such a "pattern" except he had a full blown supraorbital torus. He was about five feet seven inches, receding forehead, nose in the same angle, long skull, blond hair and florid skin. He caused no special interest from anyone but me. I couldn't take my eyes off him and he must have thought me gay.

If this individual which is pictured had a forehead which slanted back at a sharp angle, the feature in question might be more noticable.
    Just what exactly is a Supraorbital Torus? What are the function of Browridges? Why is it that some Caucasians tend to have more noticable ones than Negros or Mongoloids? Why is it that Males tend to have more Robust browridges than females?

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frans_Jozef
    Do you like children? Since childhood, I dont get well with them nor do I care of having a family myself

Why don't you like Children? They are the Future of Our Race. It's a shame that someone with such Genius as you doesn't pass that Genius on.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Paladin
    Why don't you like Children? They are the Future of Our Race. It's a shame that someone with such Genius as you doesn't pass that Genius on.
    I never was fond of children since kindergarten which I resented so much that my mother decided to keep me at home; either I did prefer to play on my own or in a similar protest avoided the play role-games which I disliked if it involved babies and pretending to be doctors, mother and father...
    I had and have trouble to get along with children, peers are okay, but I always felt more at home with, let say, middle age people.
    The clutter of children annoys me, the noises and cries of babies irritates me, but a true gruesome are those young parents who are just so indulgent with them, actually they are usually children themselves who have no grip on them.
    Besides, they read a lot of that junk in magazines and books alike how to raise children, but either they behave as school teachers or show signs of desinterest when their hormonal calamity to breed is over and now they're stuck with those little critters who ruin their hedonistic plans.
    I remember a group of women talking about their ill toddlers, they just didnt know a thing how to comfort them medically; I had to swallow deep down my compulsions to mix myself in thier chitchat(or: shitchat) and point them very pedantic what resources these dumbheads should try out.

Not that I was anti-social or self-absorbed, but I hated and still hate to be taken up in the crowd.
    Probably my illnesses in my youth were of a psychosomatic nature, attempts to avoid school, a situation where I didn't find my place.
    I favour small group of relatives and friends, and stick to them.

Starting a family means for me at this moment...I could change my mind...being to dependant and enclosed by Society, an extended household so-to-speak for which I feel no love.

The Dream I cherish is to live in a hilly, forrest-clad place on respectful distance of the nearest town or village, in a cottage dwelling with a huge garden and some animals...free and unburdened.
    Last edited by Frans_Jozef; Saturday, July 17th, 2004 at 10:08 AM.

Last Online
    Friday, November 27th, 2020 @ 02:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    Lover of all
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i to dream of the day when i can live in a beautiful scenic surrounding with my beauutiful goddess, all i need to do is find my goddess any takers, lol :-) keep the dream alive

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 14th, 2010 @ 09:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    monolingualism
    Religion
    Protestant to the core
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frans_Jozef

The Dream I cherish is to live in a hilly, forrest-clad place on respectful distance of the nearest town or village, in a cottage dwelling with a huge garden and some animals...free and unburdened.
    Same + wife and son

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Paladin
    Just what exactly is a Supraorbital Torus? What are the function of Browridges? Why is it that some Caucasians tend to have more noticable ones than Negros or Mongoloids? Why is it that Males tend to have more Robust browridges than females?
    The supraorbital torus is a continuous bar of bone running from the top of one orbit to the top of the other. This includes the area over the nose and, in many cases in archaic skulls, actually extends beyond the orbits, somewhat, laterally. It is obviously a brace or strut which either serves to anchor chewing muscles of the jaw (this is not very plausable) or serves as a protective shield for the eyes and brain. This second idea would seem more probable if you consider the slope of the forehead in archaic skulls which slants back at a sharp angle. The would mean that the eyebrows, ridges or torus is the lead-most structure of the brain box as the individual moves forward.

With the bending of the brain box underneath in the sphenoid, the skull shortens, rounds and the forehead becomes much more vertical. The frontal bone itself may simply thicken if you consider this skull-shape change a single mutation in which the brow ridges or supraorbital torus is incorporated and seemingly lost into the new, bent frontal bone. In this form of rounded skull, these brow ridges play much less of a role in protection of the skull and eye.

Last Online
    Friday, November 27th, 2020 @ 02:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    Lover of all
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i like the sound of my brain having a protective coat. I am going to choose to believe that that is the reason for browridges, other than the fact that they look great :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123