View Poll Results: What is paramount to Germanic preservation?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keeping one's job/career

23 38.98%
  • Openly supporting our Cause

36 61.02%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Career vs. Cause

Love Conquers All
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 11th, 2016 @ 03:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Hmmm... well if I had children and needed the job in order to feed/care for them I would have to just keep to myself about my beliefs. My family is what is most important. This doesn't mean that I would ever change my mind about certain things.

Last Online
    Friday, April 13th, 2012 @ 11:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Nordic; Germany, Scotland, and Norway
    Country
    United States United States
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Constitutional Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It is important to be open about this sort of thing. But there are circumstances where it is prudent to not be open about it. IE, being in the military. You can lose not only your job, but will be blacklisted just about anywhere you go: College, career, etc.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 @ 02:56 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I voted openly supporting a cause.

I've already openly supported my views publicly with starting petitions, writing small essays and the likes, currently working on some literature based on a reconstructed version of the Southern Confederacy albeit without the Christian aspect of the movement replacing it with a more "folkish" aspect which is not too difficult to do given the emphasis in Southron society on respecting ones roots, just need to separate that from the Christian tones.

As for the ramifications at work or university there have not been many, yet. Of course I get some odd glares or some largely unfounded and violently emotional rebuttals followed by a cold shoulder when I present my evidences at the university level but this is to be expected in a degenerated society.
    Lineage migration - Hatfield, Yorkshire, England ->Stainforth, Yorkshire, England ->Whitgift, Yorkshire, England->Blacktoft, Yorkshire, England->Mecklenburg County, Virginia ->Rutherford County, North Carolina ->Overton County, Tennessee.

Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 12:15 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    You can do both. The next time you see an ad for criminal intelligence analysts, defence or justice department staff, or something like that: send them your CV and hope for the best. Imagine that, you in the security service.

Datter av Norge
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    What a great topic Žoreišar! This is something that is much of a reality that we should be thinking about. After all, we know that there are germanic and white groups out there. What WOULD YOU DO if you were faced with this which could easily happen.

As far as myself goes, I would actually quit my career or education if I saw it being unjust, but I am lucky to be a social worker. Social workers can support whichever groups and practice however they wish to. I am going to go back to school and get my degree in ecosocialwork so I can practice in a more folkish/germanic way. I am also searching out nationalist groups to join
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

Secure a future for Germanic children
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    227 Posts
    I don't want a career and not even a job as long as I'm raising my child, unless it's absolutely necessary but we are surviving so far. Motherhood is my job and career and I'm happy with that.

Germanic nationalists should choose careers from where they can aid their cause, like lawyers to defend fellow nationalists from the ugly false justice system. Then you can be open about your beliefs without any fear.

Last Online
    Saturday, June 27th, 2020 @ 10:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Conservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    It would depend on the pressure placed on me. I would prefer to make a distinction between my work and my personal life, but if work would interfer with my personal life, and encroach on it, with demands placed on me to reject or actively go against my beliefs then I will no longer be working there. But if the pressure came from outside of my work place then I would try my best to hold on to my job, getting fired in that situation would simply be a losing proposition.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Saturday, April 17th, 2021 @ 11:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    744 Posts
    We have to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of both ways.

Like what do you gain from being open about your politics? Let's look what happened here:

German Patriots Turn Selves In For 'Holocaust Doubting'

It was a brave gesture, but what are the long term consequences? Most people probably just forgot about it and went on with their lives, including other nationalists.

A few voices aren't enough. We are just part of the masses and most of the masses shake with the wind. We are a minority, a negligible one. The entire system has to change for it to become relevant. If you are under the impression that being open and presentable with your views will magically get you full democratic support, you are under an illusion.

Last Online
    Monday, August 20th, 2012 @ 04:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic American
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Some may have to keep quiet in the short run in order to raise their families.

Theoretically, it would be better in the long run for Germanics to organize their own businesses and trade associations where they can work in peace.

From this base they could better support families, and organize for politics.

Retarded in mysterious ways
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    10 Hours Ago @ 12:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    984 Posts
    Personally, I would leave my job on the very day, if there were imposed any requirements upon me to repress my views. In my opinion, the social pressure upon Nationalists to keep quiet, is just another mechanism of the system to hold our cause back from progressing.

People place themselves into possitions where they are too reliant on the "grace" of society and their employers to be able to earn a living and provide for their family, that they spend their life walking on egg-shells, compromising the expression of their beliefs to not cause any conflicts between themselves and their colleagues or employers. As a result, our movement and our ideals appears like a just another 'extremist fringe', with no quantitive support of any signifance among our People, only held by certain kinds of 'outcasts' of society - chiefly skinheads - making our cause much to easily dismissable (usually on false pretenses).

By stepping out from the closets and actively advocating and defending our views to those around us (including at the work place), we minimize the effect of ideological misrepresentation and smearing that the mass media has on us, as well as giving our movement familiar faces that aren't so readily dismissable as, say, your average skinhead.

I can definitely understand and support the decision of those of you who have given an immense amount of time and effort to achieve your career aspirations, and are unwilling to throw it all down the toilet by refusing to budge on your right to express your views. I just think it would be a good idea for Nationalists to aim for a career or job that makes you as independent as possible of the mercy of any school board or employer. I don't have much faith in the idea of infiltrating the system and gaining powerful positions by dressing up in 'sheep's clothing' and working one's way up. I find it much more likely it will only result in one getting further caught up in the web of suffocating socio-political taboos and conventions of the globalist system, and being mended into yet another compliant servant of our enemies. Hopefully, I'm wrong, and I wish all the best to those of you intent on such an approach.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast