View Poll Results: Why are you single?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • I haven't found the right person yet. (I'm still looking).

70 51.85%
  • Traumatic experiences with past relationships. (I've decided not to look anymore).

5 3.70%
  • I want to focus on my career or studies.

11 8.15%
  • I don't like being tied down/I'm only into casual relationships.

4 2.96%
  • My significant other passed away and I don't wish to replace him/her with anyone.

3 2.22%
  • I'm asexual or genuinely not interested in relationships.

7 5.19%
  • I consider myself too ugly, etc. to be in a relationship.

9 6.67%
  • I consider myself too selfish and prefer being on my own.

7 5.19%
  • Other (Specify please).

19 14.07%
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Why Are You Single?

Last Online
    Sunday, March 8th, 2020 @ 03:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Environmentalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    A combination or Traumatic experiences with past relationships and I want to focus on my career or studies. I come from a place where I've witnessed the effects of an abusive relationship first hand. Unfortunately, my mother allowed herself to be abused because she didn't value herself highly enough. It was only when he started to do the same to me that she finally heard the alarm bells. Thankfully, this man is out of our lives today, however the scars are still there. Before I enter something permanent, I wish to be as independent as I can. I don't want to find myself in that place where I am stranded and financially dependent on someone who abuses me.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mother Earth For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Saturday, August 22nd, 2020 @ 07:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    I haven’t found the right person yet. Most women my age don’t share the same values as I do, and seem most interested in casual sex.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British/German/French
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    National Folk Faith ;)
    Politics
    Ethno-Nationalist
    Religion
    Pagan/Christian/UU
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    I wrote "Other".

I should have married the girl I went to university with. I stupidly thought we should break-up because she was Christian (I claimed to be nothing/a pagan) and a bleeding heart liberal type (I claimed to be conservative). She also started putting on weight, but it really wasn't that much. In hindsight, I'd be just fine with all of it. She married someone else.

Then I dated this skinny hot looking gothic-punk girl (with the colored hair, and cool outfits) I met at a Paul Fromm (far-right) meeting. It was awesome for a while. Eventually it didn't work - she was raised Christian, but turned to nothingness and claimed to be schizophrenic partially as a result of the nothingness. She had a wicked temper she'd release on anyone. I got off lucky (we remain facebook friends) ... she remains single to this day despite being quite attractive, and had a couple of miscarriages with some guys (she described horrible scenes in hospitals) and I remember her telling me she never wanted kids, and that with enough cocaine and booze, a miscarriage can happen. Forget it then. She also started claiming she had Injun ancestry and pulled a 180 politically - ridiculous.

Then I met a fantastic Christian racial conservative girl and we've dated on and off for the last three years, except she smokes (indoors), and lives with her disabled mother who also smokes indoors. We bluffed each other: her about quitting, and me about being able to live with it full-time. I bought them vapes, swedish snus, nicotine lozenges - they wouldn't convert. The smoking is integral to their being. So that's a wrap for good (people shouldn't bother with bluffing/false advertising/hoping for unrealistic change).

Now, it's back to the drawing board. I'll try to date again in the summer, but I'm getting close to 40 so I've essentially blown my chances. Too much school and nonsense. (We all want adventure, but try not to lose too much time in life, and when you have something that can work, even though it may not be the most exciting relationship, try to stay with it. Be happy with what you have ... there's more to life than having "the partner of your dreams" anyways ... focus on career and hobbies, and choose the partner who's nice, and sitting there in front of you. If only I had a time machine ... lol.)
    We need a reservation system for our people and our own ethnic-nationalist faith, where we'll have sermons about our people and nations, real history, science, philosophy, etc., in addition to our older religions. Throw in some open bar nights, comedy club hours, music and dance, etc., and it'll be a cracker barrel of good times lol.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Smithwick For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 4th, 2021 @ 04:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Dacian & German
    Óđins mćr
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coillearnach View Post
    Wait - is this the same guy from your 20s through to your 30s? I sincerely hope not...
    Well... for me love never dies... and if it dies, then it's that either that was not true love, or something terrible happened to make it die. Love can also transform into deeper friendship, but that's still a form of love.
    So yes, it's the same guy. When I firstly declared my love to him, in my 20's, he was in a relationship already, not an open one. So I moved over, keeping him only as a friend. Then I became closer and closer to another man, who became my partner and who was my partner for many years... But since that relationship with my partner turned into close friendship only and it's not possible to be more than that anymore... I am available again now. This man also ended his previous relationship a while ago... but now... it's a bit more complicated.

you're in luck - there's a whole sea of others, some of which are going to actually want you for you and vice versa
    Well... thanks! My previous partner actually said the same thing to me just recently, that there's enough fish in the pond for me to find another partner... but really... I don't see things like that! For me it's about destined partners, karmic meetings, soul mates... how you want to put it... So even if there's a whole sea of others, or enough fish in the pond... I believe there are only a few (being optimistic) which would be a good match for me, and me for them! Some people get into relationships without love... I tried that once, I felt terrible about the whole thing, so that kind of relationship, without love, isn't for me. And also, besides love, there are some other things too needed for a relationship to actually function... without partners destroying each other. Some people, unfortunately, are not supposed to be in relationships... simply because they don't know how to behave in such situations, causing harm to their partners and also to themselves. Better to avoid that too! So... who knows... Now I'm into this man... usually it takes me, on average, more than one year to be able to move over... Who knows... I wish in a couple of months from now I'll post here that I'm now in a happy couple relationship, with that guy, eventually! Who knows? Life can be full of surprises...

I don't mean this harshly, but this situation really needs therapy, the tune of your relationship posts overwhelmingly seem to be you choosing men who are either actually unavailable or who have made themselves unavailable for you - a lot of the time this kind of toxic behavioral pattern stems from deep-seated issues revolving around self-worth that haven't been dealt with properly (but they can be dealt with & they should!) There's no shame in getting help.
    Interesting, thanks again! Any other suggestions related to these? I am open to read and get any possible help! Self-worth... yes... I see your point here and I think you might be right about it! I also recall some older posts of mine from this board, which obviously emphasize my lack of self-worth back then, but I don't want to dig into these now (better not)! When I re-read my own posts I just realized my own words, from many years ago, just turned against me... so my attitude needed a transformation! So... I'm working on it!
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Víđálfr View Post
    I just had that problem too, recently, being in love with a man who still considers me "too young" for him!!! When I was in my 20's I was "too young", and even now when in my 30's he still considers me "too young". Not fair. Indeed I had a shock when I firstly find out his age, while being in my 20's, but I still loved him, regardless his age. Well, hope dies last. I hope he will accept me as his partner regardless my age, while I'm still in my 30's. I really wish to be with that man!!!
    Is there a large age difference between you? Maybe he doesn't want to be with you because he feels he would steal away your youth. Some people don't enter age gap relationships because they feel guilty about such things. The older he gets, the more difficult it might be to convince him otherwise. Although who knows, when some people get older they start to enjoy others youth more, as it makes them feel younger themselves.

I wouldn't wait around for a man, especially not as a young woman. You could be losing your chance to happiness while you dream about this man. Unless of course you enjoy singlehood.

As for me, I'm one of those people who enjyos both relationships and singlehood. Marriage isn't really my thing though, I don't want to be tied down.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sól For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Albion.
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    State
    New York New York
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Let's Go Brandon!
    Politics
    Republicanism, tradition.
    Religion
    Roman Catholic.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    I speak as a member of Gen-X. I was born in the late '70s (1976), came of age in the '80s and early '90s.

The post-millenials, i.e. the Gen-Z+ crowd, are our (Gen-X) kids, nieces and nephews.
    'Militia est vita hominis super terram [The life of man upon earth is a warfare] (Job 7:1).'

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Primus For This Useful Post:

6th army lives matter
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,554 Posts
    In my view, a minority of people are entirely unsuitable for relationships by definition at the best of times - and now we go through the worst of times - the masses, made up of people who would be entirely fine marrying and rearing children in the right socio-economic environment are pretty much doomed these days. They're signing up for serial disaster.

I didn't know this as a young man, I had to discover this for myself, but relationships bore me to death - irrespective of the woman I'm with. I belong to that minority mentioned above; the notion of spending all my time with someone and growing old with them makes me feel claustrophobic and that's without diving into the question of feminism & the state of millennial women or the financial/economic side of a relationship. It doesn't even matter for me personally, my specific case, I prefer to be single and celibate. I don't believe in the voodoo of starsigns, but apparently my starsign (Gemini) is ill suited for relationships. Just throwing that out there. Either way, I've learned being easily bored certainly negatively affects a relationship; being in a successful relationship requires a kind of singlemindedness I simply don't possess - and tons of planning years ahead I can also do without, prefering to seize the day instead. Nor am I able to always put the relationship and the other person's interests first. An honest assessment.

That's not to say that if I had been married that I would've ever ended the marriage or would've cheated or that I wasn't invested (in my own way) in the relationships I had or that I didn't love the women I was with - but in retrospective, none of it ever stood a chance of making it passed the two year marker. Hence they are bullets I dodged - and not just me - but the wife/children I could've had, provided she would've been marriage material, which is a big question mark. I don't miss anything either - although I do feel bad about not being able to procreate; not for myself, I'm better off eternally single and without such a crushing responsibility given my own predispositions - although I'm great with children - but for the sake of the Dutch nation and for the Germanic race; that bugs me, yet I have to accept it and I do.

Two weeks ago I found out that another niece of mine divorced - one of many, only one nephew and one niece still remain married - sad, a real gutshot. And the reason makes it extra sad, a typical millennial debacle. "He (44) was too invested in his hobby" (he runs a club which plays Subbeteo), she (37) said - even though she was rarely home in the last two years herself, always taking language courses in the evenings. They have two kids: two girls, a 9 year old and a 13 year old. It's revolting.

My father and I spoke about it, and even though I never brought up MGTOW around him and he has no idea whatsoever about my take on relationships, he empathically stated he was glad I never married nor made children and avoided all the misery that comes with divorce - I totally agreed with him and said I regularly thank my lucky stars I came out of the last two decades unscathed as he made it clear he wouldn't marry nor become a father in today's environment either. A magical dad-son moment as far as I'm concerned.

There's nothing grandiose about it, but I'm glad I made the right life choices when I was younger & foolish and thus increased the chances of saving my soul in the process.
    “As brothers and sisters we knew instinctively that if we were going to stand in darkness, best we stand in a darkness we had made ourselves.” - Douglas Coupland

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    21 Hours Ago @ 05:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Swiss-German
    Subrace
    Mostly Hallstatt, some UP
    Single adult
    Politics
    to every man a woman of his race
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    It's extremely difficult to find a Nordid single woman after high school. Even in Sweden. Even single mothers. Even going waaay out of your way to meet them.

It's even more difficult to persuade them to be with you over an endless list of normie men who have more in common with her and are constantly making advances.

Meanwhile, the increasing number of migrants makes it harder for me to even do normal things like shopping groceries or walking on the street. I can't even wash my head as most ingredients for such products are from SE Asia. Get the picture?

Doesn't matter how disciplined, knowledgeable and virtuous you are, even surpassing all of your ancestors. A fish can't swim in outer space.

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 02:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German; Scot-Irish; Scandinavian
    Country
    Married
    Occupation
    Free Lance
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    I can only suggest if people want to marry that it takes lots of patience to find a life partner. I think starting with what you share and have in common automatically builds up a foundation with less conflicts or struggles. The pillars are being honest to each other from the start and mutual caring. From my experience, it's difficult to find a caring and open person. Dating is easy but maintaining a long healthy relationship is a different matter.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Winterland For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    21 Hours Ago @ 05:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Swiss-German
    Subrace
    Mostly Hallstatt, some UP
    Single adult
    Politics
    to every man a woman of his race
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterland View Post
    I can only suggest if people want to marry that it takes lots of patience to find a life partner. I think starting with what you share and have in common automatically builds up a foundation with less conflicts or struggles. The pillars are being honest to each other from the start and mutual caring. From my experience, it's difficult to find a caring and open person. Dating is easy but maintaining a long healthy relationship is a different matter.
    If you are a woman.