ethno nationalism
    Religion
    Catholic Texas German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

University Degree % of Germans?

I am immensely curious about this. I grew up in south central Texas in a city with a ton of U.S. bases and always would encounter U.S. military personnel with a German wife or with some story of having a German wife with kids back in Germany.

These guys would never have college degrees so I have always wondered, are there a lot of women in Germany who don't have degrees and hence would marry these guys? Most these U.S. military guys were under 25 and stupid in the extreme, which brings up questions in my mind on why German women would be with them.

I never liked this because these same U.S. military guys would be back in the U.S. with some young, uneducated U.S. girl, usually under 20, and would proclaim how they have some German girl knocked up in Germany who they married. Another testament to why the U.S. presence in Germany is bad for Germans in my eyes.

I'd love to know what actual native Germans think of this. In Texas U.S. military personnel are seen as lechers who use women by most educated people (because they do).

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Actual data state that the quota of women who´re studying right now is slightly higher than the quota of men.

According to an official survey from 2010, 25% of all German people between the age of 25 and 64 have an University degree or an degree from an University of Applied Sciences.

The following graphs show the development of the amount of women who began studying (Studienanfänger) or are studying (Studierende) during the years from 1991 to 2010.

It shows that more than 51% of all students in 2010 were women and that more than 54% of all beginning students were women. The share of men is sinking.

I hope I could help you with my answer. I´m not studying myself, I don´t have the higher education entrance qualification. Thank you, mathematics! That subject ruined it for me back then.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last Online
    Tuesday, December 13th, 2011 @ 04:36 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Scottish/German
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    work sucks
    Politics
    ethno nationalism
    Religion
    Catholic Texas German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
    Actual data state that the quota of women who´re studying right now is slightly higher than the quota of men.

According to an official survey from 2010, 25% of all German people between the age of 25 and 64 have an University degree or an degree from an University of Applied Sciences.

The following graphs show the development of the amount of women who began studying (Studienanfänger) or are studying (Studierende) during the years from 1991 to 2010.

It shows that more than 51% of all students in 2010 were women and that more than 54% of all beginning students were women. The share of men is sinking.

I hope I could help you with my answer. I´m not studying myself, I don´t have the higher education entrance qualification. Thank you, mathematics! That subject ruined it for me back then.

Well then why do German women marry these U.S. military personnel in the U.S. bases inside Germany?

Are they doing it for entrance into the U.S. or because they're less affluent East Germans? I don't understand it.

It's an interesting phenomena to me. If only these German women knew the realities of U.S. military personnel as us in the U.S. do......

All I can think is that these are less affluent East Germans marrying for economic reasons?

I know among black and Mexican U.S. military personnel there is a big interest in serving in Germany so as to attempt to lure in a white German wife, and I've seen and heard as much from them. Perhaps these women are poor or disenfranchised somehow I suppose?