Radical Traditionalist
    Religion
    Gottgläubig
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

German Schoolchildren and 'Holocaust' Weariness

A report issued by a German Foreign Ministry delegation that deals with teaching the lessons of the Holocaust to German school children said that many children in the country are becoming weary of this subject, even to the point that they may be suffering from what is now being called “Holocaust fatigue”. The report was given by Dr. Benedikt Haller, a Foreign ministry official who is involved in relations with Jewish organizations in respect to issues involving the Holocaust and anti-Semitism.

The gist of the problem, according to Haller, revolves around a new generation of educators who believe that German children “must know the truth about what happened in their country before and during WWII”. Previously, not all the actual details had been conveyed to schoolchildren, perhaps for the reason that their parents and others of the same age group were embarrassed by what had happened during the Holocaust. This new idea of literally “bombarding” German children with literature dealing with this subject has now worked in reverse of what it was intended to do.

An example of this feeling was expressed in a recent cartoon in Der Speigel, one of Germany’s top newspapers. In this cartoon, a young, bewildered German student is standing in a bookstore that is literally crammed with books and other literature dealing with the Holocaust. This cartoon ironically came out on the 60th anniversary of Adolf Hitler’s rise to power.

A specially designed comic book, entitled “The Search”, has recently been introduced into German school curriculum, and deals with Jewish children of about the same age who became victims of the Holocaust. German schoolchildren are required to read the book and afterwards discuss it in class. German kids then give their ideas of what they would have done if in the same situation.

These issues come on the eve of German’s Chancellor Angela Merkel’s planned visit to Israel in which she addressed the Knesset in her native language – German. This has already been criticized by some officials in Israel, while others do not have a problem with it as German is, after all, Merkel’s native tongue. The German Chancellor visited Israel not long after she took up her post, and visited the Holocaust memorial at Yad Vashem. Her uncomfortable feelings regarding her country’s past were very evident during this visit.

A new Holocaust remembrance and memorial office is soon to be opened in Berlin, which Haller is very proper since Berlin was the city where the Holocaust actually began during the1930′s and where acts of genocide against were later planned.

If German children are taught less about their country’s darker past, it could later reflect on how they feel about Israel and Jews in general, and could result in a rise in antisemitism in Germany. And as the well said saying goes: “he who forgets the lessons of history is doomed to repeat them”.
    http://www.onejerusalem.com/2008/03/...caust-fatigue/

Perhaps when they realise the manipulation being served them under the guise of history the effect will be anger...'he who forges the lessons of history is likely to get bitten on the arse'.

Perhaps there is a future where these kids will increasingly begin to ask 'what the hell are we being taught here?'

When a so-called 'holocaust victim' came to talk at my son's school I made sure he did not attend the indoctrination session....
    “unless they know, mystically, that beneath the concrete lies the earth which has nourished their race for a thousand years and ... that it is their own earth from which their blood is shed and renewed, then they are a lost people, and easy prey for those who have lacked roots for many centuries"
    A. K. Chesterton

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Württemberg, Franconia and I recently discovered old ancestors in Saxony
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Baden-Wuerttemberg Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Even in my school days back in the 90s we were already sick of this topic. Pupils here just sit in history class to get it over with, I and my schoolmates didn't care about WWII and the Holocaust. Nobody who's not completely brainwashed feels guilty about anything. Why should we? They can teach as much WWII in school as they want, time is working against them. The more time goes by, the more pupils become indifferent. The only ones who still celebrate their guilt complex are our politicians, bowing down to any idiot who claims to be a war victim or a descendant. I've never seen any reason to feel bad about the past. And I know my grandparents and other relatives were no evil bloodthirsty creatures.

All people here, not only school kids, literally get bombarded with war literature of Holocaust survivors or docus on TV, the most prominent docu guy is probably Guido Knoop. He must be obsessed with the topic, there is hardly anything else he publishes. Of course all his works are in favour of the typical mainstream teaching, with evil Germany etc. Honestly? I couldn't care less and in RL I don't know many people who do.

Eala Freia Fresena
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, July 29th, 2019 @ 12:24 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    'discuss' in doublespeak means produce feelings of guilt.

-as German kids in school are already pressed about many things, they just refuse to do it. It is faked and thus even more loathed.

Too much brainwashing obviously produces the opposite effect.

It is funny that the brainwashers got trapped in their own evil doing: They are not allowed to do less, that would hurt the feelings of the Jews.
    weel nich will dieken dej mot wieken

Last Online
    Wednesday, November 6th, 2019 @ 12:29 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    German, Irish
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    My 9 year old daughter came home one day and asked me why white people were so bad to the blacks and jewish people.

It's going on here too.

We talked about it and it turns out they are on their third book about the oppression of blacks.

This gave us something to talk about for a few days.

On the subject of the second war with Germany in the 21st century, at least her teacher said "not all the Germans were fighting us, only the Nazi's".

While not entirely true, it started a good conversation.

I didn't go to public school at her age so this is new to me. When I was in 4th grade we were learning about Odin, Loki........
    "Do not confuse "duty" with what other people expect of you; they are utterly different. Duty is a debt you owe to yourself to fulfill obligations you have assumed voluntarily. Paying that debt can entail anything from years of patient work to instant willingness to die. Difficult it may be, but the reward is self-respect."

Bavarian Berkserkr
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 @ 07:03 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Primarily German. Other northern European listed in DNA test results.
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Retired military and student.
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I LOVE the overwhelming flow of negative reactions on what seems a pro Jewish website. Not one pro Jewish remark to the good news in that article.
    13. "Boldness is better | than plaints can be For him whose feet must fare; To a destined day has mine age been doomed, And my life's span thereto laid."
    -Skirnir, Skirnismal

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 29th, 2019 @ 11:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    If exposing children to TV-violence desensitises them and makes then more violent, what effect do you think that this relentless holocaust propaganda will have? I would like to know who came up with the idea of making the youth accustomed to the idea of industrial genocide.

Let's just say that I do not think that the Jews have thought through this idea as well as they should have.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Württemberg, Franconia and I recently discovered old ancestors in Saxony
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Baden-Wuerttemberg Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    If exposing children to TV-violence desensitises them and makes then more violent, what effect do you think that this relentless holocaust propaganda will have? I would like to know who came up with the idea of making the youth accustomed to the idea of industrial genocide
    It has the opposite effect of what was initially intended. In fact, as a child, these TV-docus usually made me angry and I felt no sympathy for the depicted victims whatsoever. On the contrary.

Senior Member Eccardus Teutonicus's Avatar
    Last Online
    Thursday, April 12th, 2012 @ 11:48 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Austro-British
    Ancestry
    Lothian, Cork, Donegal, Austria
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Scholar
    Politics
    Elitism
    Religion
    Medieval Catholicism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It sounds to me like the Germans are just more patient than a lot of others. I grew wearing of the bombardment a long time ago. I only started questioning the official story recently, but I stopped having any sympathy for those involved in the event by the time I was in the eighth grade. It's just wave after wave after wave of sob story all the way through grade school and high school in this country - and I went to a private school, so I can only imagine how bad it is in government schools.

I think the time of socially acceptable questioning of the genocide and its extent is coming. The bleeding-heart Baby Boomers who started this nonsense are retiring and dying off, and once they're gone, those they leave behind will be much more willing to question and be sceptical of the official story. There's also less willingness, I think, in my generation (those born after 1975) to blindly attach ourselves to Israel - I know that my hatred of Israel's exploitation of my country is what led me to start giving people like David Irving a second look.
    οὐκ ἐμοῦ, ἀλλὰ τοῦ λόγου ἀκούσαντας ὁμολογεῖν σοφόν ἐστιν ἓν πάντα εἶναί.
    Heraclitus

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 02:03 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I don't think children should be taught the history of anything that happened less than 100 years ago. History in schools is so simplified that the subtleties are lost. The way WWII was portrayed to me as an 11 year old was irresponsible but i got off lightly.

Nothing is more evil than to try make any child feel bad about their nation's history. These 'teachers' should be ashamed of themselves.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, July 12th, 2019 @ 03:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    English/German combo
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Sagittarius
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Germaid View Post
    Even in my school days back in the 90s we were already sick of this topic. Pupils here just sit in history class to get it over with, I and my schoolmates didn't care about WWII and the Holocaust. Nobody who's not completely brainwashed feels guilty about anything. Why should we? They can teach as much WWII in school as they want, time is working against them. The more time goes by, the more pupils become indifferent. The only ones who still celebrate their guilt complex are our politicians, bowing down to any idiot who claims to be a war victim or a descendant. I've never seen any reason to feel bad about the past. And I know my grandparents and other relatives were no evil bloodthirsty creatures.

All people here, not only school kids, literally get bombarded with war literature of Holocaust survivors or docus on TV, the most prominent docu guy is probably Guido Knoop. He must be obsessed with the topic, there is hardly anything else he publishes. Of course all his works are in favour of the typical mainstream teaching, with evil Germany etc. Honestly? I couldn't care less and in RL I don't know many people who do.
    I'm glad to read that the Jewish campaign to inflict guilt on contemporary German youth has failed. Exactly, Germaid, why would (or should) German kids feel guilty? The ones that should feel guilty are the Jew parasites that take German welfare money because it is German money and Jews feel entitled to it for that reason. But of course they don't feel any guilt or shame as they are utterly unprincipled and unscrupulous. The whole "I'm a Jew and Germany owes me" mentality makes me sick.

When they start teaching German youth that foreign parasites, including both Moslems and Jews, are leeching off German welfare and the kids decide to do something about it, then that will be the day that the "indoctrination" of German youth is worth something. Trying to lay a guilt trip on German kids over the poxied "Holocaust" and the Second World War is a complete waste of everyone's time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast