Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Recreations of Frisians, Racially Accurate?

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 04:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Frisian, Saxon
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Politics
    Frisian nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    But BroBro, even though the Frisian stereotypical build is a quite robust one, you cannot deny that there are also slender types among us, namely Nordids and to a lesser degree Atlantids.

Like in all Germanic lands, there are Cromagnids (broadly featured), Aurignacids (gracile, narrower featured) and mixtures thereof in Frisia. Both can have a very Frisian look, because what is making someone look specific for one region, is often the soft parts, the details in ones phenotype.
    Bûter, brea en griene tsiis
    Wa't dat net sizze kin is gjin oprjochte Fries!

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 @ 09:53 AM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Predominately Frisian
    Country
    Frisia Frisia
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Married
    Religion
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybren View Post
    I don't think Famke Janssen is thát exotic looking. Sure, she is not a stereotypical looking Frisian, but neither am i and i have practically exclusive Frisian (aside from some Saxon) ancestry.

Famke does have unusual eyes for a Frisian, i have to admit. But every population has some atypical examples and this is not something which you can base conclusions on like "he or she is not fully this or that" on.

Famke strikes me as being Atlantid with quite a tendency to Atlanto-Mediterranid by the way. Nothing about her strikes me as non-Europid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocko View Post
    fame Janssen does not look Frisian. she looks club med.

Frisian do look differently and identifiably so.

I am not aware that Frisians have their own type in the racial typology but different they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocko View Post
    I know the types BroBro showed in the pictures and I am familiar with them.

f. Janssen does not fit among them, she is obviously different and that means she is not of the Frisian type.
    I believe that Famke Janssen is only considered a Frisian by some because her first name means "Girl" in Frisian. A generic term like girl, is not a traditional name for Frisian speakers. Janssen is also not a Frisian lastname. Janssen was also not born in Friesland.

I have never seen any background heritage on her other than her birthplace, and the meaning of her first name. I believe the fact that her first name is a Frisian word, but not a ethnic Frisian name , has led some mainstream media members to call her Frisian.

The thread was to identify Frisians that most closely resembled the ancient descriptions of Frisians, 1000 and 2000 years ago. During a time Frisians emerged after being isolated from other tribes due to growing expansion.

No doubt the original Frisians were a small band of closely related people, a tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    According to Carleton S. Coon in The Race of Europe:The skulls of these old Saxons, old Hanoverians, and old Frisians differ in a number of ways from those of other Nordics which we have studied. They arc larger than the Aunjetitz group and the Danes, and in fact any other series of Indo-European speakers that we have met, except the Norwegians. They lack the low vault and sloping forehead common to the earlier Nordics of Denmark, the Gauls, and the Scyths.
    The vault is moderately high; while the cranial index is on the border of dolicho- and mesocephaly. Compared with the other Nordics, the forehead is relatively straight, the browridges are greater, the muscular markings more pronounced, the cranial base wider, the face longer and somewhat wider.

The type represented by these three groups and by the Visigoths seems to be a variant of the Nordic type to which the early Indo-European speakers belonged. Its difference is one of size, and it appears to have attained this distinction through a mixture, in southern Scandinavia and Germany, between the older local population, consisting of a combination of Megalithic, Corded, and Borreby elements, and the purely Nordic Danish Iron Age group.
    The resultant type approaches in some respects, but does not even approximate in size, the coastal Norwegian population which we have already studied, and it deviates far less from the central European Nordic than does the Norwegian group.

This physical type is accompanied by tall[at the time TROE was written, due to differing nutrition] stature, of about 170 cm., and by a considerable heaviness and robusticity of the long bones. The bodily build was clearly heavier and thicker set than that of the previously studied Nordics.
    That it was characteristically blond[note that blond in an anthropological sense runs down to medium brown hair] is attested by the pigmentation of living examples as well as by numerous early descriptions.
    This type, being a mixed variety of central European Nordic combined with old northwestern European elements, is not a true Nordic in the sense in which the word has been used in this work, and its common and exclusive designation as Nordic in popular parlance as in scientific works is responsible for much of the confusion prevalent in the identification of that racial type today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelcynn Beorn View Post
    When was this?

I'm curious because i've always heard that Frisian people were typical of the UP-Nordic mix that forms the basis for most of the population in the North Germany-Netherlands region.
    Many Modern people are really a varying mixture of tribes that were within a nation. So, much of what we see is really a combination of older tribes settled into an area and assimilated under an empire.

The Frisians were historically described as visually unique from their neighboring counterparts.

Reading historical accounts we know that the Frisians did indeed have their own distinct subset.

The Dutch, are typically Franks, which the empire expanded and collided with the Frisians, The Frisians tried to resist but in the end the Franks, were more powerful and ultimately succeeded.

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 09:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germans, Hungarians, Slavs
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Democratic National-Conservativ
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BroBro View Post

An uncommonly Germanic type girl for an Azerbaijani, central Asian. I would believe she was Frisian before Famke Janssen, by visual identification.

Dear Wulfaz,

I never posted a picture of a polish person.

Dear BroBro, I have some bad news for you.

http://www.golyr.de/gosia-andrzejewicz/fotos-57284.html

Quote Originally Posted by celticviking View Post
    Gosia Andrzejewicz has been classified as West Baltid by many including Agrippa.
    There is a 4 pages here, I can't be bothered reading all of them.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35707

You hate Dutch Atlantid Famke but yet you like Polish and West Baltic people.
    Trying to say that Famke is an ugly Middle Eastern or Gypsy just because she has brown hair and brown eyes and that Gosia looks like a beautiful Frisian just because she has blue eyes. I think you are trolling BroBro .

Sigurd told that this girl is mostly Baltid. I told too. What is your problem?

By the way the Afrocity members use to classify every exotic influenced sicilian as viking, thus that site is not the best source, I think.

Where is the sentence where I wrote that Famke is ugly or gypsy? Why do you give word in my mouth?

I never speak about Famke, however now I am seeing more pictures about her and I can tell you, she has quite typicall eastern face. She would be fit in Spain, Italy, Ukraine, Bulgaria or the Middle-East. The romans and other earlier conquerors left own mediterranean genes in the NW Europe, however she looks absolutely East-Mediterranean for me, side by side I am not friesian of course.

Furthermore many Alpinid, Dinarid german have dark hair and brown eyes, thus it is quite ridiculous, that you refer these feautres as "gypsy" trait.

Probably the exotic traits are distinguishable easily with light pigmentatios as the blond, blue-eyed lapps' traits or these albino individuals:

Connie Chiu, albino chinese:

Albino negros:

Now I am thinking that you trolling me, dear celtic wiking.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Predominately Frisian
    Country
    Frisia Frisia
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Married
    Religion
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dear Wulfaz,

It seems from your writing that you do not comprehend English very well. I don't understand your statement about "Celtic Wiking" trolling you.

I also don't understand why you think I thought you said Famke looks like she may have some Gypsy ancestry. I said that, I also said that Famke does not have a Frisian last name, her first name is a Frisian word, not a proper name, and I have never heard her claim to be a Frisian.

I think you are confused.

You also say you don't know Frisians, you are not of Frisian stock, and have never been around them. You also don't seem to understand what you are reading in the thread very well either.

I am not trying to hurt your feelings, but your comprehension is not very good.

I will say it again, the thread began as a a discussion on computer generated recreations of Frisians for Beowulf.

We were talking about what old-stock Frisians back in the days of a greater Frisia were supposed to have looked like according to historical accounts.

Many modern people today exhibit a blend of looks from different ancestral tribes.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Predominately Frisian
    Country
    Frisia Frisia
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Married
    Religion
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well anyhow....

In real life, the place I am going to return to today.

In real life...The vast majority of Frisians don't feel a strong connection with Southern Germans, or Austrians, or even their arch nemesis the Groninger.

In real life, if you went into Groningen and and started waving a Frisian flag you would get your butt kicked.

In real life, Frisians go where they think they can do well for themselves, be it a Germanic country or not.

I think right now, the vast majority of Europeans are against Muslim, and other third world invasion. We are all united in the fact we don't want our countries inveded by Muslims, Jews, or Africans, etc.

Some people feel a strong love for Italy and Italian culture, and a very few say that France is so lovely. Alot of Frisians like to go to Spain and have no problems having a good time there.

My family liked living in California, better than Friesland, they liked the dry sunny climate.

But wherever we go, we are still who we are, and sometimes we get surprised and run into other Frisians there. We many or may not get along with these other Frisians.

I think my brother is the biggest douche in the world, and he is a Frisian. I do however, notice on average a little different personality or mentality among Frisians, but it is not all the same.

Oh well, I need to take break from all this and get back to my duties on the farm. My Frisian husband hates me spending too much time on the internet away from my Frisian family and Frisian Holsteins. lol

Last Online
    Thursday, March 1st, 2012 @ 07:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    National Capitalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Many Modern people are really a varying mixture of tribes that were within a nation. So, much of what we see is really a combination of older tribes settled into an area and assimilated under an empire.

The Frisians were historically described as visually unique from their neighboring counterparts.

Reading historical accounts we know that the Frisians did indeed have their own distinct subset.
    Yes i understand that, people of all Nations differ both amongst themselves, and when compared to others. It is natural variation.

But i don't see how that answers the question i asked. You have said that Frisians were identified as having a different skeletal type, and that historically they were described as unique looking compared to their neighbours.

Who described them as having a different skeletal type, and who described them as looking unique compared to their neighbours?

Thank you in advance.
    I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger.
    I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night.
    Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power!
    I AM BEOWULF!

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 05:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The People of Friesland and Groningen

Above (Upper)(Couple One): Thirty two samples were taken across the province of Friesland. Their photographs were taken and combined to produce morphotypes. Presented are the average Friesian male (L) and average Friesian female (R).
    Above (Lower)(Couple Two): Thirty two samples were taken across the province of Groningen. Their photographs were taken and combined to produce morphotypes. Presented are the average Groninger male (L) and average Groninger female (R).

The facial reconstructions of Friesian males enclosed within the first post do appear to be far more pigmented than the Frisian mean. Having browsed through family photographs taken in Harlingen/Harns, a significant portion of the local population appears to be Borreby and Nordeby. North Atlantids, robust Nordids and to a lesser extent, Alpinids also appear to inhabit the area.

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    New Zealand European
    Ancestry
    English, Scottish, Icelandic, Scandinavian, Irish
    Subrace
    Hallstatt Keltic Nordid
    Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Elvish monarch
    Religion
    Norse Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Where is the sentence where I wrote that Famke is ugly or gypsy? Why do you give word in my mouth?

I never speak about Famke, however now I am seeing more pictures about her and I can tell you, she has quite typicall eastern face. She would be fit in Spain, Italy, Ukraine, Bulgaria or the Middle-East. The romans and other earlier conquerors left own mediterranean genes in the NW Europe, however she looks absolutely East-Mediterranean for me, side by side I am not friesian of course.Now I am thinking that you trolling me, dear celtic wiking.
    I wasn't talking about you, I just used the picture you quoted.
    I was talking about Bro Bro comparing Frisians to Georgians and Muslims and posting art works of the blonde lady. I already said that.

Quote Originally Posted by celticviking View Post
    Never said it was wrong, just when you compare Dutch and Frisians to Georgians and then compare other Dutch to Gypsy or Arabs or Indians, it is stupid. Saying someone looks Non white like that when everyone else is is disagreeing with you. Like I said some people think Colin Farrell and Kiera Knight look Asian when they fit into Atlantid.
    Eye colour doesn't really matter when classify them ether.
    You can't really know what ancient Germanic, Celtic(There are threads about Dark Swarthy Iberians and red haired Pict) , Roman( In threads some say Black hair others say blonde(because of Germanic people in Northern Italy) or what Greeks looked like. Some Vikings had black hair and according to Homer,the Greek Achilles had red hair. Someone here asked what do Vikings look like and I remember someone said look in the mirror well same goes for Frisian. If you want to see a Frisians, look in the mirror.
    There are all there threads on every forum about what do Vikings look like, Pict look like, Ancient Celtic look like, Roman look like, Greek look like.
    We can't time travel and take real photo so we don't know what they used to look like. We only have a few quotes and art work which isn't enough proof. There are a few black and white photo of Frisians but they may not be what the Ancient Frisians looked like. You can be proud of your heritage but there are no real photo of what Old stock Frisians from 3rd- 5th centuries looked like. The best you can really do now is look in the mirror and at other modern day Frisian people and take pictures and compare them to each other, art work and pictures of famous modern day Frisians.
    No one can time travel and take pictures of ancient Frisians.

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 10:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Polity capitated per constituent
    Religion
    a priori dialectic thelema/odal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    The People of Friesland and Groningen

Off topic: but I'd love this technology for phenotypes applied to groups of people based on their autosomnal DNA marker similarities. I'd be a way, nay: the only way, to pin-point the origin of traits to find the first truly modern scientific anthropological taxonomy.

Race groups would have their genetic SNPs & STRs found for what subrace or ethnic group truly gave origin/rise to 'that nose' or 'that chin' or 'that kind of downward slanted cheekbone'. etc. etc. a priceless endeavor. Hopefully this'll be done once full genomic individual testing comes down to the price of only of hundreds of dollars and millions of people have contributed to a database that can be reflected upon.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345