Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If You Have Brown Eyes You Are Not Germanic?

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 05:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guđrún View Post
    I was talking about brown eyes, isn't that what this thread is about?
    I must have misread your statement, then. My post was about non-light (blue or green) eyes.

How do you explain then that the ancient Germanics and Viking tribes were described as blue/light eyed? Swarthy traits stuck out in comparison.
    Light eyes were obviously the majority in the Scandinavians and still are. (And to the South Europeans who described them, this must have been among the first traits they noticed.) Doesn't mean that brown-eyed people were non-existent, or are the result of foreign genes.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 26th, 2012 @ 04:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Iowa Iowa
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefo View Post
    I think its kindof silly when i hear people saying that they would only breed with another partner of blonde hair and blues eyes. If i am to understand genetics right.. even two blonde haired and blue eyed male and female's can still end up having a dark hair and dark eyed kid. The genes can be passed down from further generations.

I have dark hair and hazel eyes myself, so i dont really worry about it to be honest.
    Actually,I've never seen blond/blue parents had dark/dark kids,maybe such case indeed could happen...

Last Online
    Sunday, July 29th, 2012 @ 03:18 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Subrace
    Homo sapians-sapians
    Country
    Single adult
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Dark Energy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Gott Mit Uns View Post
    Actually,I've never seen blond/blue parents had dark/dark kids,maybe such case indeed could happen...
    I have to agree 100%. It is actually the other way. I have seen an example of a girl with the Swedish name Stephanson. Her father had the name and had brown hair. her mother was obvious very Swedish looking, with blond hair and blue eyes. The girl was very stunning looking. She had the lily white flawless skin and not a mark on it. She had the fine whiteish blond hair and beautiful blue eyes that seemed to sparkle in the sunshine. Her face was perfect, stunning looking. She was smart, witty and funny. She always tried to be happy. The genes lined up again and she was just like the ancient Nordic people of 1500 years ago. I was enthralled with her. Enthralled is a powerful word. Closest definition is "taken under her spell". The genes of the Nordic people are strong. They can be brought back.

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2012 @ 06:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gott Mit Uns View Post
    I personally have this type in my family. So i wouldn't think that its extremely uncommon, but I'm not an expert so I dont know.

Alamanne
    How comes that Inuit and most Lappish people have brown/dark eyes ? They´re also originally from the very North.......

Last Online
    Thursday, March 1st, 2012 @ 07:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    National Capitalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guđrún View Post
    Brown eyes are an alien feature in the North. Rarely a native has them, usually a sign of Celtic or Lappish ancestry.
    I was at a meal in London last summer with 2 Danes, a Swede, and me. All of us had brown hair, and i was the only one with blue eyes. I've visited all of these people in their own countries and none of them stood out, or were ever singled out, for looking foreign or non-native.
    I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger.
    I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night.
    Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power!
    I AM BEOWULF!

Last Online
    Monday, September 3rd, 2018 @ 03:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Belgium
    Country
    State
    Utah Utah
    Happy
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauz R. Waldher View Post
    So, I really enjoy this forum. Very much indeed. But I noticed something weird. Of all the intelligence and experience here amongst you all ... I don't see anyone protesting when another person states that "if you have brown eyes you are not Germanic". Do the majority of the folks here actually believe this rubbish? Do you really, honestly think that hair and eye color are essential? We're talking thousands of years here. Not decades or even centuries ... In 2011 we are all mixed up culturally. Please tell me that this is not the popular consensus here.
    Nothing weird. You just seem to have a misunderstanding. There are many Germanic people who have brown eyes, the only difference is that their proportion is lower in comparison to most populations. This is only because most Germanic countries are located in more northerly latitudes of Europe. Regions where light pigmentation is most frequent.

Denmark is a Germanic country. The proportion of eye colour within the ethnic Danish population is as follows 50.7% blue( the most common eye colour), 33.4% green, 15.9% brown. So the brown-eyed ethnic Danes are definitely no less Germanic but they are a minority.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, August 16th, 2019 @ 06:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Whatever led to this profiling thread staying open for so long, is still beyond me; and it's quite probably because the thread ran its course anyway, the question having been answered, debated, answered again and attempted from all possible types of angles, including the occasional dissenting opinion.

It should have better stayed at that, though. I'm going to take the liberty of closing this thread at the particular stage of discussion pre-emptively, and would point people who wish to discuss the matter of pigment amongst Germanics to our extensive Anthropology sections - and if need be, to register in order to participate there.

For the sake of this guest-post-allowing sub-forum, namely "Questions about Germanics", the question has been answered, and we can all move on: Nothing left to see.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123