View Poll Results: Why are you single?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • I haven't found the right person yet. (I'm still looking).

    70 52.24%
  • Traumatic experiences with past relationships. (I've decided not to look anymore).

    5 3.73%
  • I want to focus on my career or studies.

    11 8.21%
  • I don't like being tied down/I'm only into casual relationships.

    4 2.99%
  • My significant other passed away and I don't wish to replace him/her with anyone.

    3 2.24%
  • I'm asexual or genuinely not interested in relationships.

    7 5.22%
  • I consider myself too ugly, etc. to be in a relationship.

    8 5.97%
  • I consider myself too selfish and prefer being on my own.

    7 5.22%
  • Other (Specify please).

    19 14.18%
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 337

Thread: Why Are You Single?

  1. #141
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    renownedwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 02:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Location
    Wales
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathenry
    Posts
    815
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    That story about your grandparents exactly mirrors my own, inseparable from age five up until my grandfathers death sixty odd years later. Five kids too so I don't think it was just friendship keeping it together lol!

  2. #142
    Pining for a Mythical Past
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Sehnsucht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Online
    Monday, May 16th, 2016 @ 02:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Welsh, Scottish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Gender
    Politics
    Nationalism, Pro Brexit
    Posts
    487
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    My two sets of grandparents, death till they part even though they hate each other.

  3. #143
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Sjoerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 02:45 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Canadian
    Ancestry
    Friesland, Norway, Denmark
    Subrace
    Trřnder
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Carpenter/ Craftsman
    Posts
    257
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    64
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodericus View Post

    I think it's best we just remain virtuous men and see if a worthy partner of the opposite sex comes along. If I lower my standards and/or morals just to get with someone for the sake of not being made to feel awkward at social gatherings because I'm still single, I'm doing it wrong.
    Well said! I completely agree.

  4. #144
    Extended Moderation
    DNA Metaphysician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 9th, 2012 @ 04:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Location
    Oceanside and Temecula
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    USMC
    Politics
    Natural Selection
    Religion
    Behold the Inner Flame
    Posts
    10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've never been single in my life really... If you're single you just need to get out more really and stop making excuses behind your computer. You could even find girls online pretty easy.

  5. #145
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Sjoerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 02:45 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Canadian
    Ancestry
    Friesland, Norway, Denmark
    Subrace
    Trřnder
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Carpenter/ Craftsman
    Posts
    257
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    64
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA Metaphysician View Post
    I've never been single in my life really... If you're single you just need to get out more really and stop making excuses behind your computer. You could even find girls online pretty easy.
    ...........lol wut

  6. #146
    Senior Member
    feisty goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 @ 06:22 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    European-American, mostly Germanic
    Subrace
    Reduced Borreby
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Age
    27
    Family
    single adult
    Occupation
    College student
    Politics
    Capitalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Posts
    1,312
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearkinder View Post
    The counter argument for females is just as valid.
    There is another problem, one you can thank other females for. That's the fact that they tolerate, even enjoy this "genuine masculine behavior" to downright cavemanish ass-grabbing from the brown races, yet if a white man so much as says she's hot, she files a harassment suit against him.

    Much as you may not like it, FG, you're going to have to face the fact that women HAVE to give signals, OVERT signals in response to a white man's advances. We aren't going to risk litigation and losing some or all of what we have to work hard for because some woman wants to play games. Muds? They don't care if they get sued, they'll just get more from whitey, and going to jail/prison is a badge of honor for them, and the mark of Cain for a white.

    All hail feminism!
    Oh poo, you're being Melodramatic. This isn't accurate at all, just something you're imagining. Sounds like you don't really understand women, not that I blame you, for we are difficult creatures. I think you should start by listening to the song, "Genie in a Bottle." A lot of times when a woman says you're not her type this means you're not coming across as appealing to her sensually. You are not exciting to her, because she doesn't think you can give her what she needs. This is why a lot of women go for "bad boys." Realistically, they are not going to give her any more of what she needs, but her senses are telling her they will. How you come across and what you say is very important.

    And that's not what I define as authentically masculine. It has nothing to do with butt grabbing, although a man who knows what he wants and goes after it agressively (but not immorally) and with no hesitation could fit in with this definition. Basically I want someone who is "stable" and classy but doesn't necessarily go along with the mainstream culture. He's down to earth, and appreciates a woman for what she should be, both physically and psychologically. A future bearer of children in need of a man's security and companionship. However, men should also recognize women as more than just wombs and pretty faces and be judged by their spirit and personality and it's important for women to self-actualize and have careers. Men just have to understand their limits. A stable man knows what is right and knows what he wants and goes after it, women are naturally more fickle and less stable with themselves so they can't be judged in the same way. He knows how to schmooze, what's going on, how to dress etc. Because of feminism and how anti-male the culture is, men are usually less "stable" than they should be and I don't mean this in a directly psychological sort of way. More like unsure of themselves and not with a clear understanding of how to interact with people. You have the jocks, the good looking athletic types who are very stable because of their egos/social privileges and then you have the normal ones who suffer because of feminism. Video games, pop culture, ritalin, destruction of the family, and a general anti-male bias are responsible for this emasculation in our culture.
    Under Capitalism man exploits man; under socialism the reverse is true.

  7. #147
    Moderator
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Sigurd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 09:41 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Location
    Einöde in den Alpen
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Posts
    9,135
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    76
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    254
    Thanked in
    150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feisty goddess View Post
    Men just have to understand their limits. A stable man knows what is right and knows what he wants and goes after it
    A stable man has no limits, other than those set by his conscience. As such he naturally knows where to head.

    The crux - for the experiences of both sexes - is, in times that are so clustered with lies, deception and illusion, it is difficult to determine which is which however. One never truly knows the value of someone until push comes to shove, this counts doubly for romantic relationships.

    Many relationships between good girls and bad guys resp. good guys and bad girls keep on persisting is because they have a hard time coming to grips with the fact that the illusion created was false and have a fear of what will happen afterwards. Chances are that in many cases a good guy could help a good girl get out of a relationship with a bad guy; simply that the idea of 'woman-stealing' don't really factor into the mind of a good guy most of the times.

    The good guy-good girl bonding still exists, and many of them meet young and are happy for the rest of their life --- but the impression exists this isn't the case; much for the same reasons a shamed cyclist regardless how successful caught on substances will be better known than a moderately successful one whose methods are always fair.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

    (Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

  8. #148
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    Friday, November 25th, 2016 @ 09:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany Denmark USA
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Health care
    Politics
    National Socialist
    Religion
    Heathen/Asatru
    Posts
    237
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Feisty Goddess, I agree with Barenkinder. Complimenting a woman can get a man in a whole heap of trouble, even if the compliment is harmless such as saying that her dress is pretty. 99 percent of women might like to get compliments but it only takes the one to get a man fired or worse.

    I do agree with you that no man understands women. And I would also add that no woman understands men.
    Das Recht und die Gerechtigkeit haben nur selten miteinander etwas zu tun. Höchstens machen sie winki winki wenn sie aneinander vorbei gehen.
    The Law and Justice have only seldom anything to do with one another. At the most they wave at each other when they pass one another on the street.
    Niemals vergessen. Niemals vergeben.

  9. #149
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Sjoerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 02:45 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Canadian
    Ancestry
    Friesland, Norway, Denmark
    Subrace
    Trřnder
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Carpenter/ Craftsman
    Posts
    257
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    64
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feisty goddess View Post
    Sounds like you don't really understand women, not that I blame you, for we are difficult creatures. I think you should start by listening to the song, "Genie in a Bottle." A lot of times when a woman says you're not her type this means you're not coming across as appealing to her sensually. You are not exciting to her, because she doesn't think you can give her what she needs. This is why a lot of women go for "bad boys." Realistically, they are not going to give her any more of what she needs, but her senses are telling her they will. How you come across and what you say is very important.
    It sounds like you are saying that many women are basically slaves to their neurotic senses and instincts which causes them to place sensual appeal and excitement as the supreme priority above all else. I sure hope this is not the case.

    I have four younger sisters and I have been exposed to many insights into how women think and operate.

    When it comes to this sort of claim, then No...I truly have no idea. It makes no sense as to how a woman will shoot down a stable, responsible, "good" man who can provide for her and a future family just because his first impressions didn't "excite" her and appeal to her senses.

    In a previous post, I mentioned my disdain at a woman who didn't want to go past the "friendship" stage with me and instead started dating a man who is immature and irresponsible. (even to the point of going to jail for petty crime.)

    Well She called me last night. Apparently she caught her Rockstar fella with another woman and for some reason seems to think that I will be there to be her "White Knight" in this time.

    This guy who treated her as just another notch in his belt probably came across as appealing to her senses and now she is reaping the consequences of her bad judgement.

    I don't know what to make of this.

    Let's consult Ms. Christina Aguilera for her groundbreaking wisdom in the song "Genie in a Bottle."

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    C'mon, c'mon
    Oh, yeah
    C'mon, c'mon
    Oh

    I feel like I've been locked up tight
    For a century of lonely nights;
    Waiting for someone
    To release me.
    You're licking your lips and blowing kisses my way,
    But that don't mean I'm gonna give it away;
    Baby, baby, baby.
    (Baby, baby, baby.)

    Oh,
    My body's saying let's go.
    Oh,
    But my heart is saying no.

    If you want to be with me, baby, there's a price to pay.
    I'm a genie in a bottle, you gotta rub me the right way.
    If you want to be with me, I can make your wish come true.
    You gotta make a big impression (oh yeah), gotta like what you do.

    I'm a genie in a bottle, baby.
    Gotta rub me the right way, honey.
    I'm a genie in a bottle, baby,
    Come, come, come on and let me out.

    The music's playing and the lights' down low,
    One more dance and then we're good to go;
    Waiting for someone
    Who needs me.
    Hormones racin' at the speed of light,
    But that don't mean it's gotta be tonight;
    Baby, baby, baby.
    (Baby, baby, baby)

    Oh,
    My body's saying let's go.
    Oh,
    But my heart is saying no.

    If you want to be with me, baby, there's a price to pay.
    I'm a genie in a bottle, (I'm a genie in a bottle) you gotta rub me the right way.
    If you want to be with me, (ooh) I can make your wish come true.
    Come and set me free, baby, and I'll be with you.

    I'm a genie in a bottle, baby.
    Gotta rub me the right way, honey.
    I'm a genie in a bottle, baby,
    Come, come, come on and let me out.

    I'm a genie in a bottle, baby.
    Gotta rub me (if you want to be with me) the right way, honey.
    I'm a genie in a bottle, baby,
    Come, come, come on and let me out.

    Oh,
    My body's saying let's go.
    Oh,
    But my heart is saying no.

    If you want to be with me, baby, there's a price you pay.
    I'm a genie in a bottle (I'm a genie in a bottle) you gotta rub me the right way.
    If you want to be with me, I can make your wish come true.
    You gotta make a big impression, gotta like what you do.

    If you want to be with me, baby, there's a price you pay.
    I'm a genie in a bottle, you gotta rub me the right way.
    If you want to be with me, I can make your wish come true.
    Come and set me free, baby, and I'll be with you.

    I'm a genie in a bottle, baby,
    Come, come, come and let me out.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nope the understanding still has not come to me...

    I would come to the cold heartless conclusion after reading these lyrics that the woman uttering these words is inherently selfish, entitled, and believes that there is a special 'key' to unlocking her affections...

    This is just another mantra of the Feminist age in which we live...that men are knuckle-dragging sloping-forehead apes who do not have emotions or depth to their being, while women are mysterious, complex, and require just the right moves to attract them.

    Well, the only outcome I can come to is that both men and women these days have fractured minds and selfish worldviews. All I can do is remove any selfish motives from my being and hope that I meet a woman who has done the same. Perhaps we all need to talk to our Grandparents about love and relationship advice for they surely grew up in a less-tainted age.

  10. #150
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 07:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Germany
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Age
    27
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Judaist
    Religion
    Logos
    Posts
    729
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    69
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    117
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA Metaphysician View Post
    I've never been single in my life really... If you're single you just need to get out more really and stop making excuses behind your computer. You could even find girls online pretty easy.
    Well Mr. Metaphysician, I don't know about other members but I could go out to the city and easily get with a girl if I wanted to, but I don't. I have been in numerous social situations where I could 'hook up' with a girl for the sake of it and other opportunities for 1 night thrills but I am not the sort of person to enter relationships just so I can say I have a girlfriend to the guys, nor do I indulge in the materialism of the body...

    Here's an anecdote; when I was 16, I was at a party. There was a fairly attractive girl there in her early 30s that started hitting on me, hinting at things... I just told her I was too mature to sleep with her and that was that. I told my friends back at school and they couldn't believe I passed up the opportunity to live out their porn fantasies. But it's entirely my own choice to wait until I find someone actually worth investing my time in, I am not anxious or desperate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjoerd View Post
    When it comes to this sort of claim, then No...I truly have no idea. It makes no sense as to how a woman will shoot down a stable, responsible, "good" man who can provide for her and a future family just because his first impressions didn't "excite" her and appeal to her senses.

    In a previous post, I mentioned my disdain at a woman who didn't want to go past the "friendship" stage with me and instead started dating a man who is immature and irresponsible. (even to the point of going to jail for petty crime.)

    Well She called me last night. Apparently she caught her Rockstar fella with another woman and for some reason seems to think that I will be there to be her "White Knight" in this time.

    This guy who treated her as just another notch in his belt probably came across as appealing to her senses and now she is reaping the consequences of her bad judgement.

    I don't know what to make of this.
    'If I had a nickle...' the saying goes?

    A lot of the women I know like to put themselves in a victim situation. It's weird and I cannot understand nor relate to it. I had almost the exact same situation with a girl as you did. This girl came out of a rough relationship and I befriended her sometime afterwards, she liked that she was able to talk to me about sensitive stuff and whatnot. So then one day we were talking and I was about to make it 'serious', then she says 'you know, I am thinking about getting back with xxxx' ....... 'oh the guy who cheated on you and treated you like shit? Sounds like a good idea!', then it's the white knight thing all over again. Funny seeing that these girls just always end up with some low life when you catch up with them years down the track.

    Fairly though, most guys my age are assholes who just want sex, or something to brag about to their mates so they can get some high 5s. Trouble is a lot of nationalist guys are total misogynists too. Weird world we live in, that's for sure.

Similar Threads

  1. Are You Better Off Single?
    By Phlegethon in forum Men, Women, & Relationships
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: Sunday, February 9th, 2020, 03:12 AM
  2. Single Parenthood
    By Verđandi in forum Parenthood & Family
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Friday, August 30th, 2019, 08:52 AM
  3. 'We Never Had a Single Conversation with a Swede'
    By The Aesthete in forum Sweden
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 09:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •