Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralf Rossa View Post

Case in point being King Authur, one king among the many and long line of Kings England had prior to the Roman Invasion, recorded in the Welsh Chronicles which are in turn verified by other European ancestry that can trace its lineage back to Noah.
    Back to Noah? I'm sorry but there are so many things wrong with that statement that I hardly know where to begin in trying to address it. First of all, outside of the Bible there is no evidence for Noah or for any for his descendants. The Bible for it's part is a very poor source of historical information as is shown by (among many other things) it's woefully inaccurate figure for the age for the earth at around 6000 years instead of 4.5 billion or getting age of humanity wrong by at least 96 thousand years.

So, just because it might say in the bible that "Noah begat Ishmael and Ishmael begat Ichabod and Ichabod begat Mordecai" etc that doesn't mean that any of that actually happened.

Therefore if you want to prove the existence of Cuchulain, King Arthur or any other legendary figure you have to do a lot better than simply point to the ramblings and ravings a 4000 year old bronze age relic.
    Close observation may result in feelings of horror, wonder and awe at world you find yourself inhabiting.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 18th, 2012 @ 06:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany (SCH, NRW), England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married parent
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by renownedwolf View Post
    It verifies nothing, tracing a line going back to 'Noah' pinched from 'The Epic of Gilgamesh' was more than likely fabricated to give ruling families more of a basis for justifying their rule as one of 'God's' chosen representatives and shouldn't be taken as truth. If I recall, I read somewhere that Odin is included still in some lineages.

Maximus, are there any mentions of Berserker types of warriors in Romano-Greek mythology?
    Not to the extent or quite the same as they are in Germanic or Celtic traditions.

If I recall Hercules would go into a Berserker like state when he fought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12