Quote Originally Posted by Ocko View Post
To be honest someone who says Christianity has nothing to do with Jewish religion is pretty much off.
Fortunately I have never made that statement.

But I did state that in 2000 years there have been way more Non Jewish Christan's than
Jewish Christians. And a great percentage of them were in fact Germanic, because of the area where Christianity spread.

In the end he did not fight the Sanhedrin but agreed to their laws, knowing he had broken them.
I think Jesus would have agreed with a Pre Roman Sanhedrin, but I don't think he ever agreed with the ones of his day. Mute point anyway because the Romans came in and finished them off in 70 AD or so.
That would include most of the Jewish Roman collaborators in the Bible. There is some pretty convincing archaeological evidence that guys like Caiaphas ended up paying the ultimate price even though these events are not recorded in the Bible.

where did Jesus say what he tried to accomplished was not for Jews but for other nations?
Not Sure!
There are NO Germanic people recorded in the Bible as far as I know. Any Non-Jewish people are generally Romans, Greeks or other Mediterraneans.

Heathenry is different than that what is written in the bible. (How much Christians actually follow the bible is another question). the bible is Jewish and has been written for Jews. It has nothing to do with germanics. It is about the Jewish expectation of a saviour and the split among Jews who believed thatJesus was their Saviour and others who did not belief so.
Ok I will grant you that one.

Later, when it became clear, that the Messias Plot did not work with Jews. His followers allegedly looked somewhere else for 'believers'. Their trick was to convert the non-Jews into Jews before they were accepted as Christians. Which means people who are Christians are Jews.
I'm not sure what “Plot” you are talking about, last time I looked it was Paul and others that opened the door to non-jewish populations. As far as Germanic's go, early Pagans probably simply added Jesus to the list of other gods they were already doing.

But I think the question here is “Can a Germanic become a Jew?” and the answer is most likely yes.

The reason being that even in the OT it is pointed out that not all the “Jews” in the exodus were actually of Abraham's decent, meaning large numbers of them were probably Egyptian. Although all of them would have been Semites.