Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which Germanic Language is the Purest?

Account Inactive

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    GPWW
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimston View Post
    T
    It really is however you wish to spin the issue...And Germany was the core of the Holy Roman Empire, which England never took part in, as a free Germanic island nation.
    I would say most inhabitants of the British Isles would object to be classified as a "Germanic island nation". Because they aren't. The majority of the Welsh, Scots and Irish consider themselves as Celtic. England itself is a multi-ethnic nation, even before WW2 when it was complete White. Romano-Britons, Picts, Anglo-Saxons, Jutes, Danes, French Normans, Celts were the basic stock of the English people. So no wonder, that English as a language is classified as only "barely" West-Germanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimston View Post
    Germany never had Scandinavian monarchs or a Scandinavian region. Not even Prussia counts for that.
    One of the few the Germans did right. Because to lash out against the Swedes would be as sinful and self-destructive as the Anglo-Saxon's lashing out against the Germans (British anti-Germanism).
    ---
    Annotation for the General public.

Why?

The Swedes are the "Mother-nation" of many Teutonic tribes, for example both Eastern and Western Goths originate from Gotland (Sweden).

If there is a Germanic destiny (YGGDRASIL or Tree of Life) or common destiny, then the German's No.1 task is to avert harm from the Swedes, thus side with them when there is major dispute. They have no other obligation whatsoever, and certainly not to the tribe of Juda.

Just as in 2002, when from the Zionist-BE-Anglo-Saxon side vile attacks against Hans Blix (a Swede) for his "denial" that Iraq had WMD were launched. Since then Sweden bashing occurs frequently in the Neocon related Anglo-American MSM. German chancellor Schroeder did his duty by sticking with the factual truth and siding with Sweden's Hans Blix, denying G.W. Bush a "just" war motive. Sweden its self was a neutral in both WWs withstanding all pressure by Roosevelt and Churchill to participate in the crusade, along with Ireland. Both were punted after the war by getting only relative late an UN-seat in NYC and no US handouts from the Marshall Plan.
    I want the German readers here to understand that.

The following "off spring" of the Germans is sentenced to share the German fate, whether they like it or not: Dutch, Vlaams, Walloons (a Francophone Alemanni Tribe related to their brethren in Luxembourg, Lorraine and Palatine), Boers and Anglo-Saxons.

So in all consequence the British government has to extirpate it's Germanic Anglo-Saxon elements and to promote racial intermarriage to get rid of them, in the long run. And that happens since the early 1950s, WSC's second term.

The Germans themselves are going to share the Swedish fate, just like the Norwegian and Danes, whether they like it or not. It is true, the Danes may be allowed to act anti-German (because they share just the Swedish fate, not the German)---but it is nonetheless counterproductive to Germanic preservation.

---Message to all Germans: Don't let yourself seduce to bash Swedes/Sweden.
    It will fire back, just as the Anglo-Saxon bashing of Germans/Germany fires back and ultimately will lead to their extinction as a race. If criticism toward Sweden/Swedish people or politics is due, do it in a polite and loving manner.
    But also: Not everyone on the Internet or bulletin boards who claims to be Swedish is really a Swede. Don't let yourself dupe by false-flag characters---

Roslagen til Danelagen
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Vķnsk
    Ancestry
    Engelsk (Autosomal), Uppland (Y-DNA) och Dalarna (mtDNA)
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-BY30613
    mtDNA
    K2A5A1
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Väring och Vķking
    Politics
    Munsöätten
    Religion
    Forn Sed
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    359 Posts
    MCPThree: Your statements are quite garbled gibberish. What is to be gained from Germans digging in their heels towards English people, if you dislike the opposite? English and Americans should also reciprocate fellowship of blood.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, July 29th, 2012 @ 03:18 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Subrace
    Homo sapians-sapians
    Country
    United States United States
    Single adult
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Dark Energy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Saying that German is a "pure" language is just an exercise in semantics. The 1st genuine Germanic language has been estimated by linguists to have come into existence around 500 BC. It is believed that it emerged as a blend of Hallstatt Proto-Celtic and the corded-ware Proto-Slavic. (From Eupedia.com)

Last Online
    Thursday, July 12th, 2012 @ 06:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    English-German
    Ancestry
    England and Germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Youth
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    I'm sorry, but that sounds like bull.

Personally, I would very much like to see the native English speakers replenish the Anglo-Saxon roots of their language where it has been swept aside by French. I remember coming across a website quite some time ago which aimed to do just that. It had lists of the most commonly used French and Latin-originating vocabulary together with their Anglo-Saxon equivalent. I think it gave the English language a much more wholesome way of expression. If anyone knows which website I'm referring to, please don't hesitate to speak up.
    Are you speaking of the Anglish Moot?

http://anglish.wikia.com/wiki/Headside

I have a hatred for the Latin corruption of the Germanic tongues, mostly of English thanks to Shakespeare and the backstabbing Normans. I use this site when I write essays for my English class to keep the Latin and French out.

I hate the idea that the Roman tongue is somehow more "sophisticated", "intelligent", and "cultured" than Germanic tongues. Most of our own seem to see it that way. Every other race has pride in their own kind and stick together, why can't we? (Other than the fact that it's seen as racist if Germanics have pride in who they are)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Laetest For This Useful Post:

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laetest View Post
    Are you speaking of the Anglish Moot?
    They still make errors manifold: "Manifold is its landform with high bergs along the Appalachish and Rockies, to green dales, thick in growth, grasslands, and mighty highlands."

The word for mountain would be barrow in the way that more or less whichever is rendered as -rg/-rk in German is rendered as -rrow in English (and -lg/-lk usually as -llow): cf. Sorge - sorrow, harken - to harrow, (Knochen-) Mark - (bone) marrow, Morgen - morrow, folgen - to follow. (NOT: melken - to milk, this is via Proto-Germanic melkanan)

[One also sees this must have occurred already after the first Scandinavian influence, cf. ON felagi - fellow.]

This is also true for Berg - barrow. Of course what we understand as a barrow is usually but a hunegrave, but in a flat area this is precisely what makes a "mountain", we would laugh at some hills ending on "-berg" even in Eastern Austria also.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 07:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Anglo Saxon, Frankish, Swabian, and Alemannen
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid+Atlantid+Borreby
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single adult
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Icelandic and Faroese seem to be the most "pure," although Frisian seems rather unchanged as well.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 12th, 2012 @ 06:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    English-German
    Ancestry
    England and Germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Youth
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm planning on learning Icelandic now if it's the purest. I've always liked that it didn't adopt Latin and Greek words like the rest of the Germanic languages have. What are the differences between it and Old Norse?

Last Online
    Sunday, June 20th, 2021 @ 09:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    National Capitalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MCP3 View Post
    I would say most inhabitants of the British Isles would object to be classified as a "Germanic island nation". Because they aren't.
    I would say most people in Britain don't know what the term "Germanic" means, and would object to it on that basis alone. Regardless of that, most people in Britain are undoubtedly Germanic.

The majority of the Welsh, Scots and Irish consider themselves as Celtic. England itself is a multi-ethnic nation, even before WW2 when it was complete White. Romano-Britons, Picts, Anglo-Saxons, Jutes, Danes, French Normans, Celts were the basic stock of the English people.
    Apart from some recent immigrants, the Irish live on Ireland not Britain, so that part of your claim is an obvious error. As for the rest, that's a nonsense. Prior to WW2 there were only two types of people of any importance inhabiting England - the English and some foreign immigrants. If we were to follow your reasoning we would be saying that the Germans are made up of Celts, Wends, Sorbs, Huns, Romans, French, etc. But that would be just as untrue. The Germans are a nation, as are the English.

So no wonder, that English as a language is classified as only "barely" West-Germanic.
    Watch it, your Anglophobia is showing.

One of the few the Germans did right. Because to lash out against the Swedes would be as sinful and self-destructive as the Anglo-Saxon's lashing out against the Germans (British anti-Germanism).
    Denmark is considered more the home of the Germanic languages than Sweden is. And we all know Germany would never dare "lash out" against the Danes don't we...

Since then Sweden bashing occurs frequently in the Neocon related Anglo-American MSM.
    Really? REALLY?

Sweden hardly makes the news at all here. Ask most people about Sweden and all they will talk about is blonde girls, saunas, and IKEA.

German chancellor Schroeder did his duty by sticking with the factual truth
    This is the same Schroeder that has since sent troops to both Kosovo and Afghanistan, legalised gay marriages, and relaxed the immigration laws in Germany? I never thought i'd hear him being praised on this board.

As for the other stuff, how you have tried to change a discussion on Germanic linguistics into yet another debate about WW2, and then tacked on a full scale attack on the entire Anglo-Saxon world, is beyond me.
    I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger.
    I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night.
    Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power!
    I AM BEOWULF!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Angelcynn Beorn For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Sunday, June 20th, 2021 @ 09:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    National Capitalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Regarding Icelandic being the purest Germanic language i have some questions. Does Icelandic follow the other Nordic languages in making the definite article a suffix? Does it follow the Swedish practice of having En/Ett distinctions?

To the best of my knowledge both of these are later changes to the language that were not present in Proto-Germanic, and would seem to be at least as big a shift away from the "pure Germanic" concept as the adoption of non-Germanic loan words.
    I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger.
    I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night.
    Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power!
    I AM BEOWULF!

Retarded in mysterious ways
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    7 Hours Ago @ 11:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelcynn Beorn View Post
    Does Icelandic follow the other Nordic languages in making the definite article a suffix? Does it follow the Swedish practice of having En/Ett distinctions?
    Yes. Icelandic has three different genders of definite article suffixes; '-inn' (masculine), '-ķn' (feminine), and -iš' (neuter).

To the best of my knowledge both of these are later changes to the language that were not present in Proto-Germanic, [...]
    Do have any sources that points to that? I've been trying to find out myself, as well, but so far, I haven't found any good evidence to support such claim.

[...] and would seem to be at least as big a shift away from the "pure Germanic" concept as the adoption of non-Germanic loan words.
    I beg to differ. Comparing the importance (in the regard of 'Germanic purity') of Icelandic's 99% (approx.) Germanic originating vocabulary, to that of a single, isolated grammatical divergence, is hardly fair.

Besides, Icelandic has retained lot of old Germanic grammatical rules that has disappeared in most other Germanic languages a long time ago.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast