Manufacturing
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Schnadelbach View Post
    Gaiseric, unless you are of immediate swiss ancestry, you have to live in Switzerland for 12 years before you can be naturalised swiss. 6 years if you are married to a swiss citizen.
    Yes I know this. The work visa is a way to get your foot in the door. They won't allow you to immigrate there unless you have secured an income (Job) because they do not want you to end up on government aide.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."- Thomas Jefferson

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    287 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Schnadelbach
    Iceland is very white but there are no trees.
    Not true, they have trees.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 20th, 2019 @ 03:51 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Nature
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Gauging your question in terms of Survival -> Tradition, I would have to overwhelmingly say Iceland. The most important thing for myself, come the next 10 years is "where will a safe, resourceful, peaceful and small estimated populated place be to live where I can flourish the Germanic traditions in a scenario most likely to have ones who will understand and be willing to learn / participate?". I personally have chosen upper New England of America - Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine for its vast resources, fresh water, small population and overwhelming 96%+ white population. Relating my own personally opinion on why a place should be chosen to live, I'd suggest Iceland over Norway.

Norway's immigration increase has been vast and majorly (dark skinned). Iceland's immigration has been moderate.

Norway is already at around 5 million people and projected to be around 7 million by 2060 with an already only 86% Norwegian ancestry and likely to decline if action isn't taken
    Iceland is at a little over 300,000 and projected to be less then 500,000 by 2050 with I think a 93% Icelandic ancestry, however most of their immigration isn't darkies. And even for the darkies they do have, it's not the mass Norway / Sweden rape-gangs taking over towns and cities. Iceland also doesn't build special towns and housing projects for them.

As someone stated before, it is way cheaper to live in Iceland. You can get off the books jobs and find some small town living. Iceland will most def. send you a letter stating you will be deported but the chances are unless you go out of your way to find authorities in Reykjavik or attempt to leave, it wont go through. as far as I am aware if you get deported from Iceland you will be black listed for some time flying in Europe, if you are from the US. However probably 6 months to a year later you should be allow to return anyhow. If you chose to become an illegal immigrant in Iceland or Norway, plan to stay there forever because short of I guess getting married I don't know how else you will live there and be able to freely travel in and out (unless you are a savage from Africa or the Middle east of course they get special treatment). so if you want to live outside of Reykjavik in Iceland for the rest of your life go for it, I don't see how you would ever get caught.

Iceland also has the Thorablot celebration and Asatru is "big". The country is beautiful, but coming from the US it might get small fast for you. The general lack of trees can make it get smaller faster, but really it is the most beautiful place I have ever been. If you go, even to visit I suggest you spend little time in Reykjavik and head straight up to Akureyri.

You should look into Newfoundland. It's not terribly far from NE Maine, has a rich yet mysterious Norse history (mysterious because we don't really know much about it). The Irish came their shortly after the English and some other, and today is mostly English, Irish and Scottish. I have never been there but the people are supposed to be the best, it has some pretty similar geography with some northern Europe island and countries, with fjords and such, and is large and sparsely populated. There are even Icebergs which float around the east coast in the summer, they drift down from Greenland.
    Til árs ok friðar

Last Online
    Saturday, August 18th, 2012 @ 05:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Married
    Occupation
    work
    Politics
    Liberal, Incorrectness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If you have higher education and get a job-offer I can't imagine it being very hard getting to move to Norway. Lydig is just angry at our naive refugee-politics...
    And US citizens can stay in Norway for 90 days without VISA.

Check out:
    http://www.udi.no/Norwegian-Director...needs-a-visa-/

Norway has nice green forests, and long beautiful fjords... Iceland has fjords but is a barren, desolate, vulcanic island mostly. Good for vacation but don't know if I would live there..

Norway is extremely expensive.. in Iceland you might maybe get a cheap apartment from some broke/ruined familiy being forced by the bank to sell.. but then I assume your neighbours won't look nicely on you.. heh.. or?
    How is the situation now in Iceland, any icelanders ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal View Post
    (...)
    2. Which language, Icelandic or Norwegian would be easier to learn?
    3. Which country has a larger population of immigrants (Muzzos, Blacks, Asians, etc)?
    (...)
    2: Probably quite equal, but knowing icelandic is "cooler" in that it resembles Old-Norse, whereas Norwegian do not.

3: Probably Norway. But does that speak for or against you moving to Norway? If you're selfish it speaks for you moving to iceland.. if you love the germanic race it speaks for you moving to Norway instead of "giving up"...

Last Online
    Saturday, December 29th, 2018 @ 03:55 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    Northern European
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Orange Free State Orange Free State
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    teach, research
    Politics
    Radical Traditionalist
    Religion
    Gottgläubig
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvergr View Post
    You should look into Newfoundland. It's not terribly far from NE Maine, has a rich yet mysterious Norse history (mysterious because we don't really know much about it). The Irish came their shortly after the English and some other, and today is mostly English, Irish and Scottish. I have never been there but the people are supposed to be the best, it has some pretty similar geography with some northern Europe island and countries, with fjords and such, and is large and sparsely populated. There are even Icebergs which float around the east coast in the summer, they drift down from Greenland.
    Newfoundland sounds like a sound option - vast beautiful space, culturally easier for you to move to, sparsely populated and remote to the dark wave. But unless we all make a preservationist stand then it is all academic - think Lord of the Rings "shall I just not bother destroying this ring and can I avoid Sauron by moving to the edge of the map?" Answer = NO.
    “unless they know, mystically, that beneath the concrete lies the earth which has nourished their race for a thousand years and ... that it is their own earth from which their blood is shed and renewed, then they are a lost people, and easy prey for those who have lacked roots for many centuries"
    A. K. Chesterton

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Sunday, August 12th, 2012 @ 09:56 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    The Netherlands, Ireland, Wales
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm admiring both Iceland and Norway at the moment. Norway looks like the most beautiful place in the world and I adore its native people and culture.
    Iceland seems amazing, I especially love the language but I haven't met many of its inhabitants. It looks like it needs more trees and maybe mountains.

I always dream of running away to these places. But I have no money or qualifications yet.
    So like, take me with you, plox.

I'm half Dutch, a quarter Irish and the rest is a bunch of other Germanic/Celtic elements. I'm not sure where I'd best fit.
    My (now ex) boyfriend suggested Russia. Strange, but, I wonder...

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    287 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcade View Post
    I'm admiring both Iceland and Norway at the moment. Norway looks like the most beautiful place in the world and I adore its native people and culture.
    Why would you leave New Zealand? It's so beautiful there too

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 @ 09:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, Germany, France
    Country
    State
    Missouri Missouri
    Single adult
    Occupation
    worker/student
    Politics
    its complicated
    Religion
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersir View Post
    Why would you leave New Zealand? It's so beautiful there too

Yes, personally I think its better for people to stay in the countries of their birth. Many problems potentially arise from uprooting and trying to assimilate into new societies, even racially compatible ones. Its not just a problem for individuals, its a problem for the host country as a whole to have influxes of non natives, and it inevitably extents to the racially incompatible too. In that sense its the principle of the issue that counts here.

Why not try to appreciate your own country instead of abandoning it?

Last Online
    Friday, July 13th, 2012 @ 02:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Borreby
    Country
    Cartographer
    Politics
    Nordish Seperatist, Moderate
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If you are "50% German/Prussian 50% Irish" you should only be considering Germany/Austria or Ireland. Period. End of story.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12