Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intelligent Women Forced to 'Dumb Down' and Find a Less-Educated Man to Marry

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    New Zealand European
    Ancestry
    English, Scottish, Icelandic, Scandinavian, Irish
    Subrace
    Hallstatt Keltic Nordid
    Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Elvish monarch
    Religion
    Norse Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Post Intelligent Women Forced to 'Dumb Down' and Find a Less-Educated Man to Marry

Relationships between men and women are changing radically as high-flying females find it increasingly difficult to marry successful men, a new study has found.
    Research has revealed women's success in education and the workplace mean they are having to 'trade down' when it comes to finding a partner.
    Historically, sociologists say women have looked for partners who were richer and better educated than themselves.
    But as they outperform men in earnings and promotion the traditional model of the relationship between men and women is being turned on its head.
    The Philadelphia-based Pew Research Centre study, published in The Atlantic magazine, suggests female graduates are being put in similar situation to that faced for some time by black women.
    In America, 70 per cent of black women have no husband and there are twice as many black women as black men with university degrees.

Many educated British women believe there is already a dearth of traditional husbands.
    Claire Davis, 33, who works in financial services and lives in south London, told The Times: 'I have a good job, my own flat and I can pretty much do what I want, but a lot of the men I meet aren't really of the right calibre.

'If I look at the friends I went to university with, the men don't tend to be doing as well as the women.'
    Universities Minister David Willetts today warned a 'striking gap' is developing between the number of men and women graduating from university in the UK.

He said females were now outshining their male counterparts, not just in school classrooms but in lecture halls and seminars too.
    According to the latest figures, 50 per cent of women are graduating from university compared to only 40 per cent of men.
    Speaking to Dermot Murnaghan on Sky News, Mr Willetts said the trend may lead to a change in household living.
    He said: 'There is now a rather striking gap if we look at the statistics, where it looks as if approximately 50 per cent of women are graduating from university by the time they are 30 and perhaps about 40 per cent of men.
    'This is where the sociologists step in and people think through the implications of that but we have got a gap in educational performance here that goes all the way through our schools and universities, and I want to see an improvement in educational opportunities for men and women because it does look as if the challenge we particularly face in our society at the moment is that the boys are lagging behind the girls.
    'It may, in turn, shift balance of earnings between women and men because it connects with what I was saying earlier that, by and large, graduates earn more.
    'It may lead to changes in the pattern of household living, so there are some deep questions here and I think these are questions that, as a society, we should focus on.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...man-marry.html

Last Online
    Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 @ 06:22 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    European-American, mostly Germanic
    Subrace
    Reduced Borreby
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    single adult
    Occupation
    College student
    Politics
    Capitalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    This is probably the worst sign of a dying culture, when the women are more accomplished than the men, not that there is anything wrong with women being educated and pursuing careers or even leadership positions. Men should ALWAYS be slightly more educated and physically active/strong than the woman they are in a relationship though. A woman can't be psychologically happy if she is normal in such a relationship and for good reason; it makes sex and child rearing more difficult and less efficient. Without a steady flow of reproduction there is no continued improvement of eugenics to match societal advancements and thus you have a dying culture. A psychologically healthy woman accepts her gender and does not need to push her biological limits to prove herself equal to man (this does not mean not challenging herself). The physical differences in the genders account for a woman's genetic equal to need less relaxation and have slightly higher IQs in certain areas, to name a few examples. The sexual androgeny in colonialized countries and European culture is anti-rationalism, it is a vicious fight against strength in nature.

Every good woman needs a man and every good man needs a woman to function well but there are a lot of cultural, societal problems that interfere with this. Not everyone needs to be married to be in a serious relationship with someone. Temporary relationships in young adults are fine as long as they involve caring intentions, loyalty, and common values. But with our deteriorating culture, this is the last thing that wouldn't be abused.

Highly intelligent women need to find their genetic equals to get satisfaction in a sexual relationship, but with the way the culture is it is very difficult. One reason is because our culture actually encourages weakness and shame in men, resulting in a signifigantly smaller handful of individuals for intelligent women to choose from.

Last Online
    Friday, March 30th, 2018 @ 11:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosomal Viking View Post
    I don't really know what to make of it but I do know a few things. If the universities in the UK are anything like the universities here, they have been turned into businesses that want to crank out as many graduates they can. Anyone with the financial means and the willingness to do the work can get a degree. Men want to be challenged, not do busy work. The human brain does not mature until 23 years, and we know that women mature in all ways faster than men. So one idea I have is that women, especially at a young age, are more suited to do the busy work to obtain a degree. That or it's another evil plot to displace white men.
    Yes that's true. It was a long time since education had a strong correlation with intelligence. Today there are loads of useless subjects being taught.

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 05:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    It's sad to hear that women have to pretend they're dumber than they are. It's a bit degrading. And here I mean genuinely intelligent women, not some assembly-line graduate who has gotten a degree without actually being smart.

Just like AV said, many modern colleges are like factories for churning out graduates. Anyone could get a degree in "Gender Studies" (or whatever) after a couple of weeks. It doesn't indicate actual intelligence.

Last Online
    Friday, March 30th, 2018 @ 11:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigyn View Post
    It's sad to hear that women have to pretend they're dumber than they are. It's a bit degrading. And here I mean genuinely intelligent women, not some assembly-line graduate who has gotten a degree without actually being smart.

Just like AV said, many modern colleges are like factories for churning out graduates. Anyone could get a degree in "Gender Studies" (or whatever) after a couple of weeks. It doesn't indicate actual intelligence.
    I think "dumbing down" was just used as a metaphor. It didn't refer to smart women hanging out with literally daft men, but men who have lower-paying jobs. There are of course clever people who have lesser paying jobs than others but they would in this article be described as "dumb".

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 08:16 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English-American
    Ancestry
    English/England
    Country
    United States United States
    Single adult
    Occupation
    student
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    If you have to act stupid to make a guy like you, he isn't the one for you.

If a guy is so insecure about his girlfriend being more educated or having a better job, he needs to get a grip. No woman wants a whiny insecure man.
    Proud to be Germanic.

Even though my ancestry is English, Germany is my favorite country.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 09:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
    If you have to act stupid to make a guy like you, he isn't the one for you.
    The article meant women are having to 'dumb down' their standards, not their intelligence. But, to be honest, anyone who looks down on another because society arbitrarily deems that other's job of lesser import and worthy of inferior pay, isn't exactly going to have a horde of men tackling one another in the race to be the first to reach her.

A woman with a strong enough mind to think for herself will always be able to find a man she can identify with and respect on an intellectual level, regardless of what economic band he belongs to. But some people do get caught up in modern definitions of 'success' and 'worth', and apparently even 'dumb'. There's a whole class of yuppies out there who can't relate to anyone not wearing a rolex, and who can only find 'deep connection' with others by discussing this week's most pretentious buzzwords. These types really should just stick to their own kind, for the sake of their own (in reality, unattainable) 'happiness', and, more importantly, for the happiness of the other, better person.

Last Online
    Friday, April 10th, 2020 @ 08:32 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    As liberal arts institutions become increasingly worthless, filled with useless classes and left wing indoctrination, a lot of men find it more worth their time to attend more practical trade and vocational schools, or to go to work directly, (or to go into the military). They are leaving more traditional liberal arts institutions in droves. That has been a trend now for years.

Women are becoming more educated. But what does that mean these days? Does being educated really mean anything other than you can sit through four or more years of pedantic prattle from a professor with an agenda?

The higher education bubble is about to collapse, same way the housing bubble did. Tuition keeps rising above an expected return rate for a college education. Kids are borrowing thousands of dollars for an education and then finding there are no high paying jobs out there to help them pay it back. When more people finally catch on, both women and men will be leaving diploma factories.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast