• Yea

24 52.17%
  • Nay

21 45.65%
  • Other (explain)

4 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shouldn't We Write in Runes, Rather Than Latin Alphabet?

Last Online
    Friday, January 27th, 2012 @ 04:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    England
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Nova Scotia Nova Scotia
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Professional couch potato
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Christianity + Secular Paganism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    Runes are made for carving messages into pieces of wood. Modern Latin letters are made for the page and the screen. When we stop sending e-mails and go back to sticks with scratches, I'll consider runes.
    Runes weren't MADE for carving messages into pieces of wood; reading and writing wasn't as popular, because paper wasn't as easy to come by.

The original Latin Script looked almost akin to Futhark, because it too was made with sticks and scratches.

Rome was invited to a lot of industry, because of the trade, and that expanded the usage of every aspect of their culture, from writing to art.

In Old English, "Rune" meant secret. I believe it was a "secret" because of that old story about the futhorc. But nevertheless, I think it shouldn't remain a secret any longer, at least for us who want to understand the rune. In a sense, I believe that it should remain a secret for outsiders, multiculturalist thieves and cultural appropriators.

For any official decree or something of great importance, the rune shall
    be known, because it is a lost rite of passage for our people.

Quote Originally Posted by WildHunter View Post
    Runes are not merely an alphabetic system. Above and beyond their phonetic values the Runes contain the mysteries of the cosmos.
    Whether you interpret the myths account of how the Runes came into existence as a literal account or a symbolic account, really doesn't matter.
    What matters is that the Runes exist. They either came into existence from a ritual by Odin, or through the folk collective unconsciousness of our ancestors. By either of these accounts the Runes came into existence communicating much more than just an alphabetic system!
    The Runes are alive not only from their cosmic creations, but alive with thousands of years of our ancestors infusing the Runes with their identities and ideals. Bottom line is the Runes are apart of our spiritual identity.
    If this living part of our spiritual identity was used by the masses as another alphabetic system it would not only destroy the Runes, it would sever our connection to one of the last remaining tools available for us to directly communicate with our ancestors folk collective unconsciousness.
    CAUTION TO ALL: Please spend some time speaking and listening to the Runes before you just use them for their phonetic values, or you may end up clouding their ability to communicate their spiritual value to you.
    ALU!!!
    Indeed, they are a very important spiritual tool. I could suggest that we use Latin script for communication, while use Runes for very important occasions or decrees, as I just said. I wrote this post before you did, but I have to wait for moderator to approve it.
    Anyway, I don't exactly think we should restrict rune usage to religion, as many secular people want to use runes for writing; I know you probably won't agree, but it's for the sake of dividing us from outsiders; and in a way, I think it would help us to achieve a more valuable identity, rather than just a valuable product.

To Žoreišar :
    I think I have somewhat perfected a liquid (non-scratchy) version of rune characters that could be used online/real life.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...thetunnel.png/
    Last edited by alexross; Saturday, January 21st, 2012 at 07:01 PM. Reason: innacuracy

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 06:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian/German
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia/Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    Single adult
    Politics
    Right-wing conspirator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I for one use runes to write my personal journals. If nothing else, it keeps peeping eyes from knowing what I wrote as most people have no idea what they are.

Do they have spiritual meanings as well? Yes, but Roman letters do also, just most people don't know it. Doesn't change that those meanings exist.

Not unlike the fact that a standard deck of cards is nothing but the minor arcanum of the tarot, usually with two fools (jokers) from the major arcanum, and yet most people have no idea.

Last Online
    Friday, April 27th, 2012 @ 04:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    nordic.
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Runic shorthand

Hi there
    I am a P.A. (personel assistant) and all the phone messages I recieve I write down in runes (as most of them are private messages) so no one else can understand them, unless they can read runes that is, but even then they would have to access the messages. My boss thinks this is great as it adds an extra level of security and most people in my job use shorthand anyway.

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 03:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germans, Hungarians, Slavs
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Democratic National-Conservativ
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Well, the hebrew language and alphabet in nowadays Israel is a quite good example for a renaissance of cultural heritage. Well, the daily use of the Runes would be a little bit hard thing nowadays, however we could decorate own enviroment with them. F.e. in Hungary the hungarians have an own ancient alphabet what they used on pieces of wood too. Nowadays they use to erect city sign with that alphabet and moreover they use that on/over doors.

I think we should copy their habit to revive the Runes.

Last Online
    Friday, August 10th, 2012 @ 12:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Saving our Folk!
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I voted "nay" meaning that we shouldnt write in Runes on a daily basis on anything and everything; just imagine some wiggers tagging in Runes! We should keep it sacred to ourselves and only use them in rituals and on our own property, nothing public where there are Skraelings out and about ready to abuse and deface.
    Why are you just sitting there?!
    Do something!
    Our Folk are vanishing!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 08:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1 (L813)
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    565 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrafn Odinnsson View Post
    I voted "nay" meaning that we shouldnt write in Runes on a daily basis on anything and everything; just imagine some wiggers tagging in Runes!
    Bu the same logic, shouldn't we stop propegating anything Germanic? After all, the negroes might get a hold of it, too...
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, July 12th, 2019 @ 02:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    English/German combo
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Sagittarius
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Hmmm, should we write in runes instead of the Latin alphabet?

Hmmm, that is a hard one. I am illiterate in runes so I really can't comment, or vote--but then being totally ignorant of the subject has never stopped me before. So I would think that if runic script can do everything Latin alphabetic script can do, why not? As long as the more difficult, complicated concepts could be written and expressed in runes as well as the simple, more basic concepts, then it could be done. It would present great practical problems in educating the general public in reading and writing runes--so many of the poor fools are not even literate in the Latin alphabet.

Mein Glaube ist die Liebe zu meinem Volk. Juthunge's Avatar
    Last Online
    37 Minutes Ago @ 09:04 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    In my opinion, we shouldn't "return" to use runes in everday life. I don't think the usage of runes as an alphabet for the common people was widespread among our ancestors, especially considering that only a small minority was literate at all.
    The runic alphabets were mostly used to carve short messages pertaining to religion and rituals in wood or stone.
    Some sounds in many modern Germanic languages cannot even be expressed in runes, such as the ä, ö, ü umlauts in my own mother tongue.

The Latin alphabet is far more simple and easier to handle on paper, also because it enables you to write most letters continuously, whereas many runes will require you to break the flow of your writing.

You can compare it to the introduction of the, nominally French, Metric system in Germany. One could argue that this system is utterly foreign and that its introduction was wrong, especially considering the French–German hereditary enmity.
    However, I wouldn't want to return to the system of feet and cubits because it's simply impractical, especially in regards to the complex processes in modern engineering, which require a system that's easy to handle and logical.
    And the day they sold us out, Our hearts grew cold
    'Cause we were never asked, No brother, we were told!
    What do they know of Europe, Who only Europe know?

Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)

Last Online
    Friday, August 10th, 2012 @ 12:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Saving our Folk!
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    Bu the same logic, shouldn't we stop propegating anything Germanic? After all, the negroes might get a hold of it, too...
    You forgot to quote the rest of my statement thus giving my reason why I stated what I meant:

Quote Originally Posted by Hrafn Odinnsson
    We should keep it sacred to ourselves and only use them in rituals and on our own property, nothing public where there are Skraelings out and about ready to abuse and deface.
    Why are you just sitting there?!
    Do something!
    Our Folk are vanishing!

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 01:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Württemberg, Franconia and I recently discovered old ancestors in Saxony
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Baden-Wuerttemberg Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearkinder View Post
    I for one use runes to write my personal journals. If nothing else, it keeps peeping eyes from knowing what I wrote as most people have no idea what they are.
    That's what I do as well, a good way to hide personal notes from nosy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    Some sounds in many modern Germanic languages cannot even be expressed in runes, such as the ä, ö, ü umlauts in my own mother tongue.

The Latin alphabet is far more simple and easier to handle on paper, also because it enables you to write most letters continuously, whereas many runes will require you to break the flow of your writing.
    This bothers me too to be honest. Concerning Umlaute, I just write ae instead of ä, etc. The Latin alphabet is definitely more convenient for every-day writing.

Merkel hands out money like clowns hand out balloons at a party.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast