Elvish monarch
    Religion
    Norse Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Post One in Three Women Dislike Cuddles

It is a long-held stereotype that women are the ones demanding night-time cuddles, while men reluctantly give them.

But as a new study reveals, it seems that it is men who are the keenest on cuddling, while as many as a third of British women claim they can't bear it.
    A staggering 32 per cent of UK females admit they can’t stand cuddling when in bed, but force themselves into a clinch to avoid upsetting their partner.
    Despite this, 55 per cent of women admit they do manage to cuddle their man in bed every night – but usually allow them the briefest of hugs before rolling over to go to sleep.

An overwhelming 77 per cent of women admit to performing the ‘hug and roll’ manoeuvre – made famous by Ross in the hit American sitcom ‘Friends’ - where they hug their partner until he falls asleep, before quickly disentangling themselves, rolling over to claim their own bed space and falling asleep.

Almost half of all UK women admit they don’t like cuddling in bed because when they finally retire they just want to go to sleep.

One in five say they don’t like over-long personal contact with their partner, claiming that cuddling in bed makes them hot and uncomfortable.
    A third of women give night-time cuddles just twice a week or less. And more than one in 20 admit they ‘hardly ever’ cuddle their partner.
    And the statistic to make these cuddle-starved men weep? Close to one in 10 women admit they’d rather be checking Facebook in bed than cuddling their partner.
    Some 36 per cent of British males say getting too few night-time cuddles has led to bedroom rows, compared to just 26 per cent of women who say the same.
    As for those affection-starved men - they are more likely to cuddle their partner all night long – 22 per cent of men admit to this compared to just 18m per cent of women, while conversely, women are also twice as likely to ‘hardly ever’ cuddle their partner as men.

Just 18 per cent of men are likely to regularly perform the ‘hug and roll’ manoeuvre compared to 24 per cent of their female counterparts.
    Both sexes admit they tend to cuddle their partner less as they get older though. One in five men and women say they cuddle their partner once a night every night – seven times a week on average. And 41 per cent of the nation agrees that cuddles are most likely during the winter months.
    A spokesperson for Silentnight, the company behind the findings, said: 'There is a general consensus that women prefer cuddling to men. But, according to our research, this clearly isn’t the case.
    'By their own admission men admit they are the ones most likely to kick up a fuss if they don’t get their night-time cuddle.

'It seems men are much more sensitive than even they realise and they certainly crave that loving feeling that comes with a cuddle significantly more than their partners do.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...men-stand.html

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 09:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Far Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I would not want to spend my life with a woman who doesn't like being held. "Cuddling" is just as important as making love, both of them complimenting each other. How can one properly express affection for their partner without it? A "brief hug" is obligatory at best and that to me does not equate into true love.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    I would often be asked by my girlfriends to cuddle and to be held, not so much from my own initiative, though I always very much enjoyed it there was thus not much convincing from my side. At any rate, there can be nothing more fulfilling than knowing the woman you love safe in your arms.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I will have to agree with this. Cuddling during a movie is fine, but I am a blanket and bed hog and I don't like to be touched while I'm in sleep mode. Cuddly guys piss me off so much because like my space and I like my bed...to myself. Needy men are really lame.
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 09:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Far Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ælfrun View Post
    I will have to agree with this. Cuddling during a movie is fine, but I am a blanket and bed hog and I don't like to be touched while I'm in sleep mode. Cuddly guys piss me off so much because like my space and I like my bed...to myself. Needy men are really lame.
    Wanting to hold my woman does not make me "needy". I do it because it feels good.

Like nobody else
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 09:21 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Ancestry
    Swedish and Danish
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    NS
    Religion
    NS
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I can relate to this. There are certain times when cuddle is just right, and certain times when it's not right at all. It depends alot on my mood and the climate too of course. Cuddling when it's a hot summer night is out of the question, cuddling when it's a cold autumn or winter day can be just perfect.

Yes, I would say my man is more into cuddling than I am. I also think it could be a cultural thing, and what you're used to. Just because I don't feel like cuddling every damn night doesn't mean I don't have feelings, it just means I would like to save it for when I really need it and want it. Being cuddled often would take away that special feeling about it, same with saying ''I love you'' 20 times a day or giving compliments every hour. Yes, you can get enough of good things too.

Let me also add that I'm happy about the fact that my man likes to cuddle, there are so many men out there who just don't care about such things, and I would certainly not want to live without it. Cuddling is wonderful.
    A democracy is nothing more than mob rule,
    where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%.

Datter av Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian-Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    Wanting to hold my woman does not make me "needy". I do it because it feels good.
    I didn't call you needy I just said that needy men are lame, and sone men are way too needy!
    All things must come to the soul from it's roots, from where it is planted. The that is beside the running water is fresher, and gives more fruit.

Last Online
    Friday, August 3rd, 2012 @ 12:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    celto-germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    It can be annoying when the woman keeps trying to cuddle in her sleep, trying to get all my body warmth, backing into me shoving me out of the bed like some kind of a crazy slow-motion bulldozer while stealing away all the blankets.

Sometimes it may be good to turn up the thermostat in the bedroom so that women are less 'cuddly' and a man can sleep in peace.

Other than that it is fine, I can take it or leave it.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    Indeed. A guy who will go glum if out drinking with his girl and she's away for three minutes talking to someone else is needy or clingy. A guy who is generally his own man but likes to hold his woman every now and again and when it feels good and appropriate is hardly and would be cold and free of emotions if he didn't.

That being said, I very rarely show much affection in public and it unnerves me when she beleaguers me whilst I've clearly got more important stuff to do than to cuddle, such as leading a philosophical discussion with one of my friends or comrades. When she has my undivided attention, I kind of expect the same back, however; by which time she is usually close to asking for it anyway. The amount of times my Ex had to come out of the bar to fetch me because she was in there all on her own and I was in the midst of an all-important conversation about the physical density of turnips still amuses me...

As a result, I've usually had a lesser problem with wanting to cling and cuddle when the girl didn't but instead remember umpteen instances when I was scolded for not giving her that when she wanted it. But, as with everything in a relationship, a consensus can be found over time that suits both sides, especially considering that I usually tend to spend as much free time as I can with the better half when I currently have one, arrangements are thus made more easily than if you get to speak to each other once in a blue moon.

(I thus have a habit of annoying them by the sole virtue of the amount of time I spend with them rather than the time invested in actual exchange of niceities. )
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Thursday, April 26th, 2012 @ 01:42 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    German, Norwegian, England, Ireland
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Triage in Medical Office
    Politics
    Not important
    Religion
    Going back to my Roots
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cuddling is essential, in my opinion. There can be a time and a place, though. Random cuddles are terrific. But for sleeping I can't be wrapped up in a bear hug, it is rather stifiling. Just a foot touching his leg when falling off to sleep is nice.
    Perhaps there is a cultural bias in this study? I am not familiar with the British viewpoints of intimacy.

I thought that I would pop in a give another female perspective.

Rootseeker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast