Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gym Removed from Many School to Make More Time for Academics, but Physical Activity Can Improve Thinking and Reasoning Skills in Children

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2012 @ 07:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorwald View Post
    How precisely are you going to spend money to do this? What people do (or not do) with their bodies is ultimately their choice. It comes down to a combination of individual proclivity and upbringing.
    How do you suppose they get a better upbringing when the society and schools they are brought up in worships Burger King and Mcdonals and sitting in class rooms for hours a day and then coming home to play video games. Kids should be indoctrinated for a healthy life style. And that has to start in school.

Give me a break.

Are you opposed to such a message? You'd rather have a bunch of meathead jocks running about showing off their muscles than people who can fill good paying jobs in a post industrial society ...? If so i have nothing more to say.
    You seem to be very bias against people who are stong and in good shape. Maybe thats a problem you yourself need to deal with. Secondly, you dont have to be a body builder or power lifter to be in shape and healthy. To think otherwise is retarded and shows ignorance.

Although It is without question that everybody would benefit from lifting weights. Without a doubt. Another problem in our society. People who are strong are generally harder to kill and more useful in general all together. A wise man once said that.

As far as who society sincerely appreciates though, it always seemed to me the star quarterback or basketball player gets the real press, while the Honor Society or Dean's List student gets nothing (and might even be savagely mocked. The "nerd" stereotype replete through American culture).
    Well ofcourse the star quarterback is going to get more press come the masses.... but very very few people are going to be the star quarter back... he is a huge minority. The majority of people are out of shape people who do nothing all day. These are the majority of people who go to college. As well as people who dont go to college for that matter, but you know what i mean. Bottom line... education is pushed on young teens more then anything. Most teens are not encouraged to play sports over education. Not at all. Most will not.

It seems like the only people as people in this cultural wasteland of the United States who truly respect education are our Jewish friends. Which is maybe one of the reasons why they exert such an enormous influence beyond their numbers. I'd rather see us as a people churning out lawyers, doctors, scientists and business executives ... even if they might be a little pudgy in the middle.
    I'm just going to laugh at this one.

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 02:03 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    When I was at school there was usually only one fat child in a class of over 30, and that child would have been especially greedy and lazy and that child would have been teased. None of us ate a 'special healthy diet' or anything like that- we all had chips and sweets and the usual processed junk - the difference is, we were always active, running around or making things rather than frying our brains with television or video games.

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2012 @ 07:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unity Mitford View Post
    When I was at school there was usually only one fat child in a class of over 30, and that child would have been especially greedy and lazy and that child would have been teased. None of us ate a 'special healthy diet' or anything like that- we all had chips and sweets and the usual processed junk - the difference is, we were always active, running around or making things rather than frying our brains with television or video games.
    Hop on over the pond and you'll get a completely different perspective. Over here the fat kid has taken over that class.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 18th, 2012 @ 03:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Ireland, Scotland
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I doubt 'body building' was ever part of PE
    It was in my high school, it was called weightlifting.

Regarding the topic in an age when most kids spend their time at home playing video games and that sitting all day has negative health effects

Physical Education is now more important than ever.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    15 Minutes Ago @ 07:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    636 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefo View Post
    What is more important then our physical health?
    [...]
    Physical fitness is your well being, it directly relates to whether you live a long healthy life. What could be more important then that?
    It is useless unless it is utilized in a constructive manner. Still, the importance of physical health and long life span is not the question here.

In our society, education is billed as the number one priority over everything else really. Which is completely retarded.
    Second to financial success, I agree. We are putting young children, full of energy, far too long behind a desk, where they're supposed to sit still for hours on end every day, for years and years, having the [more or less] same curiculum regurgitated before them, over and over. Most of the information they gather is a mixture of egalitarian, marxist indoctrination and completely useless garbage that they have absolutely no use for the second they step out from the class room and forget in a few years anyway. There is no way that this is an effective way of preparing our young generations for their future challanges in life, but I suppose that is a different topic all-together.

If kids are indoctrinated with REAL physical fitness (not just some shitty recess for 30 minutes of play) as well as REAL nutritional eating habits, from the time they start school, to the time they reach adult hood, the obesity epidemic would probably be unheard of as it was 200 years ago.
    That may be. But my point is that I don't like the idea of anybody other than myself having the power of indoctrination over my own children.

You can not expect parents to be sole responsible for this. Why? Because most parents are fat and out of shape themselves and eat like shit. They are going to do what easiest to shut their kid up. They are going to stuff a McDonald's big mac in their kids mouth to keep him happy so they don't have deal with any difficulties....
    Which is exactly why I'm blaming the parents. They decided to give life to their children, but neglected their responsibilities of raising them to master the abilities of self-restraint and choosing beneficial, constructive solutions for themselves.

With Burger king and McDonald's on every corner, its never going to happen. society's as a whole and schools have to change from the bottom up before you will see any change in parents.
    And most parents are indeed a part of this 'bottom' level where the change has got to begin.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Last Online
    Saturday, August 11th, 2012 @ 01:53 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Precisely, there are loads of excuses these days for the overweight and obese population. It boils down to pure laziness, lack of willpower, and low self-esteem. The processed and junk food doesn't help, but reasonable physical activity and sensible food choices coupled with restraint of portion-size will do wonders.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, April 27th, 2012 @ 06:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Lowlands
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    low self-esteem.
    I think children esteem themselves rather highly nowadays. Have you ever walked past a band of chavs (or their American equivalent) on a street corner? A lot of cheek and arrogance there that just didn't exist when I was younger. If I had my way I'd clobber the lot of the little gits, knock their unwarranted self-esteem down a few notches.

It's the nature of yoof to be nihilistic, and given a free rein -- as all chavs are, which is why they are such horrid little buggers, as human nature inclines them to be -- this nature will engulf any normal child's whole being and tincture everything he does. Hence the carefree junk guzzling and disregard for health (what kid who isn't a freak cares about that?) liberated from any parental check. It's what every normal child wants to do. Chalking it up to a 'lack of willpower' is superfluous, because no child has it. Every kiddie without guidance would be a street-corner loitering chav.

I'd rather all guidance children receive come from the home than any from some indifferent institution whose only concern is to churn out obedient little lemmings who'll go through life reciting the correct answers but never asking any questions. So I really couldn't care less what schools do, they're all rubbish. It's how the family operates that matters, and if you've got a society of low-quality dreck you're going to have low-quality dreck families which beget yet more low-quality dreck members of society. And so on. Nauseatingly.

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 04:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    That may be. But my point is that I don't like the idea of anybody other than myself having the power of indoctrination over my own children.
    You may not like it but that is the way it is and has always been. Schools do have the power to influence children, in a positive or negative way depending on who rule society and decide how schools are used, and that is why it is so important that the school system is not corrupt and not pushes an anti-white, leftist/liberal and multicultural agenda.

Schools should be a place where children are taught the value of healthy, nourishing food and are taught the importance of physical fitness as well as mental, since far from everyone comes from a good, caring home environment and many are taught bad eating habits at home.

For the same reason they should teach children good values and morals, and encourage the development of good integrity and self-discipline.

Schools should be a good complement to responsible parenting - not an opposition to it. Schools could and should be a help to parents, something positive, and now instead they seem more and more to be a tool for those who seek to weaken us in every way imaginable.

Schools need to become the traditional and responsible learning institutes they once were - not a genocide tool of the cultural Marxists.

Bad parenting is a fundamental problem but so are the schools. Both will influence children, like it or not, and both need to instill good values and a useful education in children.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    15 Minutes Ago @ 07:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    636 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freja_se View Post
    You may not like it but that is the way it is and has always been.
    No, it's not. Western civilization thrived for millennia without coercive, educational institutions. Children inherited the world view and knowledge of their close family members who raised them from break of day till dawn, with the influence of the local community. They didn't put their children in kindergartens at the age of 3, where they spent the majority of their waking hours each day, being taught and raised by virtually complete strangers, of whom the parents have little to no control over what dogmas and morals are passing on to their child. After that, it's on to elementary school, and then further education, and so on... By the time the child has reached adulthood, one really needs to ask what proportion of the actual upbringing was received from the parents? Frightening little, I fear.

Schools do have the power to influence children, in a positive or negative way depending on who rule society and decide how schools are used, and that is why it is so important that the school system is not corrupt and push an anti-white, leftist, liberal and multicultural agenda.
    Well, such a vision is far into the future, in any case. I think the only option for European and White Nationalists who wants to raise their children according to their own beliefs and morals, will either have to home school them or send them to a private school with a somewhat unconflicting agenda and guidelines. To my knowledge, the latter is not in existence in any White country.

Schools should be a good complement to responsible parenting - not an opposition to it. Schools could and should be a help to parents, something positive, [...]
    Nevertheless, schooling must inevitably exist at the cost of parenting, by compromising its importance and role in the child's life. And I cannot for the life of me understand why someone thinks it is beneficial for a small child to be taken away from their parents and family, and put in a class room. What little useful information they learn there, could easily have been taught by their own parents. More specialized academic pursuits can ensue later in life.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 04:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    No, it's not. Western civilization thrived for millennia without coercive, educational institutions.

Well, let us stay in this era, at least. I think the education system is very important and something to hold on to and fight for. But it needs changes.

Most children lacked good education before the modern school system, and many were deprived of the possibility of a future that education will give them. I hardly think that is an ideal to strive for.

They didn't put their children in kindergartens at the age of 3, where they spent the majority of their waking hours each day, being taught and raised by virtually complete strangers,

Well, that is another issue.

The present system which pushes mothers to work even if they want to stay home with the children is wrong. It is very hard for an ordinary family with children today to survive on one income. Especially in Scandinavia women are encouraged to work, not to stay home.

of whom the parents have little to no control over what dogmas and morals are passing on to their child.

If we want an education system outside the home that is always the case. That is why we need to restore the traditional school system, as I said.

After that, it's on to elementary school, and then further education, and so on... By the time the child has reached adulthood, one really needs to ask what proportion of the actual upbringing was received from the parents? Frightening little, I fear.

Not true. It is very possible to get a very good upbringing at home and at the same time get a good moral compass and a thorough education at school. Schools were not always ruled by cultural Marxists.

Schools enforce the agenda of those ruling society, the politicians and so forth. They are as good or as bad as you make them.

Well, such a vision is far into the future, in any case.
    Well, so is education that is home based, and much more so.

I think the only option for European and White Nationalists who wants to raise their children according to their own beliefs and morals, will either have to home school them or send them to a private school with a somewhat unconflicting agenda and guidelines.
    A child should always be raised by the parents.

The fact that the school will influence them also is something which is inevitable.

Homeschooling and private schools are unrealistic options for many people today, Nationalists or not.

What is of greater interest is the school system from a large perspective since that is what will have the greatest impact on society, and that needs to change so it better reflects a traditional and Nationalistic society and culture.

Nevertheless, schooling must inevitably exist at the cost of parenting, by compromising its importance and role in the child's life. And I cannot for the life of me understand why someone thinks it is beneficial for a small child to be taken away from their parents and family, and put in a class room.
    Very small children belong within the family. When they are a little older they are ready to begin school and the education will gradually get more advanced.

Quite frankly, I doubt that all parents are qualified to give the same kind of educational quality as a good professional learning institue can give.

I don't want to destroy our school system, I want to restore it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123