Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Germanic Girls Be Exposed to Female MMA from Early Age?

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 11th, 2012 @ 04:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Married parent
    Occupation
    healthcare
    Politics
    middle of the road, rational
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

women and violence

Japanese women were taught and skilled in the art of the naginata it was expected to defend the home. Women should be taught basic combat as well as other options to deal with violence which is all to real unfortunatley. The best wepon is and alway will be the mind so everyone should be trained in that. The body goes where the mind leads and to give my full and honest opinion I dont give a crap whether its unfeminie or not, I value my daughter and wifes safety over stereotypes anyday.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, April 14th, 2012 @ 10:59 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norman
    Ancestry
    Huguenot
    Subrace
    N/A
    Country
    State
    Massachusetts Massachusetts
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Spartacus
    Politics
    Warlord
    Religion
    CI/DI & Absolute Totemism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "Off of the battlefield, the naginata was also used by women as a means of protecting themselves and their children while the men were away in battle or working in the fields. Because of the size and reach of the weapon, a woman could keep an attacker at a safe distance."

So I was still along the same lines of reasoning. The gun serves the same purpose.

Last edited by Powmia; Saturday, March 31st, 2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Addition

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 29th, 2019 @ 11:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Powmia View Post
    I would say that is a form of entrapment and not combat. We are supposed to be racially aware afterall...

But in general, carrying a gun is the best option.
    Well, that is the form of combat modern women and men are most likely to face. You will not be challenged from 50 yards. I know what I would do, walk right past you, and then attack from behind while my partner engages from the other side. Oldest trick in the book. Good luck using your gun then.

Grand Member
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 31st, 2019 @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,393 Posts
    to give my full and honest opinion I dont give a crap whether its unfeminie or not, I value my daughter and wifes safety over stereotypes anyday.
    I appear to have triggered something off here with my 'unfeminine' comment

I just find it unfeminine for women to want to beat each other up in an MMA ring and spend their time developing muscles in order to achieve this.

I fully condone them knifing or shooting Negro rapists (or indeed any rapists for that matter!) and am not the least bit squeamish. I just don't think we should have a nation of women who aspire to being 'hard cases' and we should be mindful of the sort of attitude that can often come with this toughness.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norman
    Ancestry
    Huguenot
    Subrace
    N/A
    Country
    State
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Spartacus
    Politics
    Warlord
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    Well, that is the form of combat modern women and men are most likely to face. You will not be challenged from 50 yards. I know what I would do, walk right past you, and then attack from behind while my partner engages from the other side. Oldest trick in the book. Good luck using your gun then.
    But I never said I feel safe or free. Of course your butt is completely open under the situation, I totally expect that to happen under our current society and circumstances. But I do not consider it combat, it is entrapment.

It is on me to adjust my settings so I am not trapped.

A trap has a different forumula than combat. So it's not a matter of "dealing" with it, but preventing it by removing yourself.

The best Generals (Patton) avoid entrapping the enemy in combat, knowing they will sustain the most losses that way.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Powmia View Post
    But I never said I feel safe or free. Of course your butt is completely open under the situation, I totally expect that to happen under our current society and circumstances. But I do not consider it combat, it is entrapment.

It is on me to adjust my settings so I am not trapped.

A trap has a different forumula than combat. So it's not a matter of "dealing" with it, but preventing it by removing yourself.

The best Generals (Patton) avoid entrapping the enemy in combat, knowing they will sustain the most losses that way.
    Indeed, which brings us back to the fact that set off this little exchange: that to '[j]ust get a concealed handgun and "stand your ground"' perhaps is not the best solution.

Interestingly, Sunzi advocated placing troops on "dead ground" to make them fight better, and some famous Chinese general made that a cornerstone of his strategy in an important battle. He said that placing his untrained and inexperienced infantry with their backs to the river was the only way to make them fight efficiently. In the meantime his well-trained cavalry captured the enemy's base.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norman
    Ancestry
    Huguenot
    Subrace
    N/A
    Country
    State
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Spartacus
    Politics
    Warlord
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Indeed, which brings us back to the fact that set off this little exchange: that to '[j]ust get a concealed handgun and "stand your ground"' perhaps is not the best solution.

Interestingly, Sunzi advocated placing troops on "dead ground" to make them fight better, and some famous Chinese general made that a cornerstone of his strategy in an important battle. He said that placing his untrained and inexperienced infantry with their backs to the river was the only way to make them fight efficiently. In the meantime his well-trained cavalry captured the enemy's base.
    Touche.

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2012 @ 07:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well what exactly are you saying is the best solution? I'm not aware of a more deadly or practical weapon that evens the playing field between other people then a gun.

So, I'm not sure what the point is your trying to make. There are always way of getting around things, but a gun is still the most effective self defense weapon in existence.

But anyway, to answer the thread starter. I think MMA is the single most effective hand to hand system of fighting ever created. I have boxed for a long time, since I was a kid and started doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu about two years ago. A combo between the two is excellent for self defense. I think women should absolutely take charge of protecting them self. Not every self defense situation involves a weapon, and the better you are at unarmed fighting the better off your going to be all around. If a man attempts to rape a woman and gets her down to the guard position (which is common) and she slaps an armlock on him and breaks his arm or chokes him unconscious, i think that would make him think twice about what he's doing.

So yes, I'm all for it. I have been training in different combat sports and MA's for quite awhile and I've never seen anything more effective then the toughness and dexterity, speed, and ability to handle a resisting opponent that combat sports like wrestling, Judo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Boxing etc give you.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefo View Post
    Well what exactly are you saying is the best solution? I'm not aware of a more deadly or practical weapon that evens the playing field between other people then a gun.

So, I'm not sure what the point is your trying to make. There are always way of getting around things, but a gun is still the most effective self defense weapon in existence.
    Yes. But if you cannot get to it, it's of no use. To be able to deploy a gun effectively at close quarters requires the ability to fight off the opponent and create a space in which the gun can be used. It's a great weapon, but if you limit yourself to it, it might not be able to do for you what you expect it to.

As I asked above, when will you shoot a presumed attacker? If your answer is within 21 feet, you will have a problem. Think about that. It will be up close and personal. I remember a study that showed that the average distance between shooter and shootee in civilian confrontations was basically at arm's length. You know, pushing the barrel against the body before firing.

What most people do at the range is just pure fantasy.

But anyway, to answer the thread starter. I think MMA is the single most effective hand to hand system of fighting ever created.
    I am sure that it has it's bright spots, but if you try to take the wrong person to the ground for a wrestling match expect to be both cut and stabbed. If he has a hand free with which he can reach any part of your body, it will hurt.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 20th, 2019 @ 04:51 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Country
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Nature
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If someone were to casually walk up to you, exactly when would you actually shoot? If the answer is within less than 21 feet you could soon have a huge problem on your hands.
    I don't know what you are talking about. It does not take long to pull out a hand gun and shoot someone. 21 feet away or not, and you have to be really stupid to still attack someone with a hand gun.

. To be able to deploy a gun effectively at close quarters requires the ability to fight off the opponent and create a space in which the gun can be used.
    I guess you missed the entire Trayvon Martin incident.

Have you ever owned a gun may I ask ? Hand gun or otherwise ? Ever shot one off ?

Besides owning a gun myself, I'm going to give you some "data" for the hell of it ...

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcdgeff.html

"Florida State University criminologist, Gary Kleck, analyzed data from the Department of Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey (1992-1998). Describing his findings on defensive gun use, in Armed: New Perspectives on Gun Control, New York Prometheus Books (2001), Kleck writes: For confrontational burglarly, attacking with a gun had the second lowest loss rate of sixteen self-protection measures, bested only by another mode of armed self-protection, threatening the offender with a nongun weapon."

"In a logistic regression analysis, Kleck and Miriam Delone ("Victim Resistance and Offender Weapon Effects in Robbery," Journal of Quantitative Criminology 9 [1993]: 55-82) found that robbery victims who used guns in self-protection were significantly less likely to either be injured or lose their property than victims who used any other form of self protection or who did nothing to resist."

"27% percent of victims were injured prior to taking any self-protection measures, but only 5% of gun-defenders were injured prior to taking their actions."
    Til árs ok friðar

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast