Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Present Day Japanese Culture Obsessed with the Nordic Race?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Sunday, November 4th, 2018 @ 06:15 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German, Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Keltic Nord
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Missouri Missouri
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Manufacturing
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I just find it hard to believe that the Japanese artists didn't have any influence or fascination with the Nordic or Germanic phenotype.

The characters fit the Nordic/Germanic phenotype all too well. If the characters had just minor traits of color differentiation or something similar I might agree with that but it's just too obvious in too many cases.

The Japanese are a proud race and they're not going to admit their heros of their entertainment genre are foreign races. I'm sure the artist drew the characters and think of these characters as true ethnic Japanese but at a biological and taxonomical standpoint their characters phenotype fit the typical Europid.

It's just like negroids in the US, they'll shout from the rooftops that they're racially superior and then go straighten their nappy hair and dye it blonde....
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."- Thomas Jefferson

Last Online
    Friday, August 3rd, 2012 @ 12:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    celto-germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I'm with you on that. I don't quite buy the official academic sources on the subject, at least not for all of the depictions.

I can more easily believe this academic & industry explanation as being true as a general case, particularly the high school dramas set in Japan which include pink & blue haired characters along with the red headed & blond characters all of whom are supposed to be Japanese, but there are obvious cases of European & Europid exoticism in some titles.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German, Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Keltic Nord
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Missouri Missouri
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Manufacturing
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The first pic would be a prime example of an illustrated mongoloid phenotype.
    The second, a typical Nordic/Germanic phenotype.

The physical features are too obvious to ignore and I can't understand how anyone, including the Japanese artists, will not admit they are influenced by the Nordic/Germanic race...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mulan-Wallpaper-mulan-2471043-1024-768.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	450.4 KB 
ID:	110917   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	410939990_orig.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	110918  
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."- Thomas Jefferson

Last Online
    Friday, August 3rd, 2012 @ 12:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    celto-germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Mulan is a Disney title, American animators depicting an Asiatic character, with purposeful pronounced racial characteristics to differentiate her from previous Disney Europid "princess" characters. So from an art & ethnic characterization standpoint your two samples are a bit of an 'apples to oranges' comparison.

Again though, I'm not disagreeing with your perception at all, rather saying I think there is some truth in what you are saying as well as some truth in the official explanation from the Japanese manga & anime producers.

It is problematic to generalize too much one way or the other considering the enormous volume of material in question, but there are indeed some obvious cases of explicit Europid exoticism in the medium.

-------

More telling to me than your second example with the light colored hair, which might or might not be stylization, but dark eyes, are examples of characters where the eye coloration is blue or green as well or non-straight hair <extreme non-Asiatic traits> is depicted.

On the other hand, the character names will often still be Japanese, and the more obviously Japanese looking characters don't seem to react to these odd-ball Europid characters as though they are a foreigner, so I tend to be confused as to how to interpret the intended ethnicity of, for example a curly blond haired, blue eyed Japanese schoolgirl named めぐみ (Megumi)?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German, Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Keltic Nord
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Missouri Missouri
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Manufacturing
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesritter View Post
    Mulan is a Disney title, American animators depicting an Asiatic character, with purposeful pronounced racial characteristics to differentiate her from previous Disney Europid "princess" characters. So from an art & ethnic characterization standpoint your two samples are a bit of an 'apples to oranges' comparison.

Again though, I'm not disagreeing with your perception at all, rather saying I think there is some truth in what you are saying as well as some truth in the official explanation from the Japanese manga & anime producers.

It is problematic to generalize too much one way or the other considering the enormous volume of material in question, but there are indeed some obvious cases of explicit Europid exoticism in the medium.
    No, I understand you mostly agree, the examples were meant to compare the two in a general sense, in the animation genre. Not specifically comparing American animation to Japanese. The examples just show and differentiate a typical mongoloid phenotype and a Nordic/Germanic phenotype.

I was just trying to illustrate that the two can easily be identified as either nordic or mongoloid in general animation and that Japanese artists claiming the Nordic characters are ethnic Japanese is plain ridiculous.

Last Online
    Friday, September 2nd, 2016 @ 01:48 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Western Europe, Britain, Ireland
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Traditionalist, anti-capitalist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I do think there is some truth to this, but at the same time animations are simplified and things like big eyes can make anime characters look European. It is also important to note that anime directors don't deny that they were influenced by early Disney and other American animators. If you look at animes that are centered around Japan, usually they are more realistically Japanese.

Take this anime for example:

They have much more rounded faces, which is more typical of Asians.

Paranoia Agent is quite realistic aswell:

Animes that are supposed to depict Europeans look more European atleast to me anyway. Last Exile being a good example:

Notice the NS aesthetics, something else the Japanese seem to be obssessed with

Man people are stingy about linking their images.....

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 05:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germans, Hungarians, Slavs
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Democratic National-Conservativ
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I use to see japanese anime series and I spotted too, that some of the full of blond, great blue-eyed, european faced individual, side by side some of them are rather closer to the real japanese look, futhermore all of average japanese anime character have little bit longer jaw and snubbed-nose like the japanese too. Originally the great eyes and european traits was american influence under the US occupation what is described above. However nowadays it seems rather an exotic, interesting world for the japanese.

The super saiyan in the Dragon Ball is surely germanic influenced as the long blond mane is not the typical japanese haircut.

Princess Sailor Moon:

Asuka the half-german character in the Evangelion.

The present writer wrote about a typical one what full of germanic influences. Well, it played in an alternative Europe. Probably for the japanese it is similar as a samurai movie for us. The faces are more closer to european face in this or some newer anime, f.e. higher, narrower face, high rooted convex nose, etc. Interrestingly I think some of this animes better for an european chidlren than an average western cartoon with the obligatory negro, jew, paki characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfaz View Post
    Spice and Wolf a japanese anime what take place in an alternative Medieval Europe where the Christianity and the Paganism live side by side. Holo is a pagan wolf-god who is a patron of a rural pagan village. In the time of the story the spread of the Holy Faith and the new technologies displace the old fertility cult, hence Holo start own journey back the North what is own homeland, with a young travel merchant, Craft Lawrence.

The story show the peacful and sometimes violent weekdays of the medieval trade. Credits, smuggling, market manipulations, bankrupts and the machinations of the Church are the part their travel to the North. We can see how manage own business the people in the Middle Ages side by side the romantic thread between the two main character. The graphic is beaitiful and it show the animators read some art history under own work. The series haven't got brutal violent or sexual contents, thus it is strongly recommend to greater children or younger teenagers too, as it can learn them the basics of the nowadays economy.

At least the series haven't got any contemporary influences as propagate the multiculti, racemixing, drugs, promiscuity or similars (in contrast to other animes or historical movie series, f.e. the HBO Rome).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	390936-eve_3.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	110919   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nora.Arendt.345432.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	110920   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spice and Wolf - 08 - Large 20.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	110922  

Last Online
    Friday, September 2nd, 2016 @ 01:48 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Western Europe, Britain, Ireland
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Traditionalist, anti-capitalist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I use to see japanese anime series and I spotted too, that some of the full of blond, great blue-eyed, european faced individual, side by side some of them are rather closer to the real japanese look, futhermore all of average japanese anime character have little bit longer jaw and snubbed-nose like the japanese too. Originally the great eyes and european traits was american influence under the US occupation what is described above. However nowadays it seems rather an exotic, interesting world for the japanese.

The super saiyan in the Dragon Ball is surely germanic influenced as the long blond mane is not the typical japanese haircut.
    Yeah I'm not denying that the Japanese have a fondness for European culture and phenotypes. Goku however looks a lot more Japanese when he's not in his super aryan sayan form heh.

The present writer wrote about a typical one what full of germanic influences. Well, it played in an alternative Europe. Probably for the japanese it is similar as a samurai movie for us. The faces are more closer to european face in this or some newer anime, f.e. higher, narrower face, high rooted convex nose, etc. Interrestingly I think some of this animes better for an european chidlren than an average western cartoon with the obligatory negro, jew, paki characters.
    I would agree, especially the Ghibli films which have an environmental message in the majority of them. They are also humorous to both children and adults and don't patronise children either like the Disney films do.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 14th, 2019 @ 10:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not the typical European haircut either though, is it?

Interrestingly I think some of this animes better for an european chidlren than an average western cartoon with the obligatory negro, jew, paki characters.
    It seems to me all manga is better than the crap they show today on TV. But I don't agree with you about HBO Rome, which in my opinion really wasn't all that PC. Wasn't this promiscuity fairly common in Rome? I'm thinking about the Priapus cult and so on. Rome was an entirely different world before Vite Krist came in... However, there was one case of slight miscegenation in the series, between Lucius Vorenus and his darker wife. Lucius had red/blond hair and was rather aggressive at times, yet he was still a hero. Still, there's no African (African as in Negro) role at all, with the exception of the time spent in Egypt, but still no African roles apart from slaves or soldiers. I enjoyed the series and thought it felt authentic, no noticeable unnecessary multiculti/miscegenation propaganda in my opinion.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German, Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Keltic Nord
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Missouri Missouri
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Manufacturing
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would have to agree that not ALL anime is rooted or influenced by Europid racial phenotypes, and I never claimed that, however, I do feel that much of the Japanese anime culture does seem to reflect an interest and or fascination with nordic/Germanic phenotypes.

Although I will disagree that the smaller pointy narrow nose and long narrow jaw on many anime characters are more Nordic traits, as opposed to a stubby broad nose and rounded short jaw which would resemble mongoloid traits.

Most of the characters above have nordic traits. Pointed narrow nose, long face with narrow jaw, light colored eyes, and blond or brown hair. Although some do have some semblance of mongoloid traits I still fail to see any true ethnic mongoloid traits in most of the characters provided.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast