Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Present Day Japanese Culture Obsessed with the Nordic Race?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Sunday, November 4th, 2018 @ 06:15 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German, Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Keltic Nord
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Missouri Missouri
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Manufacturing
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I actually think Goku is a prime example of a typical Nordic phenotype.

Long Narrow face, long and prominent jaw, pointed narrow nose, light eyes and blonde (super Saiyan)

and very few Asians today are regarded to have such a muscular build, and I disregard Gokus black hair as a mongoloid trait, because his nordic features are predominant and some Germanics do have black hair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gokussj.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	110924   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Son_Goku_by_DjSamerA.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	404.3 KB 
ID:	110925  
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."- Thomas Jefferson

Last Online
    Friday, September 2nd, 2016 @ 01:48 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Western Europe, Britain, Ireland
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Traditionalist, anti-capitalist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yeah but you also have to take into account that the Japanese have a lot narrower noses than other asian people. Also noses are deliberetly simplified because it just makes them easier to draw. Fair point though.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 14th, 2019 @ 10:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiseric View Post
    Definitely, and I do also think that the Japanese like the phenotypical diversity among whites with all the different colors on hair, eyes and so on, maybe because their own country is very homogenous. Not saying that's a bad thing (definitely not!), but entertainment is often about experiencing things you wouldn't see in everyday life, in this case, blond people are very exotic.

I used to ponder why the characters always have such huge eyes, but that's probably more about style, drawing and emotion than about phenotypes.

Last Online
    12 Hours Ago @ 05:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    Married
    Politics
    Third Position
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    The Saiyans just look like 80s Rockers. The Japanese wholeheartedly adopted that epic style of music as well.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 09:16 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English-American
    Ancestry
    English/England
    Country
    Single adult
    Occupation
    student
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Actually I've read about this before in books on anime, it's also all over the web. The characters are Japanese, even the ones with blue eyes or blonde hair, they are considered to be Japanese. When a character is European it is made obvious that they aren't Asian, usually with emphasis on the nose or mannerisms and things like that.

And the large eyes are because it's considered cute and attractive and because it's easier to express emotion.

I think the Japanese just happen to like European features, but their characters are always intended to be Japanese.

The Japanese are a really proud race and they have very little desire to be anything but Japanese. ( which I could say the same for the majority of whites )
    Proud to be Germanic.

Even though my ancestry is English, Germany is my favorite country.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 @ 04:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Irish-Welsh-Scots
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Tasmania Tasmania
    Married
    Politics
    Green Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiseric View Post
    The Japanese culture of today, mostly prevalent in their art and anime media, is obsessed with the Nordic race.

I find this a curious phenomenon as most cultures and races depict themselves as the heroes of the day.

You would think such a proud race as the Japanese wouldn't glorify such a race in just about every way possible in the art and television media.
    This could be traced back more than 100 years - to the late 19thC - when Japan was rapidly modernising and self-conciously setting itself goals they determined by European standards of the day. To be accepted on the world stage, they decided to 'play the game' and follow those paths already trod in the West to attain the status of a nation of the first class'. Parliamentary reforms, educational and bureaucratic reforms were the order of the day - all following Western European examples.

Some say, their defeat of Russia in 1905 signalled their arrival.
    Last edited by paraplethon; Thursday, June 14th, 2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Extra detail.

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    22 Hours Ago @ 07:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germans, Hungarians, Slavs
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Democratic National-Conservativ
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Järnsida View Post
    It seems to me all manga is better than the crap they show today on TV. But I don't agree with you about HBO Rome, which in my opinion really wasn't all that PC. Wasn't this promiscuity fairly common in Rome? I'm thinking about the Priapus cult and so on. Rome was an entirely different world before Vite Krist came in... However, there was one case of slight miscegenation in the series, between Lucius Vorenus and his darker wife. Lucius had red/blond hair and was rather aggressive at times, yet he was still a hero. Still, there's no African (African as in Negro) role at all, with the exception of the time spent in Egypt, but still no African roles apart from slaves or soldiers. I enjoyed the series and thought it felt authentic, no noticeable unnecessary multiculti/miscegenation propaganda in my opinion.

Yes, Vorenus' wife is one of the good examples from this series, moreover a good one is Timon the jew and his family. Probably the jews were not so important part of the Roman Republic what this story show it. F.e. the greeks or the etruscans (as dependant this time) were more common in the street of the late republican Rome. The promiscuity was an foreign civilized eastern habit among the decadent elit in the ancient Rome like as the homosexuality too. The classic roman moral prefered the heterosexual marriage and family.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 14th, 2019 @ 10:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfaz View Post
    Yes, Vorenus' wife is one of the good examples from this series, moreover a good one is Timon the jew and his family. Probably the jews were not so important part of the Roman Republic what this story show it. F.e. the greeks or the etruscans (as dependant this time) were more common in the street of the late republican Rome. The promiscuity was an foreign civilized eastern habit among the decadent elit in the ancient Rome like as the homosexuality too. The classic roman moral prefered the heterosexual marriage and family.
    I have no idea about the Jewish influence in ancient Rome, but you're saying the promiscuity wasn't necessarily unwarranted propaganda or a cheap way to get more viewers then? It may be historically relevant?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, June 16th, 2012 @ 04:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Germany, England
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ive heard it said that the race depicted in Japanese anime is supposed to be a fictional one that just happen's to have depigmentation and random color's but has its own feature's. I don't know how much this is true. If you look at Miyazaki's film's you don't see them with green hair like in pokemon. You see them usually prefer to depict European people and when they depict Japanese they make them look more European than japanese even if they have darker hair and eye's.

Last Online
    Friday, August 3rd, 2012 @ 12:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    celto-germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    In terms of trying to understand how to interpret the stylization vs. actual non-Asiatic traits, another example where they are trying to depict Asians alongside other races, so one has the chance to compare the weird stylistic character differentiations they make for their Asiatic characters (some pallet choices which look Europid, though the characters are supposed to be Asiatic, as well as blue & green & red & yellow <but not 'blonde' hair) as well as depictions of foreign races - is Macross [マクロス] (aka "Robotech"):

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast