View Poll Results: Why are you single?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • I haven't found the right person yet. (I'm still looking).

68 53.13%
  • Traumatic experiences with past relationships. (I've decided not to look anymore).

5 3.91%
  • I want to focus on my career or studies.

10 7.81%
  • I don't like being tied down/I'm only into casual relationships.

3 2.34%
  • My significant other passed away and I don't wish to replace him/her with anyone.

3 2.34%
  • I'm asexual or genuinely not interested in relationships.

7 5.47%
  • I consider myself too ugly, etc. to be in a relationship.

8 6.25%
  • I consider myself too selfish and prefer being on my own.

7 5.47%
  • Other (Specify please).

17 13.28%
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Are You Single?

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyalist View Post
    A combination of one, two, and "other". As it concerns the latter, I have no serious relationship experience, I am extremely shy, and am quite introverted, so it makes meeting, asking out, and keeping girls interested very difficult. The dates I have been on have always been the result of her making the first move; I just cannot seem to do it no matter how much I want to.

When it comes to meeting the right person, that has been a serious problem, although I feel it did happen once, despite the way it turned out (which, in retrospect, was mostly my fault for not handling the situation appropriately). I definitely value personality/intelligence over looks, and the problem I find is that 90% of the girls at my school are of the intellectually vacuous, shallow, "airhead" sort who want nothing more out of life than to dress slutty and waste their time in clubs and so on. While the vast majority of guys my age throw themselves at those types, I find nothing - absolutely nothing - attractive about them, not even on a physical level.

Finally, past relationship trauma has definitely now come into play in my case. This last girl, of whom most of you aware, has basically left me dead inside due to a variety of factors. I had liked her for years, and she came to me, so it was too good to be true. Then, it turns out we had an exceptional amount in common; same (rather unconventional) interests in music, films, books and so on. We both come from similarly dysfunctional families, so we were really able to identify with and confide in one another. We support the same football team. We even have the same rare blood type. Best of all, she is extremely intelligent. I was truly happy for a few months for the first time in my life, and then it ended because, as I mentioned, I am clueless as to what to do in a relationship and her patience with me just ran out. I know I will never find anyone like that again; somebody I was comfortable with, had a proper connection to, shared the same interests, and who completely changed my outlook on life for the better. I am simply unable to get over it, and I have thought about giving up.

I am certainly not single by choice, and I am extremely unhappy, both in terms of having never really found anyone for too long and, when I finally did, it ended with me being hurt worse than I have ever been.
    You're only frickin' 22 years old!!! Relax! You have plenty of time my friend. Take the time to enhance who you are. So when you DO meet that special someone, she's totally enthralled with you.
    "The mystery and secret of Wotan is not that "knowledge" of him is passed along through clandestine cults or even through the re-discovery of old books and texts--but rather that such knowledge is actually encoded in a mysterious way in the DNA, in the very genetic material, of those who are descended from him." - Secret of the Gothick God of Darkness

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 13th, 2019 @ 09:25 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Albion.
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    'anti-semite'
    Politics
    Republicanism, traditionalism, .
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    I'm single because I haven't yet found the right woman. Thinking of my past relationships, a couple of them very painful to think about, doesn't do much for me.
    'Militia est vita hominis super terram [The life of man upon earth is a warfare] (Job 7:1).'

Last Online
    Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 @ 02:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Irish, German, Polish, Scottish, English
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Center-left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've never dated anyone. I could list lots of reasons why, but when one comes down to the crux of the matter, it's that I'm simply a socially awkward teenager who isn't good at talking to males and doesn't exactly look like the women on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. xD
    Leben heißt für mich, mehr Träume in meiner Seele zu haben als die Realität zerstören kann.
    -Hans Kruppa

Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I am single and abstinent by choice. I am a strong independent woman who only needs myself. I love me. Also, I am still single because my heart is in Norway.
    After going to Norway and seeing the quality of life and all of my family( whho are still happily in love with their partners) I feel like I could not be happy with Canadian or American men. I also want to keep my Norwegian bloodline going if I can have kids, and I have not met any Scandinavian men as suitors here as of yet. This will change soon I hope. I really cannot connect with colonials it seems.

Also, The Canadian men that I have dated were extremely abusive to me. They have done horrific things to me that no woman should ever have to experience. I am scared to open myself up to anyone again. All men just treat me like I am worthless and nothing and take advantage of me. I know that we cannot pick or chose who we fall in love with, but love just always hurts and causes so much pain. What is the point? I'd rather be happy alone and not be abused.
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

Last Online
    Monday, August 13th, 2012 @ 11:07 PM
    Status
    Brief Absence
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    UK/NL/Bavaria
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    None/Unimportant
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I voted for the first one, but I feel it's that.. and a combination of a few others. I tend to be really bad at socializing with people I haven't known for a while, find it difficult to make new friends my own age off the bat. None of that will help. I can't complain though, I think my mom (who was very social) was worried about my socializing skills being an only child and she went well out of her way to include me with introductions and time spent with friends of her's as a child. I was able to meet different people from different walks of life, most of whom my mother knew through work or church. Most of that foundation that was built, didn't flourish in my teen years though. Which is I would assume, mostly my fault.

So-now I'm just comfortable with not being in or planning to be in any type of relationship. I do feel like I've "wasted away" my 20's. But that in itself is better in the long run than relationships at their worst.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 01:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1 (L813)
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    563 Posts
    I am single and have always been, since my teens and through my 'adult life'. Casual relationships have never made any sense to me. In fact, most relationships I see around me doesn't make much sense to me. There doesn't seem to be any deep emotional and spiritual connection. It seems more like a job contract, in many ways, fueled by sexual needs and a fear of being lonely.

Even as far back as I could remember, to primary school, I would turn down any advances (although it is more of a 'role play' at those ages) if I couldn't imagine myself being with that person indefinetely. And I've kept that attitude all my life. Anything else would be betrayal towards my future wife, whom deserves all my devotion and faithfulness.

That principle, combined with the depressingly low standards of potential female partners these days (and male, as well, from the perspective of the opposite sex), have inevitably lead to my rather poor track record. And I don't regret it for one second, even as hard it might be some times.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 @ 06:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ancestry
    England, France, Germany, Ireland, Scottish, Switzerland, Wales
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I voted other.
    Right now I don't make enough to pay all my own bills with the part time job I have now. I'm getting financial help from my grandparents. They pay my car and health insurance, they pay for my gas and some of my groceries and whatever else I need help with.
    I just can't see myself in a relationship unless I can support myself. I don't want to be a mooch. -Although I have it in my mind to be a stay at home mom until my kid (or kids) are in kindergarten. So while I don't want to be a mooch, I still hope whoever I meet will be able to be the sole breadwinner for a few years. (Not a personal requirement, but it would be nice.)

Also I could cite personal traumatic experience. I only lived with both my parents until I was 7 years old when my mom took me from school one day and we left the state we lived in. I thought she'd learned about what my own father had done to me - along with the other physical and emotional abuse he put me and my mother through. I learned later on that my mother had found out that he'd had an affair that produced a child. It wasn't until recently that I learned that my parents met or at least started dating in April and married in October and had me the following August. (Way too fast in my opinion.)

I know full well that not all men are psychopathic (no diagnosis, but he fits the bill on the descriptions I've read very, very well), child molesting, abusive pricks like my father was. There's still a part of me, deep down that is suspicious of all men. I've heard of how nice my father could be, he can be a real charmer when he wants to be. I sometimes think it would be easier if I were a lesbian , but the reality is I'm not. I'd love to meet someone someday, get married (eventually) and raise a family. I just need to know that it'd be someone I could trust and would be a decent father to our kids.
    mtDNA - H_7_a (ftDNA) H_7_a_1 (23andme)
    AbDNA - 100% Eur. 23andme: 99.99% Eur., .01% Af.
    23andme: 99.73% European, .27% African
    23andme V3 update awaiting use, got a kit for mom too.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 08:16 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English-American
    Ancestry
    English/England
    Country
    Single adult
    Occupation
    student
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I chose other.

I'm really shy and anxious for one thing, so it's extremely difficult for me to make friends let alone find a romantic partner. I need to work on my appearance and I just haven't found the right person I think. I was bullied a lot when I was younger so I think it really turned me off of people.

This might sound weird but I really don't find most American guys attractive. I think it's the accent, I really like accents from Germanic countries. I would prefer to be with someone from a Germanic European country rather than the U.S. Especially when it came to having a family.
    Proud to be Germanic.

Even though my ancestry is English, Germany is my favorite country.

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts
    I'm single because cultural marxism has destroyed the fabric of society that provides a fertile ground for our people to come together and have a normal healthy relationship. Whenever I seemed to find the right person, bullshit having to do with money always tore us apart. I think that happens to a lot of people. Folks like the Amish don't seem to have that problem though, because they are oriented upon family and community rather than toward fitting into the modern corporate-dominated slave factory the rest of us are tied to.
    Most people think as they are trained to think, and most people make a majority.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 10:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
    It eventually lead to the break of my relationship only weeks before the scheduled marriage because my fiancé left me but it was (at least particularly) my own fault because I know that I was good for nothing.
    Listen to yourself... blaming yourself and saying you were good for nothing...

I remember when you found out you were pregnant, you were terrified at first, as you were really young, and then super excited and ecstatic... and then things went wrong... For any woman, especially a woman your age at the time, such a trauma is very serious and needs a lot of time, a lot of support from family and friends, professional counselling, and especially support from your partner....

It seems your partner could not bear the situation and stand up to the circumstances. I remember he was 30(ish?) so he ought to be a bit more mature and stronger than you who was 19 or 20 at the time.

So in this case you should be the last one to blame. Marriage is not all happiness and joy, there's a phrase saying "for better or for worse" for that reason.
    This means something; spouses (or potential spouses for that matter) ought to stand by each other no matter how hard the times. He hadn't quite gotten that part. They say every cloud has a silver lining, and I believe this was it; not ending up married to a man who was not strong enough. In the end, I am glad you didn't marry him. You deserve a lot better.
    You're doing well now, being careful and reluctant and all. Be patient and someone good will come your way

Quote Originally Posted by Loyalist View Post
    I am certainly not single by choice, and I am extremely unhappy, both in terms of having never really found anyone for too long and, when I finally did, it ended with me being hurt worse than I have ever been.
    You're still very young and I wouldn't have expected of a man of your style and thinking to be any less shy and awkward around women.

I know you since you were 17 or something, and you always were far more serious and intellectual, not just for your average 17 year old but compared to the average man in his mid-20s or even 30s as well

I've had many male friends like you. They're extremely intelligent, well-read, and intellectually adept - and uneasy around women.

The majority of women nowadays are entirely superficial and naive and they cannot appreciate a man with a high intellect.

That means you have quality. It might be harder for you to get a lady, but once you do, it will be for life, not just superficial fooling around with lots of girls and no substance. I wish you the best, you deserve a nice life with someone

Quote Originally Posted by Ęlfrun View Post
    Also, The Canadian men that I have dated were extremely abusive to me. They have done horrific things to me that no woman should ever have to experience.
    I hope you don't mean physical abuse.... Have you reported any of this to the authorities?

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast