Green Nationalism
    Religion
    Northern European Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Proto-Indo-European and Vedic Religion

I've heard from a few people that they view Proto-Indo-European religion and Historical Vedic religion as the original White man's spirituality. Is that true?

Last Online
    Friday, April 13th, 2012 @ 02:22 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish / German
    Ancestry
    Ireland, Germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Slave To The System :)
    Politics
    Agrarian Traditionalist
    Religion
    Vedic Aryan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very true! It is the wellspring of all religions.
    Bah! Enough of the squalor of democratic humanity. It is time to begin to recognise the aristocracy of the sun. The children of the sun shall be lords on the earth.
    -D.H. Lawrence

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Indo-European and "white man" is not the same. The "white race" extends beyond the cultural and linguistical sphere that is Indo-European and there are peoples of indo-european heritage which aren't really white. It has been argued though that the carriers of the proto-indo-european language and cultures were of nordic stock (by Madison Grant among others if I'm not mistaken).
    Since Germanics are indo-european, I think there is a lot of value in the vedic and proto-indo-european religions from the point of comparative religion. The reconstruction of proto-indo-european culture and spirituality by studying, among others, the vedic religion, provides us with knowledge of a culture that is the most ancient source of our own Germanic culture known to us.

Eala Freia Fresena
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, July 29th, 2019 @ 11:24 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    There is not only the Indian Veda but also a Slavic one. close to Omsk in Siberia is a group of people who preserved the old heathen knowledge. First I thought it is a hoax but I read some of their things, it is pretty good, so I hold my final judgments.

There are also bits and pieces around sometimes on funny places, like the deck of cards.

Brothers Grimm did a whole lot to preserve the tales and myth, ones needs a key though to understand them properly.

The old customer and rites which are preserved in a corrupted version by Christianity teaches a lot.

In the law business are preserved the old way to handle things. Von List retrieved a lot about it in his Rita.

There are also some visionaries who start to retrieve things like Levashov, Blumetti etc.

There is a lot to study.
    Modern visionaries like
    weel nich will dieken dej mot wieken

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 10:25 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Jute/Angle
    Subrace
    Angle/Jute
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Married
    Occupation
    Education
    Politics
    conservative/pan Nordish
    Religion
    Mysticism/Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think we can also see from the paralleled development of Vedic/Indo-European religions. Take Hinduism, its development towards monotheism still left room for old ways.

If European history had taken the same coarse we would still be monotheistic but the old gods would be worshiped as aspects of the supreme godhead and we would still be learning from the wisdom each has to teach.

This also raises the question of weather it is to late to adapted Christian civilization to this model and restore the old stories and lore to its rightful place as part of the spiritual make up of the European peoples.

I have been investigating at some lengths the Vedic martial arts as I wish to get an Idea of the proto Germanic fighting arts and their higher mystical significance. This could lead to western martial arts with a deep internal root. Vedic culture was huge on Yoga and on ascetic practices.

I see some parallels with Germanic practices although it seems to have been more hidden or exclusive in the Western model.

By finding the Vedic/Indo-European esoteric roots of martial art I hope to be able to follow the martial spiritual path with grater integrity and without becoming just another guy who thinks he is Chinese. After all the Chinese adapted what they got from the Indian Vedic tradition to fit their culture, the further back I can take the root the more true my understanding can potently become.

Last Online
    Friday, May 11th, 2012 @ 09:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Teutonic
    Ancestry
    Germany, England, Scotland
    Country
    Natural Law
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think of the original Vedic religion as something similar to Germanic paganism, since it was an "unaltered" Indo-European religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgard View Post
    I think we can also see from the paralleled development of Vedic/Indo-European religions. Take Hinduism, its development towards monotheism still left room for old ways.
    Hinduism is a pretty weird religion - it's a combination of the Aryan religion (the Vedic faith) and the local Dravidian gods.

If European history had taken the same coarse we would still be monotheistic but the old gods would be worshiped as aspects of the supreme godhead and we would still be learning from the wisdom each has to teach.
    That's an interesting idea. What if Christianity had been more polytheistic and accommodating of the older pagan religions?

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Jute/Angle
    Subrace
    Angle/Jute
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Married
    Occupation
    Education
    Politics
    conservative/pan Nordish
    Religion
    Mysticism/Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Saxon View Post

Hinduism is a pretty weird religion - it's a combination of the Aryan religion (the Vedic faith) and the local Dravidian gods.
    True but if we look to Persian we find people who were Vedic but split from India. viewing Indra as the arch devil, they developed Zoroastrianism, a monotheistic religion of their own although admittedly less open to the old gods. It is then reasonable to see this as the ultimate direction of Theology. Greek religion had similar movement towards a supreme God before Christianity gave it a set form.

I like the view of monotheism taken in the Bhagavad gita

Bhagavad-gītā Chapter 7

20. Others again, deprived of discrimination by this or that desire, following this or that rite, devote themselves to other gods, led by their own natures.

21. Whatsoever form any devotee seeks to worship with Shraddhâ,—that Shraddhâ of his do I make unwavering.

22. Endued with that Shraddhâ, he engages in the worship of that, and from it, gains his desires,—these being verily dispensed by Me alone.

23. But the fruit (accruing) to these men of little understanding is limited. The worshippers of the Devas go to the Devas; My devotees too come to me. 23

24. The foolish regard Me, the un-manifested, as come into manifestation, not knowing My supreme state,—immutable and transcendental. 24
    Bhagavad-gītā Chapter 10

BG 10.22: Of the Vedas I am the Sāma Veda; of the demigods I am Indra, the king of heaven; of the senses I am the mind; and in living beings I am the living force [consciousness].

BG 10.23: Of all the Rudras I am Lord Śiva, of the Yakṣas and Rākṣasas I am the Lord of wealth [Kuvera], of the Vasus I am fire [Agni], and of mountains I am Meru.

BG 10.24: Of priests, O Arjuna, know Me to be the chief, Bṛhaspati. Of generals I am Kārtikeya, and of bodies of water I am the ocean.

BG 10.25: Of the great sages I am Bhṛgu; of vibrations I am the transcendental oḿ. Of sacrifices I am the chanting of the holy names [japa], and of immovable things I am the Himālayas.

BG 10.26: Of all trees I am the banyan tree, and of the sages among the demigods I am Nārada. Of the Gandharvas I am Citraratha, and among perfected beings I am the sage Kapila.

BG 10.27: Of horses know Me to be Uccaiḥśravā, produced during the churning of the ocean for nectar. Of lordly elephants I am Airāvata, and among men I am the monarch.

BG 10.28: Of weapons I am the thunderbolt; among cows I am the surabhi. Of causes for procreation I am Kandarpa, the god of love, and of serpents I am Vāsuki.

BG 10.29: Of the many-hooded Nāgas I am Ananta, and among the aquatics I am the demigod Varuṇa. Of departed ancestors I am Aryamā, and among the dispensers of law I am Yama, the lord of death.

BG 10.30: Among the Daitya demons I am the devoted Prahlāda, among subduers I am time, among beasts I am the lion, and among birds I am Garuḍa.

BG 10.31: Of purifiers I am the wind, of the wielders of weapons I am Rāma, of fishes I am the shark, and of flowing rivers I am the Ganges.

BG 10.32: Of all creations I am the beginning and the end and also the middle, O Arjuna. Of all sciences I am the spiritual science of the self, and among logicians I am the conclusive truth.

BG 10.33: Of letters I am the letter A, and among compound words I am the dual compound. I am also inexhaustible time, and of creators I am Brahmā.

BG 10.34: I am all-devouring death, and I am the generating principle of all that is yet to be. Among women I am fame, fortune, fine speech, memory, intelligence, steadfastness and patience.

BG 10.35: Of the hymns in the Sāma Veda I am the Bṛhat-sāma, and of poetry I am the Gāyatrī. Of months I am Mārgaśīrṣa [November-December], and of seasons I am flower-bearing spring.

BG 10.36: I am also the gambling of cheats, and of the splendid I am the splendor. I am victory, I am adventure, and I am the strength of the strong.

BG 10.37: Of the descendants of Vṛṣṇi I am Vāsudeva, and of the Pāṇḍavas I am Arjuna. Of the sages I am Vyāsa, and among great thinkers I am Uśanā.

BG 10.38: Among all means of suppressing lawlessness I am punishment, and of those who seek victory I am morality. Of secret things I am silence, and of the wise I am the wisdom.

BG 10.39: Furthermore, O Arjuna, I am the generating seed of all existences. There is no being — moving or nonmoving — that can exist without Me.

BG 10.40: O mighty conqueror of enemies, there is no end to My divine manifestations. What I have spoken to you is but a mere indication of My infinite opulences.

BG 10.41: Know that all opulent, beautiful and glorious creations spring from but a spark of My splendor.

BG 10.42: But what need is there, Arjuna, for all this detailed knowledge? With a single fragment of Myself I pervade and support this entire universe.
    It is also interesting to note that the followers of Krishna have converted many Christians who see following Krishna as a growth of their Christianity rather than a threat to it. They still think of themselves as Christian but have a different angle on it.

This more open view allowed for the unification of many strands of thought without setting up religious conflict. God is the god of peace and love but he also has an aspect of war.
    If people don't worship god directly this is not a problem they just get the benefit they ask for through the medium of the lesser god.

If this view point was adopted in Europe we could keep our Christian and pagan heritage and develop our understanding of god through our own cultural lenses rather than purely through ancient Jewish scripture.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 04:38 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    My known ancestry is Norwegian
    State
    Nordic Union Nordic Union
    Politics
    Identitarian
    Religion
    Germanic & Indo-European Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocko View Post
    There is not only the Indian Veda but also a Slavic one. close to Omsk in Siberia is a group of people who preserved the old heathen knowledge. First I thought it is a hoax but I read some of their things, it is pretty good, so I hold my final judgments.
    Slavic Veda... that's interesting. Could you link to it?

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 03:02 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Austria
    Subrace
    Nordic-Alpine mix I believe
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Student
    Politics
    Radical Traditionalist
    Religion
    Transcendental Naturalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olavsson View Post
    Slavic Veda... that's interesting. Could you link to it?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7noXqRsiEY

Should be of great use to you.
    Let truth and falsehood grapple...truth is strong-
    John Milton

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Jute/Angle
    Subrace
    Angle/Jute
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Married
    Occupation
    Education
    Politics
    conservative/pan Nordish
    Religion
    Mysticism/Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOvGermania View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7noXqRsiEY

Should be of great use to you.
    I would love to get a look at the Slavic Vedas in written translation if they exist as such.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast