Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scholl View Post
    I don't know why so many see fit to lay all the blame at Obama's feet. Half of your freedoms were taken away under George W. Bush, and Obama is just continuing the program. I'd suggest that both of them were only doing what they were told/forced to do by players behind the scene. And I'd suggest that Obama would have more misgivings about the role he is playing, whereas Bush seemed to quite enjoy trampling on people's freedoms, while grinning and telling them he was doing just the opposite.
    I think the fact that Obama, is a Democrat who have a long history in F-ing over representative government, as far back to Woodrow Wilson. They were the Marxist and Globalist party as far back as the 1900's.

But I will grant you, The Bushes both of them need to be doing time in a maximum security prison. As did the Clinton Administration.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 @ 02:56 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohrdruf View Post
    We must of course first read the full length of the legislation before passing judgment. However, as a non-US citizen one thing does occur to me.

Since the President and his administration are all US citizens, I am wondering if it would be possible at some stage for the US military to place them all in permanent detention as being "a potential threat to State security".

This US legislation could be used very much like Operation Valkyrie which aimed to legalize a military coup.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    You bring up a very interesting point that I had not considered myself until ye mentioned it.

Technically our leaders as US citizens would be vulnerable to detention under this bill, however I believe that since they are protected by government sponsored institutions which have the means of force to protect their creators that our leaders would only be subjected to detention if organizations like the FBI, CIA, etc... could be overpowered.

If push came to shove I believe that the United States military would be able to trump the FBI and CIA by sheer numbers if such a scenario came to happen, having known veterans and current servicemen I am aware that many soldiers hold loyalty ultimately to their families and friends and that if our leaders were to act in a way that disrespected the roles of the military that said servicemen could do what was necessary to right those wrongs, however I also consider that the current military involvement in the Middle East violates the convictions of some servicemen to begin with and yet they still serve as to fulfill the orders given to them by their officers so it's a coin toss as to whether or not despotic leaders would be dealt with appropriately within the terms of this bill.
    Lineage migration - Hatfield, Yorkshire, England ->Stainforth, Yorkshire, England ->Whitgift, Yorkshire, England->Blacktoft, Yorkshire, England->Mecklenburg County, Virginia ->Rutherford County, North Carolina ->Overton County, Tennessee.

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 07:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreldriver View Post
    Technically our leaders as US citizens would be vulnerable to detention under this bill, however I believe that since they are protected by government sponsored institutions which have the means of force to protect their creators that our leaders would only be subjected to detention if organizations like the FBI, CIA, etc... could be overpowered.
    You have just defined WHY the current US Government is NOT a Democracy and not even a real Republic but an Oligarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barreldriver View Post
    If push came to shove I believe that the United States military would be able to trump the FBI and CIA by sheer numbers if such a scenario came to happen, having known veterans and current servicemen I am aware that many soldiers hold loyalty ultimately to their families and friends and that if our leaders were to act in a way that disrespected the roles of the military that said servicemen could do what was necessary to right those wrongs, however I also consider that the current military involvement in the Middle East violates the convictions of some servicemen to begin with and yet they still serve as to fulfill the orders given to them by their officers so it's a coin toss as to whether or not despotic leaders would be dealt with appropriately within the terms of this bill.
    I think this is why they want as many, Latino's and Foreigners in the US Armed Forces as they can get. Because they want a ragtag group of thugs that they can command at will and who have no allegiance to the traditional America.

[Can anyone say Roman Empire here?]

But I will grant you, a military uprising most likely scares the hell out of the CIA and other corrupt organizations in the US government.

It would mean they would be facing the same sort of force they put off on others. This is why they are constantly looking for ways to control the many by the few. IE Oligarchy or control by the Elites.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 21st, 2012 @ 12:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    Germany, Scotland
    Subrace
    Baltid, Bruenn
    Country
    Anthropology Student
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohrdruf View Post
    We must of course first read the full length of the legislation before passing judgment. However, as a non-US citizen one thing does occur to me.

Since the President and his administration are all US citizens, I am wondering if it would be possible at some stage for the US military to place them all in permanent detention as being "a potential threat to State security".

This US legislation could be used very much like Operation Valkyrie which aimed to legalize a military coup.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    I very much wish! unfortunately, the United States is fairly bizarre among nations in that its military has historically taken a non activist standpoint in terms of politics.
    Maybe (if we are lucky) this will change in the near future. However, since many higher level government promotions (I don't know enough to speak as to our military) rely heavily on the political climate of a given time I would guess that this is highly unlikely.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 @ 02:56 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EQ Fighter View Post
    You have just defined WHY the current US Government is NOT a Democracy and not even a real Republic but an Oligarchy.
    Indeed, and we have Andrew Jackson to thank for the snow ball effect that lead to today's situation. ("Imperial Presidency", attempting to tamper with and predetermine future elections by promoting members of his own cabinet contrary to his claims to not want to do this and tampering with mail as to inhibit the promotion of views contrary to his own, the installment of Federal troops in civilian areas namely Charleston, South Carolina, etc...)

I think this is why they want as many, Latino's and Foreigners in the US Armed Forces as they can get. Because they want a ragtag group of thugs that they can command at will and who have no allegiance to the traditional America.

[Can anyone say Roman Empire here?]
    We are of similar mind here. Provide undue amnesties to squatters and earn their loyalty, install them in military positions, they not loyal to traditional Anglo-America would not hold its interests at heart, or boost the overconfidence of minorities by perpetuating claims of the "racist" nature of traditional Anglo-America, install the scathing minorities in military positions, they eager to "stick it to" traditional Anglo-America.

But I will grant you, a military uprising most likely scares the hell out of the CIA and other corrupt organizations in the US government.
    And so it should, this also though can be a shot in our own foot in that the fear on the behalf of these organizations can lead to the pushing of policies that impair the ability of the armed forces to perform its duty on the behalf of the people it is supposed to protect.

It would mean they would be facing the same sort of force they put off on others. This is why they are constantly looking for ways to control the many by the few. IE Oligarchy or control by the Elites.
    Aye, however with the question of control by the elites this is a mixed bag in my mind. As much as I despise the corporate monopoly on American policy I also do not want the lady who holds up a McDonald's cashier for not having chicken nuggets available at breakfast time to have as much sway in affairs as someone who earned a doctorate or at the least is an upstanding member of their community.
    Lineage migration - Hatfield, Yorkshire, England ->Stainforth, Yorkshire, England ->Whitgift, Yorkshire, England->Blacktoft, Yorkshire, England->Mecklenburg County, Virginia ->Rutherford County, North Carolina ->Overton County, Tennessee.

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yet Americans sit and DO NOTHING! I'm ill. More ill than i've ever been in my life. I cannot stand here idle any longer. I'm forming a lebanon county militia and am going to encourage other counties in Pennsylvania to do the same.
    Have any of my fellow white separatist Americans heard of the "Northwest Front"? I've been corresponding with them for about 2 weeks now. I got mycopy of the "White Book" and am studying it. Does anyone have any important info. on this movement? I need a review from one of my kinsmen.
    "The mystery and secret of Wotan is not that "knowledge" of him is passed along through clandestine cults or even through the re-discovery of old books and texts--but rather that such knowledge is actually encoded in a mysterious way in the DNA, in the very genetic material, of those who are descended from him." - Secret of the Gothick God of Darkness

Last Online
    Sunday, August 21st, 2016 @ 10:33 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England,Germany, Finland
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    New York New York
    natural law
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Mad

Is this a fictional story or not? Middle of 2012 is upon us and the economy is still in a rut if not even worse. Obama is going to lose and he knows it so what does he do. He starts by giving speeches about punishing the rich as usual and of course tax cheats. His goons and foot soldiers the 99%ers start to break out again all over american cities but this time they are more forceful than ever before, so law enforcement is brought in but only problem is there is not enough police to contain these thugs. So martial law is enforced then obama uses new us citizen detention bill and puts troublemakers like tea party people and the like behind bars or a barbed wire fence. Constitutional law is banned and a new ruler is appointed for life king obama. Will this happen? stay tuned.

Last Online
    4 Minutes Ago @ 06:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Vagrant
    Politics
    Nativism/Nationalism
    Religion
    Summum bonum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Unfortunately, Obama actually did sign the National Defense Authorization Act and this is not a bad joke.

See:
    http://articles.cnn.com/2011-12-31/politics/politics_obama-defense-bill_1_civilian-custody-legislators-military-custody?_s=PMOLITICS

"In particular, the legislators added language to make clear that nothing in the bill requiring military custody of al Qaeda suspects would interfere with the ability of civilian law enforcement to carry out terrorism investigations and interrogations in the United States."
    I find this especially interesting. They had to clarify the language because the FBI was pissed that the military was going to intrude on their territory, not that they gave a rat's *** about preserving the civil rights of American citizens.

"The threat that Americans face resides in Washington, D.C. - Paul Craig Roberts"
    I'm not sure I would agree with Paul Roberts on that. I think the fiercest threat that Americans face are themselves. We can't really expect any other situation for the country other than what we're seeing now given that we unfortunately have a virtually uneducated populace steeped in consumerism. They will sell their rights down the river and not care enough to even attempt to fix the situation until things get really ugly.

I'm very concerned about the possibilities that come emanate from this bill, but I'm not going to pretend that this is a "liberal problem" and couldn't have happened under Republican leadership.

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 05:10 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Country
    State
    Wisconsin Wisconsin
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Balders gate View Post
    Is this a fictional story or not? Middle of 2012 is upon us and the economy is still in a rut if not even worse. Obama is going to lose and he knows it so what does he do.
    Obama's going to win the election.

The incumbent always has a massive devil-you-know appeal to the populace. Toss in the withdrawal from Iraq, Osama's death, and the public perception that our involvement in Afghanistan is ending soon. It's an uphill battle for the GOP. We're seeing GOP politicians who have a chance of eventually becoming president(EG, Mitch Daniels) biding their time and letting has-beens like Gingrich and Santorum fight over who gets to deliver the stillborn baby.

I despise both parties. Flagrant restrictions on our rights are the only things both parties agree on. SOPA, the Patriot Act, et cetera. RIP, America.

Last Online
    Sunday, August 21st, 2016 @ 10:33 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England,Germany, Finland
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    New York New York
    natural law
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Mad

Quote Originally Posted by Berlichingen View Post
    Obama's going to win the election.

The incumbent always has a massive devil-you-know appeal to the populace. Toss in the withdrawal from Iraq, Osama's death, and the public perception that our involvement in Afghanistan is ending soon. It's an uphill battle for the GOP. We're seeing GOP politicians who have a chance of eventually becoming president(EG, Mitch Daniels) biding their time and letting has-beens like Gingrich and Santorum fight over who gets to deliver the stillborn baby.

I despise both parties. Flagrant restrictions on our rights are the only things both parties agree on. SOPA, the Patriot Act, et cetera. RIP, America.
    I hope your wrong but I am afraid your not. The media is now saying the economy is starting to pick up which I think is a total lie. This is so Obama can look good to the sheep of America. And also there is no real strong countermeasure to Obama.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast