Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there an Intrinsic Power in the Ogham?

Last Online
    Monday, March 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland/ Ireland/ Germany/ Eastern Europe
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Colorado Colorado
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Full-Time Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is there an Intrinsic Power in the Ogham?

Does anyone think there is any intrinsic power in the Celtic Ogham as there is, similarly, in the Runes?
    -Fortune favors the bold, so act deliberately and without fear and the universe will reward you.

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 @ 10:43 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KveldulfR View Post
    Does anyone think there is any intrinsic power in the Celtic Ogham as there is, similarly, in the Runes?
    Absolutely. Druidry, to me, is as intriguing as any form f Paganism. They too were murdered by christians (disgruntled). But, they were obviously very powerful and respected. Remember, Irminsul was a tree it is believed.
    "The mystery and secret of Wotan is not that "knowledge" of him is passed along through clandestine cults or even through the re-discovery of old books and texts--but rather that such knowledge is actually encoded in a mysterious way in the DNA, in the very genetic material, of those who are descended from him." - Secret of the Gothick God of Darkness

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 02:03 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    certainly, but the runes feel more natural to me.

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 30th, 2019 @ 08:33 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KveldulfR View Post
    Probably, but Ogham is for Celts. Runes are for Heathens.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorwald View Post
    Probably, but Ogham is for Celts. Runes are for Heathens.
    Thorwald, I left a comment I now deleted because it came off as rude. I'm sorry. You didn't deserve that. Here check this out ... please tell me what you guys think.

http://druidry.org/pdfs/hindus_and_druids.pdf

"Old Irish is closer to the language from which all Indo-European
    languages developed and can offer a far better comparison with Vedic Sanskrit than can Classical Greek or Latin"
    "The mystery and secret of Wotan is not that "knowledge" of him is passed along through clandestine cults or even through the re-discovery of old books and texts--but rather that such knowledge is actually encoded in a mysterious way in the DNA, in the very genetic material, of those who are descended from him." - Secret of the Gothick God of Darkness

Last Online
    Monday, February 20th, 2017 @ 12:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauz R. Waldher View Post
    They too were murdered by christians (disgruntled).
    Can you back this claim up or did you just pull it from your arse?

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 07:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian/German
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia/Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    Single adult
    Politics
    Right-wing conspirator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Ogham is to Celts what the runes are to Germanics.

The Druids were murdered by Romans. Rome had adopted Christianity as the national religion, but it was really more of a politic expedient than any real belief. It was really just another Not Roman culture the Romans destroyed.

As for the origins of the Celts, they come from the same stock as Germanics, and I think there's very good evidence that the religion of the Druidic period which most know as the Celtic mysticism involving Cerrunos, Brigidh, The Morrigan, Neit, is an offshoot of the Germanic traditions; and it is likely that the Tuatha De Danaan who's religion it was, were likely Norse settlers, displacing the inhabitants, and the offshoot of Germanic tradition is what became the Celtic society we know of.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anlef View Post
    Can you back this claim up or did you just pull it from your arse?
    The question is, can you disprove it? The Druids were either slayed or converted by force (if they wanted to live). You christians always try to downplay the imperialist barbaric nature of your sand dune religion. It is a FACT that our pagan ancestors were murdered, starved and looked down upon by christian imperialists. You're just too damn proud to admit that you may be fighting for the wrong side. Humility "should" be engrained in your conscious (if you're a "true" christian) so why don't you use it and reflect on truth? Why do you think we're called "pagan"? It was an insult! How about "barbarians"? Another insult! These terms were coined by the forefathers of European christianity. The truth is, the christians were the barbarians. The doctrine and principals corrupted us beyond recognition. Do you know why there is NO REAL PROOF of our spiritual practices? Because the christians destroyed everything! You think that's good? You like that? You don't even know how much resentment I hold in my heart towards semetic religions. But we're still here, we're still alive and we're coming back! "Barbarian" Tribalism will be resurrected! But this time, history will not repeat itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearkinder View Post
    The Ogham is to Celts what the runes are to Germanics.

The Druids were murdered by Romans. Rome had adopted Christianity as the national religion, but it was really more of a politic expedient than any real belief. It was really just another Not Roman culture the Romans destroyed.

As for the origins of the Celts, they come from the same stock as Germanics, and I think there's very good evidence that the religion of the Druidic period which most know as the Celtic mysticism involving Cerrunos, Brigidh, The Morrigan, Neit, is an offshoot of the Germanic traditions; and it is likely that the Tuatha De Danaan who's religion it was, were likely Norse settlers, displacing the inhabitants, and the offshoot of Germanic tradition is what became the Celtic society we know of.

Beautiful post!! I couldn't have said it better myself

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 30th, 2019 @ 08:33 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauz R. Waldher View Post
    Thorwald, I left a comment I now deleted because it came off as rude. I'm sorry. You didn't deserve that. Here check this out ... please tell me what you guys think.
    Whatever it was I didn't get to read it before it was deleted.

Anyway, no harm, no foul. I didn't mean to sound so completely dismissive.

However, I do think we're talking about different cultural magical systems. I have some Celtic blood, but as that culture fails to captivate my interests, I choose to concentrate solely on the Germanic side of things.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorwald View Post
    Whatever it was I didn't get to read it before it was deleted.

Anyway, no harm, no foul. I didn't mean to sound so completely dismissive.

However, I do think we're talking about different cultural magical systems. I have some Celtic blood, but as that culture fails to captivate my interests, I choose to concentrate solely on the Germanic side of things.
    Yep, I agree. I focus on Heathenry, the Celt paganism was based on femininity (moon), and the Germanic masculine (solar). I tried my best though to study Druidry, but Druidry as a "movement" right now is purely disgusting. I joined a few of the main forums and communities awhile back and it was nothing but pure neo-pagan hippie crap. They of course shunned me for being a "Racist Heathen". I researched the druids deeply and you think we don't know much about Germanic Heathenry? They REALLY know nothing of Druidry. I mean basically nothing. I would still love to learn as much as I can if possible one day. The Druids were extremely powerful. Unparalleled wisdom.

Thorwald, what I wrote wasn't intended to be "rude", but I could see how it could deciphered that way though. So to avoid that I just deleted it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast