Single adult
    Religion
    Nature
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindig_og_stoisk View Post
    And don't get me started on Weston Price, who did not by any means prove that the supposed superiority of indigenous people were caused by a 'varied' diet.

So we should let an utterly random, intangible and perhaps even unquantifiable entity like 'Mother Nature' decide the population level of Germanic lands? Can't we do this better ourselves?
    I don't think he stated they were superior, I think he puts forth a good argument that their varied foods and local fresh plant life diets made them a lot healthier.

Sure we can decide the population levels of Germanic lands ourselves, but if we keep up a pattern of assisting population growth then they might just keep coming. Hey, I could be wrong about this entire debate and I'm willing to admit it. But I am very pro forage / small populations and that is one of the only ways I see to get and stay there, embrace the local culture and foods and get rid of all the rest, no matter what it takes. I guess it's good I don't control western Europe because I'd make a hell of a lot of people angry.

Sorry if I come across as extremely stubborn, I take my positions and debates rather seriously sometimes.
    Til įrs ok frišar

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 02:03 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Saxon and Viking diets were quite similar...

http://cookit.e2bn.org/historycookbo...ood-facts.html

"It is thought that Anglo-Saxons ate a lot of bread. It was served with almost every meal."

Last Online
    Saturday, August 18th, 2012 @ 06:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Married
    Occupation
    work
    Politics
    Liberal, Incorrectness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    For nordic users: I saw an episode of a food program on NRK (Norwegian TV-channel) last year called "Mat i Norden" ("Food in the nordic") which is actually a finnish/swedish program called "Mat så in i Norden" ("Food so in the north")... very inspiring... this episode ... about a woman in Bergen - Hanne Frosta... making food of only norwegian ingredients... quite limited of course... so you have to be creative.... there was amongst other things "fur-tree-salt", "blueberry-salt", "algeagrass-salt" and "sea-weed-salt" as spices ... and of course a lot of sea-food was used as main ingredients... fish, starfish, sea ​​urchin, shells....

Unfortunately the episodes are no longer online but the link to program on NRK is:
    http://www.nrk.no/programmer/sider/mat_i_norden/
    And there's some receipes for the spices in swedish at the finnish site:
    http://svenska.yle.fi/matochfritid/m...el.php?id=2774

I suppose there's a lot of interesting stuff in the other episodes too, even though I haven't seen them...

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 12:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Country
    Other Other
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvergr View Post
    I guess you could but you wouldn't enjoy it very much. To put it into perspective, people would eat inner tree bark and lichens in the winter because it is edible and there wasn't much else around. Unless you are literally hunting-gathering for every season in the wild I don't even think it is possible to get all the nutrients you need by only eating the few market available vegetables from traditional Germanic areas offered today.

I will say that I lost a lot of respect for the Irish when I learned where potatoes were original from some years ago (Peru). They literally had a famine over potatoes. They forgot about all of their traditional foods and starved to death over one nutrient lacking vegetable from Peru.
    Thats all propaganda from the media again. There was more than enough food in Ireland but it was shipped to Britain. The potatoe failure was just the final straw and as you say, its not even a traditional Irish food.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:47 PM
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Ancestry
    Danish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Unemployed
    Politics
    Nationalist, conservative
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I don't think he stated they were superior, I think he puts forth a good argument that their varied foods and local fresh plant life diets made them a lot healthier.

Sure we can decide the population levels of Germanic lands ourselves, but if we keep up a pattern of assisting population growth then they might just keep coming. Hey, I could be wrong about this entire debate and I'm willing to admit it. But I am very pro forage / small populations and that is one of the only ways I see to get and stay there, embrace the local culture and foods and get rid of all the rest, no matter what it takes. I guess it's good I don't control western Europe because I'd make a hell of a lot of people angry.

Sorry if I come across as extremely stubborn, I take my positions and debates rather seriously sometimes.
    Regarding Weston Price and his 'healthy savages':

[Weston Price] maintained that sugar causes not only tooth decay but physical, mental, moral, and social decay as well. Price made a whirlwind tour of primitive areas, examined the natives superficially, and jumped to simplistic conclusions. While extolling their health, he ignored their short life expectancy and high rates of infant mortality, endemic diseases, and malnutrition. While praising their diets for not producing cavities, he ignored the fact that malnourished people don't usually get many cavities.

Price knew that when primitive people were exposed to "modern" civilization they developed dental trouble and higher rates of various diseases, but he failed to realize why. Most were used to "feast or famine" eating. When large amounts of sweets were suddenly made available, they overindulged. Ignorant of the value of balancing their diets, they also ingested too much fatty and salty food. Their problems were not caused by eating "civilized" food but by abusing it. In addition to dietary excesses, the increased disease rates were due to: (a) exposure to unfamiliar germs, to which they were not resistant; (b) the drastic change in their way of life as they gave up strenuous physical activities such as hunting; and (c) alcohol abuse.

Price also performed poorly designed studies that led him to conclude that teeth treated with root canal therapy leaked bacteria or bacterial toxins into the body, causing arthritis and many other diseases. This "focal infection" theory led to needless extraction of millions of endodontically treated teeth until well-designed studies, conducted during the 1930s, demonstrated that the theory was not valid.
    http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...isticdent.html

... And that is Weston Price's 'good argument'. A quack like Weston Price is not the soundest foundation for your argument that indigenous people are better off then the rest of us.

Regarding population levels: Universally in Germanic lands, population growth is either stagnated or populations are in decline. Most of 'population growth' we see in Western Europe is non-Germanic immigration. 'Small populations' simply means that there will be fewer Germanics around to resist overpopulation through mass immigration. Again, not a sound approach. Why not let the Third World implement population control measures, while we here in the Germanic lands focus on not going extinct?

Last Online
    Saturday, July 20th, 2019 @ 04:51 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Nature
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindig_og_stoisk View Post
    Why not let the Third World implement population control measures, while we here in the Germanic lands focus on not going extinct?
    You'll find no argument from myself regarding that ^

Actually most of my information of Weston Price was from Sally Fallon's book, so I guess I didn't see the whole story.
    Til įrs ok frišar

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    34 Minutes Ago @ 04:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Sure, if you think humans are only 10,000 years old and we all came from Africa I guess they didn't.
    What? No, I don't. Nor do I see how that's got anything to do with my point.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Last Online
    Saturday, July 20th, 2019 @ 04:51 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Nature
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    What? No, I don't. Nor do I see how that's got anything to do with my point.
    I thought you were saying humans didn't traditionally inhabit the western European area, I read into it wrong.
    Til įrs ok frišar

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    reality
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The best advice is to have a normal traditional diet with meat, fish, eggs, milk, bread, vegetables and all the rest. We get all the nutrition that we need that way. Keep to local, national and pan-Germanic traditions and that way we keep a strong sense of who we are, where our roots lie and where we are going. The same goes for music and wider culture, indulge the folkish and the traditional, like Germanic classical music. We have everything we need in our own cultures. The mass media is a massive anti-folkish force and should be perceived as part of the enemy. Their intent is to totally destroy our cultures and our peoples and to replace us with a media-driven proletarian and raceless culture. Their aim is that we cease to exist and they intend to utterly destroy our cultures. Our aim is to utterly destroy ZOG and to preserve our cultures and our peoples. No surrender!

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:47 PM
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Ancestry
    Danish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Unemployed
    Politics
    Nationalist, conservative
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    You'll find no argument from myself regarding that ^

Actually most of my information of Weston Price was from Sally Fallon's book, so I guess I didn't see the whole story.
    A bit of an understatement: Sally Fallon is the co-founder and president of the Weston A. Price Foundation, an organisation founded exclusively to promote the pseudo-scientific theories of Weston Price. Hardly an objective source.
    Besides, Sally Fallon's formal education is a college degree in English, so what precisely makes her qualified to have an opinion on nutrition? Her co-author for most of her books are Mary Enig, who appears to be a "nutrionist" which in many countries is a title and occupation that is not subject to professional regulation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast