View Poll Results: Why are you single?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • I haven't found the right person yet. (I'm still looking).

68 53.13%
  • Traumatic experiences with past relationships. (I've decided not to look anymore).

5 3.91%
  • I want to focus on my career or studies.

10 7.81%
  • I don't like being tied down/I'm only into casual relationships.

3 2.34%
  • My significant other passed away and I don't wish to replace him/her with anyone.

3 2.34%
  • I'm asexual or genuinely not interested in relationships.

7 5.47%
  • I consider myself too ugly, etc. to be in a relationship.

8 6.25%
  • I consider myself too selfish and prefer being on my own.

7 5.47%
  • Other (Specify please).

17 13.28%
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Are You Single?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 10:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    As for myself.... even though I am technically not single, I ticked "I have not found the right person yet" and now it dawned at me that I should have also ticked "other".
    Other being: due to the contemporary financial and social circumstances where I live.

I have been in a relationship for more than a year, and me and my guy are very loving and caring towards each other. But he is much younger than I am, and he is also without a job and with no prospects of finding one soon (due to unemployment rates in the last year).

I know therefore this is not something that is going to last long, and I often feel I am walking on quicksand - but on the other had we are still very fond of each other to break it off.

Even if, say, I met somebody else with all the right qualities -right age, maturity, stability, intelligence, life experience, etc....
    I would still be very reluctant to start a family. Greece right now is the worst place to raise a child. Not just because of financial but more so of social reasons. This country is literally falling apart, the social unrest is serious and expected to get more dangerous. I can't see how parents will be able to protect their offspring from now on

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CruxClaire View Post
    and doesn't exactly look like the women on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. xD
    The average woman who is in a relationship doesn't look like that either.
    Last edited by Sigurd; Tuesday, February 7th, 2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Part that referred to a deleted post removed.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 @ 02:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Irish, German, Polish, Scottish, English
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Center-left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    The average woman who is in a relationship doesn't look like that either.
    I know, but the average woman in a relationship isn't as socially awkward as I am. It would take exceptional good looks to offset the awkwardness.
    Leben heißt für mich, mehr Träume in meiner Seele zu haben als die Realität zerstören kann.
    -Hans Kruppa

Last Online
    Monday, September 2nd, 2019 @ 09:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    British-German
    Subrace
    Nordid-Cromagnid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Throne and Altar
    Religion
    Aryajnana
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I am currently unemployed for one. My experiences with my girlfriends in the past weren't too positive. Aside from raw sexual attraction I haven't met too many women who catch my fancy in regards to their personality or values. I also quite enjoy the freedom of being single and being able to do whatever I want when I want. There also seems to be the problem of me attracting all the wrong women, namely black women, Hispanic women, Asian women, and trashy women.

I am not too interested in the casual dating scene for these reasons. Hopefully in time I will meet a nice woman that would embody the values I would wish to see in a potential long term partner or future wife/mother of my children. It isn't even that my standards are too high, it is just that I have standards period. Sometimes when I look around me and see the numerous instances of infidelity, divorce, broken homes, and lack of proper family values I wonder to myself if I ever want to get married or start a family in such an environment. I consider what sort of world I would be brining my white children into and this also makes me have doubts about the worth of family life, especially as a man, in our times.

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 01:03 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CruxClaire View Post
    I know, but the average woman in a relationship isn't as socially awkward as I am. It would take exceptional good looks to offset the awkwardness.
    Unless you're that horrible fish in your avatar, I'm sure you'll be just fine

Edit: I've just seen your picture and you look nice

Last Online
    Thursday, August 3rd, 2017 @ 09:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    German, English, Scottish, Irish
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Queensland Queensland
    Single adult
    Politics
    Green Nationalism
    Religion
    Northern European Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have never had a relationship, never been on a date and I am a virgin. That's not to say I haven't looked around. I am a very introverted person in social situations and have never been good at talking to women, I always get nervous. For the most part, girls ignored me in high school. From the very beginning, I have always felt that I was a little different to most young men of my age. While most of my peers were out getting drunk and experimenting with drugs, I spent my time reading and studying.

The bar and club scene in my town is not my thing and I am a bit of a homebody, I dont drink anyway so I find it pointless to go out and "party" anyway. Apart from that, the main problem is, the vast majority of the women in the town I live in are far from relationship material. They are self obsessed, superficial, materialistic, ignorant, dumb, drink far too much and not to mention, very very promiscuous. For most of them their entire lives revolve around work and drinking themselves into oblivion on the weekends, most men are the same. I haven't met too many women who match my personality or values. If they do, they are taken. It can be quite depressing sometimes but I hold on to the hope that the right girl for me is out there somewhere.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 13th, 2019 @ 09:25 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Albion.
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    'anti-semite'
    Politics
    Republicanism, traditionalism, .
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    I've got the problem of having plenty of female friends but being a single man. A fellow I know, or used to know, once told me I was too nice and that nice guys don't get women- as if it's better to be a white trash dirtbag SOB who beats women up or somesuch. Or a scroungy philanderer who boasts of his previous female conquests. I've had women interested in me, usually of the sort that I'd call, ahem, loose or ill-reputed.

Is it so unusual for a person to have personal standards? I don't think so; any self-respecting person should want to bond with someone who has an equal amount of self-respect and not some man or woman who thinks that moral turpitudeis a good (or at least ambivalent) thing.

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 @ 09:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I genuinly was in love with only with 2 girls in my life, maybe I only genuinly loved that one girl (and most likely still love her)

In both cases I had no luck, I am no longer in the age where you can have a relationship without serious responsibility like in teenage age, I am 26 now and want to have a woman that is as mature as I am, this means no 19 years old girl

at the moment I feel not able to take the responsibility for a woman, or even children

I have strict moral values and basically want a Christian partner, further I have a certain ideal of a woman's look which isn't that common, though not extravagant (dark hair, pale, slim face, blue eyes), few women apply to my moral and aestethic ideals

furthermore I feel like a social outcast, I am kind of lonesome wolf - I never experienced real closeness and do in fact not really miss it - I might make a woman rather unhappy than happy, so maybe better I stay alone

so if I will stay alone, I will stay alone - it is fate anyway
    "Ein guter Mensch in seinem dunklen Drange ist sich des rechten Weges wohl bewußt."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe - Faust

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 03:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germans, Hungarians, Slavs
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Democratic National-Conservativ
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    I tire of my consumidiot exes whos were just only capable to go to cinema, to beach, to idiot liberal festivals in summer or see the tv or speak about the mainstream idiotism what they red in the Cosmo or other crap. I found always the females whos thought the fast food is good, the forest is dirty, the clean shaved face the only option for a man, the gypsies are victims of the evil europeans, etc. etc... My life is full of compromises and I don't need a more idiot that I take my cue from her too.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, August 23rd, 2019 @ 10:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norsk/Kelt
    Ancestry
    Norge/Eireann
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Nordic Union Nordic Union
    Kompliziert!
    Occupation
    Border Protection
    Politics
    Volksgemeinschaft
    Religion
    Ásatrú
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Although I am in a long standing relationship I am not really with the right person as we differ in far too many ways and the more we are together the more we continue to drift further and further apart.

She is actually a very nice person and a very intelligent woman but she is not and never will be upon my own passionate wavelength regarding Germanic heritage and that is what continues to really bother me

I continue to wonder about what I can only describe as a *Traumfrau* (Dream Woman) as I kinda just know she is out there somewhere

Preferably Somewhere within my absolute True Spiritual homeland of Germania...

Its good to be honest and I certainly dont want to bore anyone with this post..

Liebling.... => Wo Bist DU?
    Wahrheit Macht Freiheit.
    http://www.rheinwiesenlager.de
    HISTORY IS NOT HISTORY - UNLESS IT IS THE 100% TRUTH

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast