View Poll Results: Was the reaction justified?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indeed, it was fully justified.

48 97.96%
  • No, it wasn´t necessary and/or an overreation

1 2.04%
  • Other/Different (please explain)

0 0%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Woman Kills Intruder Breaking Into Her Home

Last Online
    Thursday, September 19th, 2019 @ 04:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Conservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Hamar's children stories aside. If people are to be given the right to kill people for entering the front yard then we need a new system of door bells at the post box since society up until now has functioned by knocks on a door. Attempting to break into your home is something quite apart from walking into the yard. You should have a right to tell people whom you don't want on your property to leave but giving people the right to shoot them at will as if it was a home invasion situation is simply ridicilous.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamar Fox View Post
    So a sweet little pigtailed nine year old girl finds a lost trembling & malnourished kitty. She painstakingly coaxes it out of the tree. After incurring all manner of scratchy damages to her .....

So your next door neighbour's daughter goes missing late one afternoon. The day is growing dark and he begins to get worried. Where could she be? He searches the house, he searches the garden, he phones the parents of every friend he knows about. Where oh where is she? This isn't like her at all! ......

So there's this young Down's Syndrome kid, only 14, fresh home from the Special Olympics, where he'd won a silver medal for his country. He's so proud of himself. All his life he's been looked down on, made to feel like a useless burden.....
    Your "stories" are not very realistic. There is a big difference between shooting an attempted burglar & someone walking up your front walk. I have never heard of anyone gunning down a pair of Jehovah's Witnesses so obviously Americans are not abusing the Castle Doctrine.

Grand Member
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 31st, 2019 @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,394 Posts
    I have never heard of anyone gunning down a pair of Jehovah's Witnesses so obviously Americans are not abusing the Castle Doctrine.
    I'm not so worried about the Jehovah's Witnesses but those 'trick or treat' evenings would be total carnage

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    Your "stories" are not very realistic.
    Because I was obviously going for the realistic over the comedy angle.

And it's irrelevant how realistic they are. EQ Fighter himself said that it's justifiable to shoot in the face every person whose situation I described.

And, btw, my "stories" were amazing.

There is a big difference between shooting an attempted burglar & someone walking up your front walk. I have never heard of anyone gunning down a pair of Jehovah's Witnesses so obviously Americans are not abusing the Castle Doctrine.
    I take it you didn't actually read EQ Fighter's post and that you don't understand the context of my reply. I mean, since you thanked Patrioten's post, and Patrioten made the same point I did, minus the jokes, it's pretty obvious to me that that's the case.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    She was fully justified in her action. I commend her for her bravery and her prudence. Let this serve as an example for lost people with too much time on their hands.

@ CruxClaire, I’m afraid the risk was far too great for wishful thinking. The risk is always too great. A criminal is a criminal, by definition an unstable, unpredictable person regardless of whether they are under the influence of narcotics or not. They should be presumed unpredictable and met with the appropriate force.

Quote Originally Posted by CruxClaire View Post
    I don't, however, think Dustin Stewart should be charged for murder. From the sound of it, he didn't even enter the house. I'd like to see him put away on charges for trespassing and burglary, assault, and conspiracy in murder, and then sued for a large sum of money by McKinley.
    We don't know who was the leader, but I think regardless the charge is very appropriate. We shouldn't give people mere slaps on the wrist for something as serious as this. We need to set examples: do this and you will be sorry.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 12:15 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German, Danish, English
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Diver
    Politics
    Libertarian/Anarchicst
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Just think of the money she saved the tax payers by killing that scum. No incarceration fees. Simply amazing. Never threaten a mother with child, they are the most dangerous and justified of all creatures.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    And it's irrelevant how realistic they are. EQ Fighter himself said that it's justifiable to shoot in the face every person whose situation I described.
    No it is not justifiable to shoot people under the circumstances you described. People have to use common sense & self-restraint. I'm pretty sure EQ was referring to actual criminals, at least I hope he was.

I take it you didn't actually read EQ Fighter's post and that you don't understand the context of my reply.
    I did.

Quote Originally Posted by EQ Fighter View Post

This should not be difficult, Cross the Property line after dark and Die.

Here is some things I don't care about as a juror.

1) He was just looking around after dark and is really innocent.
    (too bad now you are dead, for being too stupid)

2) He changed his mind, and was now not going to commit the Robbery.
    (he should have changed his mind before he was inside the boundary of someone else's; property now he is dead.)

3) He was a mental retard, and did it by accident.
    (good deal, one fewer retard in the world)

4) was unarmed and just wanted to take some stuff that was not his.
    (As the old saying goes, Don't bring a Knife to a Gun fight")
    As I said I hope he is referring to actual, habitual criminals. The above sound like excuses criminals would use.

With rights - like the right-to-bear-arms - comes responsibility to use those rights in a responsible, intelligent manner. Just shooting at someone who happens to step foot on your property is stupid & paranoid.

I mean, since you thanked Patrioten's post, and Patrioten made the same point I did, minus the jokes, it's pretty obvious to me that that's the case.
    But your arguments sounds like the kind of scenerios lefty-marxists like to use to restrict gun rights.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    The castle doctrine doesn't provide folks with the legal ability to shoot at will anyone who may enter their property - it provides those who do prevent housebreaking with a full defense in court should they happen to need it, that gets misunderstood. There must still be cause that a reasonable person with that background would in that situation have thought danger was imminent, if you're in law enforcement but claiming you were afraid to death by a nine year old with a kitten in her arms, most juries and judges would laugh at you, no matter how nefarious the jurisdiction.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    No it is not justifiable to shoot people under the circumstances you described. People have to use common sense & self-restraint. I'm pretty sure EQ was referring to actual criminals, at least I hope he was.
    No, he wasn't. He was referring to anyone who makes the mistake of entering the property of another after dark, regardless of intent. In fact, these are his precise words regarding such people:

Quote Originally Posted by EQ Fighter
    (too bad now you are dead, for being too stupid)
    So carol singers, lost blindmen, and people collecting for cancer research are all fair game, and deserve to die for being 'stupid'.

With rights - like the right-to-bear-arms - comes responsibility to use those rights in a responsible, intelligent manner. Just shooting at someone who happens to step foot on your property is stupid & paranoid.
    So we agree.

But your arguments sounds like the kind of scenerios lefty-marxists like to use to restrict gun rights.
    Not at all. I already voted that I think the woman's actions were justified.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    610 Posts
    So carol singers, lost blindmen, and people collecting for cancer research are all fair game, and deserve to die for being 'stupid'.
    Well really those type of people usually come during daylight hours in rural areas. Also you don't get very many of those types of things in rural America. Most cases if someone is out on your property at night in a rural area they are trespassing and could be up to no good. The most important thing though about firearm ownership is the responsibility of making sure you know how and when to use your weapon, you should always know your target and what is beyond it. Most gun owners in America ( which is a lot ) are very responsible with their firearms otherwise we would have more accidental shootings.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast