Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Nordic People Really the Purest?

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 04:52 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Vest-Agder Vest-Agder
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Nationalist, yet hater of none
    Religion
    Love for Åsatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    There are quite a few "Nordid" people in Afghanistan and Iran. I guess you would not call them Germanic? A finn being Nordid does not make him Germanic.

Nordic countries = Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden and Denmark), Finland, Iceland and associated territories.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 16th, 2017 @ 06:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Subrace
    Hallstatt-Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Scandinavia
    - Almost a non-existent migration period compared to migrations in the aftermath of the Roman,"mongol" and Arab/Ottoman empires.
    - As far as I can recall, never physically conquered or assimilated by a foreign enemy over a long period of time(Finland was under Russia a hundred years or so, but thats it)
    - Most likely never had more than 5-10 % migrants or slaves within its borders.
    - The traditional main trade route in Europe went from Northern Italy to the benelux countries. Looks a lot like the original European union(before De Gaulle died and everything got fucked up)
    - We belonged to the periphery and historically had more people moving out than in.
    - The black plague and the killing of much of the European population gave long periods of rebuilding in Europe. Most likely, the richest soil were reclaimed/rebuilt first, and therefore, once again, less migration to Scandinavia.

This belongs to history, in recent history we have now been integrated into the same shit as all the other European countries. Having foreign prime minister, foreign king and now even Africans and Asians.

Speaking of the golden years. Ive heard something about populations being "buried" into pockets of ice for long periods of time? Do any have information about this?

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Nordics are "pure" in the sense that they certainly have less admixture with foreign groups than some east-Slav and Balkan populations, but to associate this with being "pure white" is silly, because there isn't really any such thing as "pure white".

"White" is one of those non-scientific terms that gets used and misused in so many different ways.

Nordids, a relatively "pure" Aurignacid (Nordid-Mediterranid spectrum) sub-race, found refuge in Scandinavia, but as another member pointed out, relatively pure Aurignacids can even be found in West/South Asia.

Pashtun man of Afghanistan.

When you consider that we share distant ancestors with this man, it makes sense that relatively unaltered descendants of them can be found in a variety of places.

Anyway, as everyone probably knows, most West/South Asians have obvious admixture. This means that as a whole their population cannot be considered very "pure", even though relatively "pure" individuals or even small tribes/groups exist.

As for Nordics being the purest, I'm not really sure, but I wouldn't know why their "level of purity" would be mind-blowingly different from any other relatively isolated European group.
    All that is necessary for Evil to triumph is for good Men to do Nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renownedwolf View Post
    Both Odin and Thor are described as redhaired. So no.
    Thor is being described as red haired. But never heard Wodan being described as a redhead. And also in the case of Donar, the red hair is an attribute that identifies the god. In this case the red is the fire that can be caused by lighting. One must not consider these things as descriptions of physical beings.
    The sense of honor is of so fine and delicate a nature that
    it is only to be met with in minds which are naturally noble or
    cultivated by good examples and a refined education.
    - Sir Richard Steele

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 @ 01:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Well I think Odin has been described as both red bearded and white bearded, whether the hair on his head was meant to be, I'm not sure. I have a red beard and blonde hair so I know that it's possible.

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=1135038

I agree with your symbolism and allegory and I would hazard a guess that there were redhaired people around to give them familiarity with the archetype also.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Vest-Agder Vest-Agder
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Religion
    Love for Åsatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GroeneWolf View Post
    Thor is being described as red haired. But never heard Wodan being described as a redhead. And also in the case of Donar, the red hair is an attribute that identifies the god. In this case the red is the fire that can be caused by lighting. One must not consider these things as descriptions of physical beings.
    Two of Odins nicknames are Raudgrani and Granraude, which literally means Redbeard.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 04:38 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    My known ancestry is Norwegian
    State
    Nordic Union Nordic Union
    Politics
    Identitarian
    Religion
    Germanic & Indo-European Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhardt View Post
    Being partially Nordid is a strong sign of being Germanic.

Many Finns tend to be Finn/Nordid hybrids due to eastbound Vikings.
    Sorry, but which documented sub-racial element in physical anthropology do you mean by "Finn"? The ethnic Finnish people are composed of various European sub-races, with Nordid being one of them. Blond hair and blue eyes, though, are so common among the Finns that I would seriously doubt that it all came from Sweden.

However, even in the Nordic countries, there are strong percentages of R1b and R1a.
    Yes. R1a (about 25% of the Y-DNA lineages of the ethnic Scandinavian population) most certainly was brought to Europe by the Indo-Europeans (which is why you can also find it in parts of Asia where the early Indo-European tribes traveled). The R1a-percentage is highest among certain Slavic groups, like the Poles (55%).
    R1b (also about 25% of the Scandinavian Y-DNA) was probably also brought to Europe by Indo-European speakers

The oldest Y-DNA haplogroup in Scandinavia is I1 (about 35% of Scandinavian Y-DNA), which must be derived from the old Northern hunter-gatherers.

Last Online
    Monday, August 20th, 2012 @ 04:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic American
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sorry, but which documented sub-racial element in physical anthropology do you mean by "Finn"?
    N haplogroup 58.5% in Finnland, type I 28%, Finn Nordid hybrid by my definition. I only follow genetics, not anthropology.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_N_%28Y-DNA%29
    http://www.eupedia.com/europe/europe...logroups.shtml
    There is only 7.5% r1a and 3.5% r1b, which is a very low input compared to most of Eastern and Western Europe. There are no purebred countries anywhere in the world, but Finnland's outsider influences are still quite low. Although r1a and r1b are not bad inputs to add.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Vest-Agder Vest-Agder
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Religion
    Love for Åsatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    When you say Nordid, do you mean the phenotype? Or are you just using the wrong word for Scandinavian?

Last Online
    Monday, August 20th, 2012 @ 04:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic American
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    There are quite a few "Nordid" people in Afghanistan and Iran. I guess you would not call them Germanic? A finn being Nordid does not make him Germanic.
    Never said it did. In fact, I would not say they were Nordid either, only mixed with them.
    That is why I said it was an indicator, while there are obvious cultural differences. I personally rate sub-race >>> language.
    Of course, Iran means homeland of the Aryans, but the modern people there have mixed with the Turkish types, and possibly also Dravidians.
    I would not call them Nordid I, but R1a pre-Slavic, but I have been trying not to label them lately, but you brought it up first.

When you say Nordid, do you mean the phenotype? Or are you just using the wrong word for Scandinavian?
    I only refer to type I, haven't been referring to language at all in this thread.
    I have been careful not to use Nordic, which refers to culture, but you can go back and double check.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast