Thread: Your Opinion on Teutonic Wicca and Witchdom of the True?

Last Online
    Monday, March 5th, 2012 @ 05:07 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland/ Ireland/ Germany/ Eastern Europe
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Colorado Colorado
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Full-Time Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question Your Opinion on Teutonic Wicca and Witchdom of the True?

How does this forum look upon Teutonic Wicca? How about Witchdom of the True?

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 30th, 2019 @ 07:33 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If you follow a reconstructionist paradigm, you have to concede that most of "Wicca" is stuff that has been made up in the last 60 years. Is that bad? Well, it's not the ways of our ancestors.

As a lot of the old ways have been lost, some people see fit to fill the gaps with their closest reference point, which is New Age stuff. Most really hard core Heathen reconstructionists find this offensive or at least intellectually dishonest.

Me? As long you're extremely honest about what you are doing, and don't pass it off as some ancestral religion, feel free. What you do is between you and the gods.

My main problem with Wicca is not what people do religiously, it's the type of people that the religion attracts: hippies, sexual deviants, the mentally ill, and the occasional charlatan. If you're a heterosexual, monogamous, meat eating individual who can hold down a job and who doesn't believe in mystical eco-feminist mumbo-jumbo, you're not going to fit in with Wicca. Even if you put a Germanic spin on it.
    Last edited by Thorwald; Sunday, December 4th, 2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: edited for clarity

Love Conquers All
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorwald View Post
    If you're a heterosexual, monogamous, meat eating individual who can hold down a job and who doesn't believe in mystical eco-feminist mumbo-jumbo, you're not going to fit in with Wicca. Even if you put a Germanic spin on it.
    Unfortunately I've also found this to be true... at least where I live. I went to a wiccan bonfire once. Yeah, I'm not going to be doing that again. If someone was into wicca with a germanic twist then I'm not really sure what would be preventing them from looking into the ways of our ancestors.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 21st, 2012 @ 12:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    Germany, Scotland
    Subrace
    Baltid, Bruenn
    Country
    United States United States
    Anthropology Student
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have to agree, most Wicca I've been exposed to has been self contradictory and "soft". I personally can't deny that I'm at least a little offended when they use invocations to our gods alongside invocations to other seemingly random deities.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 05:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    I remember the 1990s when Wicca came into vogue, and the pentagram was a trending fad. Sadly, it all seemed like a Hippie revival marketing scam meant to pay off their drug habits and lack of purposeful lives. Those times were really embarrassing, and my consultation with the sagas put them to shame.

Unfortunately, much of this is rooted to early 20th century ideals that the Nazis embraced, and Neo-Naziism finds strange bedfellows with Hippies.

I wish I could simply appreciate this heritage without the associations to extremists of either stripe. If I am a Heathen at all, of any measure, it is in an academic nature.

That is not to say that I enjoy deconstruction of Beowulf passages, because this is a major problem too. I treasure it for what it is, take or leave it...just like with Christianity.

I feel some intuitive understanding of Heathenry and Christianity without having to analyze either with fluff. I'd appreciate meeting more conventional and honest traditionalists... and I know it is off-topic, but those who are Heathen while being pro-Christian and anti-Wiccan. Not to say there are no laughingstocks in Christendom either!

Last Online
    Saturday, September 2nd, 2017 @ 05:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Germanic/Eastern European
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Dietsland Dietsland
    State
    Nederland Nederland
    Family
    wife / children
    Politics
    Pagan
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    in my opinion, our ancestors also adopted and created rites and such, so why not use your own imagination, as long as it is relevant to our gods and spirits.

so if someone uses "traditional witchcraft" and our gods, fine!
    but I think the 3 times back bouncing of magic is nonsense, just think how our ancestors would use that! when the romans or other enemy's came

their war magic or at the viking age nidstongg would bounce back 3 times ! LOL I don't think so !

so im my eye's, be free, be creative, but keep it real.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    4 Hours Ago @ 12:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Australopithicus
    Country
    Other Other
    Zionism
    Religion
    Judaism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    17 Hours Ago @ 10:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    The "Teutonic" was a holy order of Jesus Christ with the goal to conquer the ancient Holy Land to the Christendom. This wicca what-is-that is a keltic neopogan sect obiviously what has nothing to do with the Teutonic Order. The latinised word "Teutonic" has comen from the Old German "Deutisc" mean simply "German", "deutsch". The Ancient Keltic heathendom had nothing to do with the Ancient Germanic heathendom. It is a nonsense like as a "German" "Highlander great plaid".

"Remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus,"or that virtue "was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice."
    /King Baldwin IV in the Kingdom of Heaven/

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 05:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Wiccans and "Druids" make me laugh at them when they get haughty, stuffy and snooty, acting like they know everything and have any place to talk.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, January 6th, 2019 @ 05:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Aryo-Germanic
    Ancestry
    1/2 German, 3/8 English, 1/8 Welsh
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    V10b
    Country
    England England
    State
    Northumberland Northumberland
    Scorpio
    Family
    Parent,Co-habiting
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Exposing idiocy
    Religion
    Wodenist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    253 Posts
    My book review from 2011 http://celto-germanic.blogspot.com/2...ue-review.html

Witchdom of the True-a Review

I have just completed my first reading of Edred Thorsson`s Witchdom of the True A Study of the Vana-Troth and the Practice of Seidhr. As always Edred provides penetrating insight into the subject at hand. He starts with establishing the history of the Vana-Troth in Scandinavia, Germany and England and its subsequent suppression by the powerful Christian Church. It would benefit us all, whether we be Asa-tru, Vana-tru or followers of the modern religion of Wicca to realise that the very term wicca is an Old English term meaning the male practitioner of wiccedom[witchdom], wiccecraeft [witchcraft] or wiccung [witching]. It is correctly pronounced 'WITCHuh' and not 'wicker'. The female practitioner was known as a wicca ['WITCHah']. The 'Lord` and 'Lady' of Wicca are none other than the Vanir Freyr and Freyja. Whilst this is a legitimate Germanic path and should be regarded as a twin pillar of the Germanic Troth the modern revival of the religion is largely divorced from its Germanic cultural and spiritual roots and has been used as a tool in recent decades by neo-Marxists to promote their genocidal multicultural and multiracial agenda.

One cannot and should not 'pick and choose' one`s Gods: they are part of one's DNA, one's flesh and blood. For many years we of the folkish Odinist/Wodenist/Wotanist path have realised this. Religion is inseperable from the racial identity of a given folk. By studying the true Vana origins of Wicca individual practitioners of this path may begin to hear and respond to the Call of the Blood and begin to restructure their practices and beliefs in line with the authentic and traditional practices and beliefs of the Germanic folk to which Vana-tru belongs.

Edred in this book explores the differences between Asa-tru and Vana-tru but also points out their commonality of belief. Whilst Asa-tru focuses on being true to the Aesir Gods and Goddeses Vana-tru focuses on the Vanir who occupied different functions from the Aesir. It should be remembered though that after the First War of the Gods and their subsequent truce and peace agreement the Vanir were joined to and largely subsumed by the Aesir under the lordship of All-Father Woden Himself. However although now part of the Aesir they maintained a seperate identity as Vanir.

The differences between the paths of authentic Vana-tru Wicca and Asa-tru are also to be seen in their different approaches to magic. Vana-tru practitioners use seidr as their principal approach which involves entering trance states and possibly a certain amount of shamanism whilst the Erulian's principal magical tool is the Runes. The Rune Master does not enter into a trance state but approaches the Runes with a combination of intellect [being cognisant of the history, traditions and poems connected to the Runes] and inspiration. Rune Magic has a more intellectual and a less emotional component than seidhr. The principal God of the Runes and Asa-tru is of course the All-Father and Rune Lord Woden whilst in Vana-tru and Wicca it is the Lord and Lady, Freyr and Freyja.

Throughout the book Edred appeals to those who find themselves in the Wicca religion to research and acknowledge the Germanic basis to their religion and for it to be reformed along authentic, traditional, folkish and Germanic lines. There is much work to be done but this book represents an effective and intelligent start and basis for Vana-tru revival within Wicca.