Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,465 Posts

Vladimir Putin Re-elected

Here is the BBC's take on it ...

Vladimir Putin has been elected Russian president for the third time, exit polls suggest, after spending the last four years as the country's PM.

The exit polls gave Mr Putin about 60% of the vote, meaning that he should avoid a run-off with his nearest rival, Communist Gennady Zyuganov.

Officials say turnout was higher than for the last election in 2008.

But opposition groups have reported widespread fraud, with many people voting more than once.

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 05:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Putin won the elections?

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 11:55 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Austria
    Subrace
    Nordic-Alpine mix I believe
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Student
    Politics
    Radical Traditionalist
    Religion
    Transcendental Naturalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigyn View Post
    Putin won the elections?

My response in a nutshell. When you gamble with the Russian elections, the house always wins.
    Let truth and falsehood grapple...truth is strong-
    John Milton

Last Online
    Sunday, March 8th, 2020 @ 03:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    702 Posts
    The "upcoming fraud election" was a topic here all week already, they did everything to point out just how "bad" and "evil" Putin is, while being rather unable to produce something else as the "widespread opposition" than the "usual suspects", ie left-wingers, freak artists, hyper-liberal student folks and other fringe-of-society people.

That being said, I'm pretty sure that the election was not "free" by any standards and there sure was manipulation. But still, I think even without that Putin had won, so it doesnt really matter that much. It was probably more to keep out the more radical oppositions from govt business.

Those people who said some more words in favor of Putin pointed out how important stability is for Russia. And after decades of communism and the plunder they've experienced with the Laissez-Faire Capitalism in the decade after the decay of the Soviet Union, Russia needs stability more than anything else. It's a completely trashed and plundered country with no significant industry, imho it's delusional to think that you can build that up within a few years. I'm not saying Putin is ideal, but considering the alternative candidates, the best there was.
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 11:55 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Austria
    Subrace
    Nordic-Alpine mix I believe
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Student
    Politics
    Radical Traditionalist
    Religion
    Transcendental Naturalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    The "upcoming fraud election" was a topic here all week already, they did everything to point out just how "bad" and "evil" Putin is, while being rather unable to produce something else as the "widespread opposition" than the "usual suspects", ie left-wingers, freak artists, hyper-liberal student folks and other fringe-of-society people.

That being said, I'm pretty sure that the election was not "free" by any standards and there sure was manipulation. But still, I think even without that Putin had won, so it doesnt really matter that much. It was probably more to keep out the more radical oppositions from govt business.

Those people who said some more words in favor of Putin pointed out how important stability is for Russia. And after decades of communism and the plunder they've experienced with the Laissez-Faire Capitalism in the decade after the decay of the Soviet Union, Russia needs stability more than anything else. It's a completely trashed and plundered country with no significant industry, imho it's delusional to think that you can build that up within a few years. I'm not saying Putin is ideal, but considering the alternative candidates, the best there was.
    Well, I don't think Putin is anything Russia needs at the moment, he's a globalist who succumbs to American peer pressure and degenerate Westernization, hardly an 'ideal' candidate as far as I'm concerned.
    As for the 'Opposition', it will go nowhere. Liberal, college-student types who just loooove modern 'Western' culture, and NazBols (National Bolsheviks, yes, it's just like it sounds) with a few Monarchists and Communists (but not Soviet revivalists) thrown in for good measure united against a common enemy; Putin....yeeaaaah, as an actual movement, that would last about two seconds before an all-out ideological war breaks out between these factions. I kinda compare it to Occupy Wall St protests in America and Western Europe; no direction, cohesiveness or identity other than 'We Hate the Banks!'. Replace 'The Banks' with 'Putin' and that's the Russian 'opposition' for you.
    I do agree that aside from Putin, no other candidate is worth voting for. At least the LDPR are nationalist, but I do NOT trust Zhinirovsky at all, and I think you know why.
    All in all, if I was Russian, I'd probably end up doing the same thing I do as an American during the elections: Nothing.
    Let truth and falsehood grapple...truth is strong-
    John Milton

Account Inactive

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    GPWW
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    The result was predictable. As i wrote sometimes back in 2010 on another message board:

Quote Originally Posted by MCP3
    These are the choices for the respective peoples following my line of interpretation:
    ---
    Germans had the choice between
    a) Bush-Clinton agent Merkel or
    b) Putin agent Schroeder
    ---
    Ukrainians have the choice between
    a) Putin agent Yanukovych
    b) Merkel-Clinton agent Tymoshenko
    ---
    Russians have the choice between
    a) Medvedev/Putin or
    b) Putin/Medvedev
    (notice my irony )
    ---
    White Ruthenians have the choice between
    a)Kremlin agent Alexander Lukashenko
    b)Kremlin agent Alexander Lukashenko
    This implies that Russians had "more" of a choice than Belarussians (who had no choice at all) , but "less" of a choice than Ukrainians, because they had a real choice between a pro-Western and a pro-Kremlin candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Vladimir Putin has been elected Russian president for the third time, exit polls suggest, after spending the last four years as the country's PM
    Now Putin can serve another two terms, before handing presidency to Medvedev for at least 4 years. Both men are from and born in St.Petersburg, thus they are very European for Russian standards.

Last Online
    Friday, June 15th, 2012 @ 06:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I mostly agree with Velvet on this one. Russia is a country still in shambles after the post-Soviet economic crash, and it was only through its sheer size and inertia that Russia survived the 90s. Even today, Russia has not fully recovered and what the country needs more than anything is stability - even if it comes at the expense of "democracy" and "human rights" and such empty ideals.

Putin, of course, is not the best option. He is anti-nationalist, pro-Islam, and corrupt to the core. Nothing ever gets done in the Russian government if it's not for the benefit of Big Money. The oligarchy never left, Putin just replaced the old Jewish oligarchs with his own. Ideologically, Putin stands for a raceless patriotism and is basically a Russian neo-con. On the other hand, his leftist opposition is even worse than he is, as has been said here.

If I was a voter in Russia, I'd probably do the same as here - vote for the most "extreme-right" party I can find, then get on with my life and put the whole election thing out of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Balders gate
    Gee what a surprise he's reelected. What happened to the 100,000 people march they were going to have to try to prevent him from being elected. I guess they changed there minds.
    Or rather, United Russia rigged the elections. It happened in the last election, and now it happened again. Actually, this are another reason why Putin has allowed Russia to be swamped by immigration. These rapidly reproducing ethnic minorities (from the Caucasus and Asia) are socially unprotected and depend on the state. Putin uses them for mass rallies or, as in this case, to give himself 100% votes. The disgraceful tactic of importing racial aliens as a voting demographic was also done by Labour in the UK and by the Social Democrats over here.

To be honest, I think the Russians would benefit the most from a de-centralized system. Russia is not a nation-state in the European sense, it's an empire founded by settlers. Much like that other multi-ethnic empire, the United States, it seems that Russia does best when the local authorities have maximum freedom and the central government is hands-off. (The late USSR being the exception). "The federal government that governs least, governs best."

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    318 Posts
    Putin and Medwedew switched responsibilities, what news, and I heard somewhere in NW China a bag of rice fell over.

The rest of what I wanted to say has been said by Alfadur already, I sign that post with the exception of the part on voting for the most "rightwing" party, my opinion on voting for system parties is known.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Monday, March 5th, 2012 @ 03:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    German, Swede, Finn, Russ
    Ancestry
    German, Swede, Finn, Russ
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    Single adult
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have recently read that Russia will become a country with Muslim majority by 2050.