Center-left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Role of Your Upbringing in Your Preservationism

I'd like to create this thread as a sort of offshoot of the "How did you become interested in preservation?" thread.

I read earlier today that upbringing and childhood plays a strong role in one's view of his/her own racial identity and attitude towards other races, while intelligence and cultural background play a smaller role. The book, whose title I unfortunately can't remember (I didn't read the whole thing - just a couple chapters in a bookstore), asserted that preservationists tend to have certain personality traits that stem from their upbringings. The book listed authoritarianism and a strong desire for social order as such traits.

Given that the people here identify as Germanics and hold the Germanic race and culture to be superior, I'm interested to see if the members here believe their childhoods/upbringing played a large role in the development of these views, especially when one of the example personality traits of preservationists (authoritarianism) seems to be opposed by many here (namely, the libertarians).

Were your parents preservationists, or did they encourage preservationism in any way? Did they do anything in favor of multiculturalism that resulted in strong negative consequences that you perceived?

NOTE: Thread title should read "Role OF your Upbringing in your preservationism." That's an embarrassing typo. My apologies! D=
    Last edited by CruxClaire; Thursday, December 29th, 2011 at 04:04 AM. Reason: typo in thread title
    Leben heißt für mich, mehr Träume in meiner Seele zu haben als die Realität zerstören kann.
    -Hans Kruppa

Senior Member Karpaten Befreier's Avatar
    Last Online
    Monday, May 14th, 2012 @ 01:26 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Transylvania Saxon
    Ancestry
    Siebenbürger Sachsen (probably some local people in there as well)
    Subrace
    Lappid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Politics
    Nationalismus
    Religion
    Gott ist mein Fuhrer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    My parents, I find, make differences between the races, but are willing to accept those who behave more like Westerners. Preservationism is something I hatched up myself. Most of my music teachers have been very Liberal (not coincidently one was a Jew) and I almost developed a sort of backlash against it after I was nearly brainwashed (at one point I actually started to agree with them.)

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 08:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I read earlier today that upbringing and childhood plays a strong role in one's view of his/her own racial identity and attitude towards other races, while intelligence and cultural background play a smaller role. The book, whose title I unfortunately can't remember (I didn't read the whole thing - just a couple chapters in a bookstore),
    My parents didn't teach me anything about preservation. Most of my friends are East-Asians and after being around them I felt like I didn't have a cultural home and came to it on my own. For me my most important values are; culture, identity, health, community, industriousness and family values. I set the bar high.

asserted that preservationists tend to have certain personality traits that stem from their upbringings. The book listed authoritarianism and a strong desire for social order as such traits.
    My parents have low social order and they taught me that growing up. Well that didn't work, so at a young age I developed my own social order. I decided what I agreed with and what I didn't agree with based upon my own moral values and outlook. I'll allow the same self planning with my kids when I have them. I understand behavioral genetics fairly well and I think that the personality for "social order" is mainly genetic (inherited) rather than cultural (taught). In the book "selfish reasons to have more kids" the author looks at what can and can't parents influence upon their child, and looking at adoptions studies he found that the only two solid parental influences are political and religious views - the rest seem to be totally the result of genetics. I strongly recommend that book. (I'm going to package my preservation views and try to pass them as some sort of political-religious zeitgeist to my kids, one that has a political/religious core to it, and is very moderate- similar to the way Japanese look at their heritage today)

Given that the people here identify as Germanics and hold the Germanic race and culture to be superior, I'm interested to see if the members here believe their childhoods/upbringing played a large role in the development of these views, especially when one of the example personality traits of preservationists (authoritarianism) seems to be opposed by many here (namely, the libertarians).
    I don't see Germanics as superior. I see it more as a home I was born into. A home flavor. Good and bad people exist in every group (I'm tired of saying this cliche).

Were your parents preservationists, or did they encourage preservationism in any way? Did they do anything in favor of multiculturalism that resulted in strong negative consequences that you perceived?
    No my parents don't really care. Once my mom told me I should only date white girls when I was in college - but that was the only time I ever heard that and I was surprised she said that. Other than that I've never heard them talk about race.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 @ 02:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Irish, German, Polish, Scottish, English
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Center-left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Most of my music teachers have been very Liberal (not coincidently one was a Jew) and I almost developed a sort of backlash against it after I was nearly brainwashed (at one point I actually started to agree with them.)
    Would you say that your parents general preference of Western culture to other culture or the negative aspects of your multiculturalism-favoring teachers was more influential in your preservationism?

I'm wondering if external factors might be more important than views within the family. I do, however, think that there's a good chance that there's a link between childhood and personality, and personality to preservationist views. I say this keeping in mind the high volume of INTP, INFP, and INTJ personality types on this forum.
    Leben heißt für mich, mehr Träume in meiner Seele zu haben als die Realität zerstören kann.
    -Hans Kruppa

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CruxClaire View Post
    Is your family "superior" to other people? Whether or not they are "superior" is inconsequential. They are YOUR family. This is how we feel about our people and culture. They are OURS, and thus we give them our love and preference. Your backstabbing cultural marxist ideology is showing.
    Most people think as they are trained to think, and most people make a majority.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 @ 02:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Irish, German, Polish, Scottish, English
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Center-left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They are YOUR family. This is how we feel about our people and culture. They are OURS, and thus we give them our love and preference. Your backstabbing cultural marxist ideology is showing.
    I think "superior" was, indeed, not the best possible word/phrasing I could have used. But I have come across many posters who have asserted that Germanics are, by nature, a superior race of people. I respect that your preference for Germanic culture comes from a type of family loyalty. However, I think some here certainly do hold Germanics to be superior to other ethnicities. I have been told by a couple members here that the views of superiority are important in the encouragement of preservation and the ultimate death of multiculturalism.

As far as my "backstabbing cultural Marxist ideology," I would jut like to say that while I'm not a preservationist myself, I'm not here to threaten preservationists or attempt to change your views. More than anything, I'm here to learn more about Germanic culture and get a better, more unbiased picture of preservationism and its supporters.
    -Hans Kruppa

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, August 16th, 2019 @ 06:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    My upbringing certainly played a good part, unlike many others who were left all to themselves to discover the cause of our people, I was in part raised that way, by virtue of my grandparents who very positively kindled that spirit in myself through stories, example, and an early introduction into the problems of the past and present, as well as knowing what mattered and what didn't.

I think the upbringing may play a central role in how you approach people. Personally, for instance, when it comes to foreigners, I deal with them more pragmatically than many who see the problem and react to it. Since I knew from early on what to expect of certain cultures and its members, it is easy to tell what is a cultural pecularity, what is bollocks, and where their personal place in the world may or may not be; I actually have a healthy respect for many cultures, but I've been taught also to observe differences and to draw boundaries.

At the same time it however means that if I'm asked about why I feel about a certain issue, that I may be lost for an answer, because some of it comes naturally. Much like you may not be able to explain why the multi-cultural doctrine seems so "natural and fine" to you, I find it difficult to explain why the preservationist, ethnocentric doctrine seems so natural and fine to me.

I think "superior" was, indeed, not the best possible word/phrasing I could have used. But I have come across many posters who have asserted that Germanics are, by nature, a superior race of people.
    I cannot say whether we are superior, but we are certainly not very far from perfection. Many of the things we now take for granted, and had to be re-introduced into our societies, such as farming co-operatives or women's rights were already known amongst the elders. I do think that we are on some sort of a moral high ground, and whilst it is a sign of our innate nobility, it is also our greatest problem: Hospitality, compassion and a healthy level of Weltschmerz can easily be abused by those who mean ill.

To me, we're just us, and we have our standards which we seek to uphold, the question of superiority or inferiority never even occurred to me until I came across the type of sentiment where a Polish man in his thirties gladly tells you how much impact Germans left in his native area, or where an Italian man in his forties desperately wants to be seen as a Germanic of sorts and descendant of the Goths because his grandmother had blond hair and her maiden name was Tedeschi.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Senior Member Karpaten Befreier's Avatar
    Last Online
    Monday, May 14th, 2012 @ 01:26 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Transylvania Saxon
    Ancestry
    Siebenbürger Sachsen (probably some local people in there as well)
    Subrace
    Lappid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Politics
    Nationalismus
    Religion
    Gott ist mein Fuhrer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Would you say that your parents general preference of Western culture to other culture or the negative aspects of your multiculturalism-favoring teachers was more influential in your preservationism?
    Well, I think that it was a bit of both because my parents would often make very un-PC remarks, and therefore the ideology of those teachers didn't seem right to me. As well, one of the teachers (the Jew) brought in gays one day to school (sort of like on display) so that we learn more from them and become more accepting. Then the next day, an Armenian boy said at one point, quite randomly, "Ewww! Gays!" The teacher was burning with anger: What's wrong with gays! They're just like you and me! I think I realized then the absence of freedom of speech and expression this new liberal movement would bring.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    54 Minutes Ago @ 06:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    556 Posts
    The book listed authoritarianism and a strong desire for social order as such traits.

Well, living in the political correct Western World of today, it certainly takes a fair amount of anti-authoritarianism for most individuals to be able to reach the conclusion of preservation/Nationalism as the ideal world view. For my own part, authoritarianism has never been a driving force in reaching a preservationist state of mind, and I am still very much a livid opponent to authoritarianism.

My parents have been fairly conventional in their relation to multiculturalism and preservationism. Typical proponents of civic nationalism, with a modest amount of innocent xenophobia. They've never tried to instill any sense of National identity or pride in myself. My grandparents on the other hand has been a bit more vocal on those kind of subjects, telling me to be proud of my heritage and ancestry, but nothing really out of the ordinary.

To be honest, I don't know what exactly turned me on to the path of preservationism. But considering I've been on both ends of the spectrum through my adolescence (being an anti-fa scumbag during my mid-teens), leads me to believe an intrinsic concern, appreciation and commitment towards whatever I perceive to be my home, tribe and identity to be a central part of it. The decisive factor that eventually lead me away from the position of anti-fa, was simply a re-definition of those three concepts.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations