Single adult
    Politics
    Imperialism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Norway Takes Away Indian Children

At least Norway gets some things right when dealing with uncivilised immigrants and doesn't give in to the Indian governent.... although the taxpayer will have to fund the childrens care.

Indian couple have children taken away by Norwegian social workers because they fed them with their hands. Authorities also complained that the parents should not be sleeping in the same bed as their infants-

An Indian couple have had their children taken away by Norwegian social workers because they were feeding them with their hands and sleeping in the same bed as them.
    Anurup and Sagarika Bhattacharya lost custody of their three-year-old son and one-year-old daughter eight months ago after authorities branded their behaviour inappropriate.
    The drastic measure led to intervention from the Indian government who contacted Norwegian authorities in an a desperate attempt to return the children.

Norwegian Child Protection Services removed the youngsters from their home in May, 2011, leaving their parents horrified with the outcome of the report.
    Father Anurup told Indian television channel NDTV: 'They told me ''why are you sleeping with the children in the same bed?'’.

'(I told them) this is also a purely cultural issue. We never leave the children in another room and say goodnight to them.

Anurup added: 'Feeding a child with the hand is normal in Indian tradition and when the mother is feeding with a spoon there could be phases when she was overfeeding the child.

'They said it was force feeding. These are basically cultural differences.'

Mrs Bhattacharya said: 'My son was sleeping with my husband. They said he should sleep separately from your son.'
    The parents have been told that they can only see their children twice a year, for an hour during each visit until the kids turn 18 when they will no longer be bound by the current restrictions under current Norwegian law.
    Despite the Indian government's intervention, Norwegian officials are refusing to meet the request for any further explanation

Norway's Child Protective Service has come under much scrutiny in the past for excessive behaviour in their handling of child cruelty.
    Lawyer Svein Kjetil Lode Svendsen said: 'There has been a report in UN in 2005 which criticized Norway for taking too many children in public care.

'The amount was 12,500 children and Norway is a small country.'
    With the Bhattacharyas' visas set to expire in March, they have revealed that they will be forced to stay against their will until the return of their infants.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1jueLyTW3

Germania incognita
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    How is sleeping in the same bed as the parents (if the children are young) and eating with your hands so uncivilised? These children were 1 and 3 year old.

I think the forceful removing of the children from their parents would be much more traumatising.

We often eat with our hands even today, for example with chicken, or getting the last pieces of meat off a bone. The fork is a pretty modern addition to our cutlery.

The fork's adoption in northern Europe was slower. Its use was first described in English by Thomas Coryat in a volume of writings on his Italian travels (1611), but for many years it was viewed as an unmanly Italian affectation.

Some writers of the Roman Catholic Church expressly disapproved of its use, seeing it as "excessive delicacy": "God in his wisdom has provided man with natural forks — his fingers. Therefore it is an insult to Him to substitute artificial metallic forks for them when eating."

It was not until the 18th century that the fork became commonly used in Great Britain, although some sources say forks were common in France, England and Sweden already by the early 17th century. The fork did not become popular in the North America until near the time of the American Revolution.[1] The curved fork that is used in most parts of the world today, was developed in Germany in the mid 18th century. The standard four-tine design became current in the early 19th century.

"Make strong old dreams lest our world lose heart." -Ezra Pound

Support Skadi forum

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I don't like this either. Even though this is an Indian family intruding in Norway. They asked for the differences when they opened the borders. Either kick them the hell out or accept their customs. Don't go nitpicking and take their children, it's stupid.
    "The mystery and secret of Wotan is not that "knowledge" of him is passed along through clandestine cults or even through the re-discovery of old books and texts--but rather that such knowledge is actually encoded in a mysterious way in the DNA, in the very genetic material, of those who are descended from him." - Secret of the Gothick God of Darkness

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 08:16 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English-American
    Ancestry
    English/England
    Country
    United States United States
    Single adult
    Occupation
    student
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I fail to see what the Indian parents did that was so bad. Taking their kids away is just stupid.
    Proud to be Germanic.

Even though my ancestry is English, Germany is my favorite country.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 01:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Germanic Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Absolutely bloody ridiculous! What a waste of time effort and money better used for other things like not letting foreigners in in the first place, preventing halal or kosher, and stopping ethnics raping women! But anyway... Do these people who charged them eat chicken wings with a knife and fork? Probably not. Eating curry or whatever with their hands is part of their culture, they weren't harming anybody with it!.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 04:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Frisian, Saxon
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Politics
    Frisian nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    This makes Norway not a very tempting place to go if you are a foreigner planning to practice your own culture there. Hey wait! That is exactly what we want right?!

Call me cold-hearted, but for us to get our countries back, some feelings are going to get hurt.
    Būter, brea en griene tsiis
    Wa't dat net sizze kin is gjin oprjochte Fries!

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 06:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    England/Scotland/Germany
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    South Australia South Australia
    Single adult
    Occupation
    student
    Politics
    NS
    Religion
    not sure
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I really doubt that is the whole story. You can't believe anything you read in that particular paper, they make an artform out of manufacturing outrage out of half truths, and no child protective agency is going to take children away for such a minor thing.

What I think is far more likely is that there were other far more serious concerns and the parents are pretending that the most minor issues raised were the only ones.

If there's one thing Indians love it's self-righteous, hypocritical outrage!

Last Online
    Thursday, December 22nd, 2016 @ 06:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English
    Country
    England England
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't understand why this has become such a big deal.Its not seriously that bad and while they concern themselves with this incident,some poor kids are being beating by their parents and are not likely going to be helped due to the time wasting on this case.

I don't understand how 'feeding your children with your hands' can be call ''uncivilized'' either.

Retarded in mysterious ways
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    4 Hours Ago @ 12:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybren View Post
    This makes Norway not a very tempting place to go if you are a foreigner planning to practice your own culture there. Hey wait! That is exactly what we want right?!

Call me cold-hearted, but for us to get our countries back, some feelings are going to get hurt.
    Sure. But I would very much like to feed my own prospective children with my hands and carry them to sleep myself, without having to fear them being taken away from me. This is not just about foreign cultural practices, but our very own, as well.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Last Online
    Monday, May 14th, 2012 @ 09:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norwegian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Hordaland Hordaland
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Religion
    Religion of the blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The government should have started with the criminal elements. Removing children from their parents will only provoke and cause resistance against deporting immigrants from our land.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast